Basic Lenormand Help

HeatherRose

So, as I've been saying, I am COMPLETELY new to the world of Lenormand and I'm finding out that they are NOTHING like Tarot.
So, when it comes to tarot, I am of the mindset that you cannot ask yes or no questions. They must be more open ended.
For Lenormand, how does that work? I have seen that yes or no questions are acceptable. Are open ended questions going to get answers from Lenormand too? Such as...would I be able to ask things along the lines of "Where are things headed in this relationship?" Or "How will things develop at my job?"
Also, can time frames be asked of the Lenormand? I know that many people ask me for tarot readings looking for 3 month periods or 6 month periods, or even just the month of July.
And lastly, do you have to have a specific question or topic in mind, or like Tarot, can you give general readings?
Any help is appreciated, Thanks!
And I apologize if this is simpleton speak or if it has already been covered somewhere and I missed it.

:)

andybc

Yes-No questions with the Petit Lenormand (and Tarot, to be honest) are both acceptable and possible. They’re done a little differently though. You ask the specific question, and I do mean specific and not two-parted, and you deal out the cards (I prefer three but some do five). They’re then read based on dominance of positive to negative – bearing in mind, some cards change their spectrum with other cards i.e. Cloverleaf, Stars and Roads all become negative when with the Clouds. Birds is negative when close to the significator or Clouds. That gives you the answer, the yes-no, and then the cards’ combinations dealt out will tell you why the answer is that.

Two cards do carry a meaning of ‘yes’ and ‘no’, too. These are the Key and Coffin, respectively. However, again, your main answer will be based on positivity and these two appearing is a confirmation.

General spreads are done. The Grand Tableau is a general spread, actually. It covers all areas of your life over a period (I tend to do three or six months with my clients face to face, my clients abroad sometimes choose twelve months).

The 3 x 3 is also a general spread, normally short periods such as four to twelve weeks’ time. The theme is set, however, by the middle card i.e. Fish here would be money, Cross grief and hardships, et cetera.

HeatherRose

Thank you for your input andybc. I appreciate it! :)

HeatherRose

Thank you Glass Owl, I appreciate the help!

Village Witch

I sincerely appreciate those links too. I will let you know how they work. Thanks!