Crystal Tarot - High Priestess

Jewel-ry

Hi everyone,

I have taken parts of this from my 78 week study. Heres the thread if you would like to know what thats about.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20021

I thought I would post it here in case anyone would like to add their thoughts and of course because not all of you will be reading that thread.

She appears to sit at a gateway, with flowers and light to the left of the card and moon, mystery and darkness to the right of the card. I see this HP as being the gateway between the spiritual and the mundane, the light and the dark. She has a book in her lap but she doesnt hold it. It just rests there, kind of cradled in her arms. She doesnt need to hold on to her secrets because she just is, and has, and knows them. She is so powerful and respected in her silence. We all know people like this. They speak with their silence.

There is what looks like a mirror towards the back left hand side of the card, but you can only see half of it. The other side is hidden - reflection, hidden mysteries. There is so much fabric in her gown that it creates depths and folds of material, adding to the hidden depths, mystery, unseen factors aspect of the card. She is the principle of darkness, look inwards to find the light.

J :)

crystal cove

The thing that strikes me about this card is that the HP seems to WANT to reveal her secrets, for example, the book that is half in the dark and half in the light. In most decks, she seems like she wants to hold onto them for dear life.