My deck is mad at me!

gregory

Sorry to disagree but cards aren't JUST cards. If you hold any facts, they are your facts and your facts only. Cards HAVE a spirit and a mind. I am a psychic too and believe me... unless you start treating them as they truly are you will never know and understand the TRUE purpose of tarot.
Sorry to disagree with YOU - but your view is not necessarily absolute truth, only YOUR perspective. Your truth works for you but not for all, psychic or not.

I think a LOT of people here who would disagree also understand the true purpose of tarot without needing to see their decks as imbued with anything more than the means to see beyond the here and now.

CrystalSun

Sorry to disagree with YOU - but your view is not necessarily absolute truth, only YOUR perspective. Your truth works for you but not for all, psychic or not.

I think a LOT of people here who would disagree also understand the true purpose of tarot without needing to see their decks as imbued with anything more than the means to see beyond the here and now.

Your view is not an absolute truth either. I never said I hold the absolute truth. Not sure from where you got that idea. But that doesn't mean Grizabella hold FACTS as she claims either.

Can you please show me the LOT of people that would disagree with me? Thanks.

Malophile

(Incidentally, do you have a specific deck in mind? New decks are so exciting.)

Ah yes, I'm looking at The Cheimonette Tarot deck! It's so spiritual and the colours just draw me right in!

gregory

Your view is not an absolute truth either. I never said I hold the absolute truth. Not sure from where you got that idea. But that doesn't mean Grizabella hold FACTS as she claims either.

Can you please show me the LOT of people that would disagree with me? Thanks.
They will show up soon enough, I'm sure. This thread hasn't been up that long. But where I got the idea - from your post:

I am a psychic too and believe me... unless you start treating them as they truly are you will never know and understand the TRUE purpose of tarot.

Griz's post was less "definite" in that sense. And mine just said I disagreed, not that I claim to know any "truth". My truth is the only one that works for me, and my truth may well not work for anyone else.

Glennmaicha

Ah yes, I'm looking at The Cheimonette Tarot deck! It's so spiritual and the colours just draw me right in!

Oh! A nice choice. I had been eyeing it for a while too, but I'm practicing restraint... For the time being. If you do end up purchasing it, I hope you enjoy. :)

NeaTheCat

Anyway, I asked it if I bought another deck, would it be mad at me... I drew the 5 of Cups. I guess overall, it wants to be a sole deck, demanding my full use. But the 5 of Cups I come to believe means "dwelling on the negative, self-pity". Is my deck telling me that it will be sad because it couldn't draw me in completely?

Ahhh, how new I am to tarot and this deck has already drawn my full attention.

I get the feeling you are not ready for a new deck yet. Do you think you would spread yourself too thin if you get a new deck already?

I am also a newbie and in the process of learning and I only use my Gilded deck through the process because I do not want to complicate the process even more.

Citrin

This has been discussed a lot of times on AT, quite the popular subject... :)

A lot of us believe that the cards are a tool. The images are powerful and spiritual, but the cards are a tool that channel our intuition and inner feelings etc. Cards don't get mad, sad or jealous, just like your favourite book wouldn't be mad and change its' content because you buy other books and enjoy them too. I'm one of the people that have this view. I'm comfortable with seeing it like this and since I started using the tarot cards (in 2004 or 2005) I've never felt this is wrong in any way.

But others on AT do believe that the cards have a personality, soul and such. They believe their decks get mad, sad, etc. I have a hard time understanding this view - like someone said, does your car get mad if you let someone else drive it? But sure, if someone truly believes that their deck has a spirit, personality and a mood, yeah that's their cup of tea and I'm not gonna work my butt off to prove them wrong.

It seems like a lot of books and websites still promote that you have to treat your deck a certain way (use a wooden box, cleanse them with certain rituals and bla bla), and I think that makes people believe the cards are their own creature, without actually trying to figure out themselves what they believe when it comes to this matter.

Malophile

I get the feeling you are not ready for a new deck yet. Do you think you would spread yourself too thin if you get a new deck already?

I am also a newbie and in the process of learning and I only use my Gilded deck through the process because I do not want to complicate the process even more.

I think I need a new deck because I need to connect with one completely before I can wholly understand Tarot. The Cheimonette Tarot is absolutely gorgeous. I will be purchasing it because it's so spiritual. I need the vibrant simplicity of it, rather than the complex detail of the Mystic Dreamer Tarot. I am also looking into purchasing Morgan-Greer Tarot so that I do have a Rider-Waite based set that is appealing. New decks aren't bad, I just need to find that ONE deck :)

Malophile

A lot of us believe that the cards are a tool. The images are powerful and spiritual, but the cards are a tool that channel our intuition and inner feelings etc. Cards don't get mad, sad or jealous, just like your favourite book wouldn't be mad and change its' content because you buy other books and enjoy them too. I'm one of the people that have this view. I'm comfortable with seeing it like this and since I started using the tarot cards (in 2004 or 2005) I've never felt this is wrong in any way.

But others on AT do believe that the cards have a personality, soul and such. They believe their decks get mad, sad, etc. I have a hard time understanding this view - like someone said, does your car get mad if you let someone else drive it? But sure, if someone truly believes that their deck has a spirit, personality and a mood, yeah that's their cup of tea and I'm not gonna work my butt off to prove them wrong.

I am learning and right now, at this point in time, I do believe my cards have a certain aura. I also can accept other opinions, and I understand them too. Each to their own :)

NeaTheCat

I think I need a new deck because I need to connect with one completely before I can wholly understand Tarot.

Ok. I get it. You seem further along the process than I am. Hope you find your deck soon to connect with.

I do not really think the cards have human feelings. But I do think they sort of can reflect your feelings. How it is done I can not say. :D