Animal Messages--worth buying the bigger book?

jolie_amethyst

Animal Messages--buy the bigger book!

Edit for any future users of this deck looking for information:
I was able to pick up a used copy of Susie Green's book, Animal Wisdom, in excellent shape from Amazon for under $4. While it's mainly about animals as your spirit guide/totem, there's a good deal more written about each of the animals than there is in the LWB-equivalent from the deck. Instead of about a paragraph each, you get a full 8"x10" page of description. In checking 10 or so of the animals so far, there's a good deal more useful information to spark ideas from in the book than in the deck guide--and while some of it is as silly as what's on some of the cards, a lot of it should relate well to emotional issues or areas for spiritual growth.

If you can get the book relatively cheaply, I definitely suggest it, as it will likely enhance your experience with this deck.

Original post:
So I picked up a boxed, like new copy of the Animal Messages deck by Susie Green tonight for a decent used price tonight at Half Price Books. I read a few threads here on the deck and the sometimes odd keywords/meanings that are correlated to some cards. A few people mentioned the Animal Wisdom book by the same author. Is it really linked to the deck? It's hard to tell from what's on Amazon, and there's only one review.

It's pretty cheap used though, and they even have copies on Prime, so I'd get free shipping. Is it better than the little deck book at all?

It's certainly a pretty little deck, and my first single card draw was very appropriate to my situation. I'm looking forward to working with these!