My deck is mad at me!

ravenest

Hmm.. I've never thought of it that way but this could very well be true:)

I have a couple of different decks and I feel they all have a different personality. Maybe they are hidden ones of mine but I don't think so. I feel like I'm quite different from my cards. for example, my mythic deck is blunt and straight to the point. It holds no punches and doesn't really care if I don't use him for months. When I first bought him, I didn't like him at all. A year later, I've come to appreciate him more than ever and he wasn't mad at all. However, my Universal Fantasy deck was a bit jealous when I had them laid next to each other. She's more of a sweet personality, though. She doesn't like to hurt others and tries to find a way to put things nicely. My steampunk tarot is my favorite. I mesh so well with this deck and I feel an incredible connection with her. I honestly do believe there is a spirit within this deck. I've had dreams about her, however, I have never been able to see her face. Just from her lips down.. but she does have long black hair:) She is a mature deck, quite like mythic, but not really. She is blunt as well but not so cold with her readings.

I understand I may sound absolutely crazy but this is just my opinion on the topic:p I am from Wonderland after all;)

He ... She ? Interesting gender differentiations there :)

DownUnderNZer

Cards are just tools. There are no personalities, moods and/or attitudes. That all comes from the reader.

HOWEVER...

If your Tarot/Oracle cards are able to shuffle themselves, decide their own spread choices, and interact/communicate with a sitter without a reader then I would change my mind for sure.

Reminds me - better put on the heater so my Tarot/Oracle cards don't feel the cold. :D

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi folks,

Some posts that were off topic and argumentative have been removed from this thread.

Please could we stick to the topic of the thread: 'My deck is mad at me!'.

Further posts that are argumentative, personal or off topic will be removed without notice.

Sulis - moderator

Malophile

Hi folks,
Some posts that were off topic and argumentative have been removed from this thread.
Please could we stick to the topic of the thread: 'My deck is mad at me!'.
Further posts that are argumentative, personal or off topic will be removed without notice.
Sulis - moderator

Thank you

ana luisa

so what does that mean ana, depending on the way you use them---?

Whether she uses the cards as tools or conduits . After all, she will make her choice as to how they work better for her ;)

NeaTheCat

If one denies 'soul' (that is; the needs of the projected unconscious self in an objective environment) its expression, as it will (how IT wants to express itself), there will be some sort of rebellion.

And the self may well project that into the cards so that their readings are wrong, interpreted wrong ... or even to behave unconsciously in way to 'prove' them wrong.

Your deck can get just as nasty and vindictive as your Id can .... if you are that sort of person ... ;)

:D Ok I see.

I can't wait until I can try out new decks and see if I can feel different energies of different decks.

ravenest

We could 'settle' this quiet easily with a few decks, someone that claims they can feel different energies from a deck, some decks that are happy and angry with their owner, lay them out on the table, blindfold the 'receptor' and they should be able to tell from feel.

Any volunteers ?

Grizabella

I was the one who said the cards are always right, but we aren't always. That's quite true, and I'm convinced of it. The cards that are supposed to come out, always come out. But our readings of them are sometimes wrong. I don't understand what's wrong with that statement, but I'm certainly not afraid to face the fact that my readings sometimes might not be so right on. Nobody is 100% right 100% of the time. My goal is not 100% infallibility. Nobody ever is in any realm. My goal is helpfulness, relevance and impartiality so I can read what the cards say without giving my own opinion disguised as what the cards say. :)

SunChariot

So I am new to tarot and I am learning the meanings right now, but I bought a new deck that I felt drawn to (Mystic Dreamer) and I am connecting well with it, even though the art work is typically digital, it is a tad busy. Still, I really admire the cards.

I am connecting well, as I said up there, but I am in a bit of a stir. I asked my deck some questions about its self, and it's very open. Loves to tell me how it feels clear as day. Anyway, I asked it if I bought another deck, would it be mad at me... I drew the 5 of Cups. I guess overall, it wants to be a sole deck, demanding my full use. But the 5 of Cups I come to believe means "dwelling on the negative, self-pity". Is my deck telling me that it will be sad because it couldn't draw me in completely?

Ahhh, how new I am to tarot and this deck has already drawn my full attention.

Here are my opinions on that.

A deck is not capable of getting angry or feeling any other emotion. It is an object mass produced at a factory. When we are doing a reading it is not the cards themselves that are answering us. There is something else there of intelligence and wisdom (and I believe deep love and caring) that is answering us THROUGH the cards. It sends us the answers through the tool that is the cards.

Just as we can talk to someone through a telephone and as we listen we hear the answers through the telephone, but it is not really the telephone that is talking to and answering us. Very much like that.

A deck of cards is no more capable of getting angry with us than is a telephone, for the same reason. Opinions differ on what it is that answers, but I personally have never seen it get angry in over a decade as a reader. it was always been pure love, patience and empathy in my experience.

That being said, another potential issue is that the question you asked was a yes/no question, one in which the only answers are yes or no. Yes/no questions do not work for everyone. I know they do not work for me personally and I know of many other readers who don't get accurate answers with them either. It may be that yes/no questions don't work for you as well. How we ask the question and how we phrase it is very important to the answer we get.

My last thought was if the cards did answer you accurately, it is very well possible in my opinion )given your meaning of the card you mentioned) that the cards were saying that the question and the feelings that lead you to ask them were overly negative. That you should not give into that kind of negativity. By concerning yourself about if your deck that has been working for you might suddenly turn against you...well those are some negative thoughts. And they might lead you to feel some self-pity as you were enjoying the deck and bang in might have turned against you. And of course you do not want that to happen.

So given all that, I would say the answer to when you asked if the deck would be mad at you, with that card, would be for YOU to stop feeling sorry for yourself and to stop holding negative thoughts about your deck, because they are not justified. I would see it as advice for you on the validity of what you are feeling that lead you to ask the question. They could have been telling you not to have a pity-party or give in to negative thoughts like that. For YOU to stop dwelling on the negative with a deck that has been so good to you so far. :grin:

Those are my opinions, for whatever they are worth. :grin: