Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

Flames

I went through every page....perhaps I need a white stick but I couldn't find anywhere tabling who's doing which card or how to apply to do one if one wanted to.

Have I just missed something?

Hi Rhapsodin, You'll find the link to that list on the first post of this thread. :)

Flames

i just got fantastic idea!:)))
MOST IMPORTAN IS TO DECIDE WILL THIS BE ARTISTIC DEC OR WORKING?:))
personaly im more inclined to artdeck becouse that will mean we dont need to decide on more stuff! and instead evrione can draw/name card hoeverlike it!:))
and thats what i think evrione wish to do!:) totaly personalized artistic card no rules! (exept templatesize)
and we need to decide on deck name?:))
that way we can call it "my dream card-read me if you can deck"!:))
(uniform names titles numbering borders etc not important becouse evry artis explaine it in pdf!:)))

p.s gregory sugestion best we get so far!:)))

Hi Reall,
Let's aim at putting the questions together so we can get this project started. I'm confused about an 'artistic' versus 'working' deck. In any case, I agree with gregory. This would be the 5th Aeclectic Collaborative Deck. I think we need to focus on bringing the questions together for the poll. Is that alright? :) Otherwise, it's just too confusing and overwhelming. :(

reall

@flames ok!:))) fine by me!:)

@gregory we are not on the same page!:))
more "artistic" mean no need for pools because evrione can name card design add title and num as wish without consideration of others so its posible to have idk eight of cups, 7chalices ans some unnamed unnumbered cards?:))
it would be harder to work with but more divesity and originality?:)
btw good example for working deck is colab deck you linked looks good!:)))

tarotbear

Semantics ....

We are going to get into a lot of semantics for semantics' sake here; defining an adjective for the deck is NOT as important as the images for the deck! })

IMHO (ignoring what I just wrote in the previous sentence!) - a working deck means just that - no matter how diverse (notice - I did not say 'weird') the deck becomes everyone who obtains a copy will be able to pick it up and use it for a reading if they choose. There may be a little stretching of one's imaginations, but underneath it all it is still a Tarot deck at heart. :)

An artistic deck IMHO means it has a lot of super cool to obtuse (notice - I did not say 'weird') art - but the art is there for art's sake and the deck may be entirely unusable but still be a great collectable! The images may have nothing to do with any known Tarot meaning on this planet but shows the artistic and imaginative abilities of the artist that drew it. :smoker:

Laura Borealis

I'm okay with letting annabel, or annabel and the team leaders, decide all the template parameters and how the titles and numbers will be done. No need for a poll as far as I'm concerned.

Gulliver

I'm working on the poll...It takes a bit time.

Could a moderator (Alta?) please set the poll after finishing up?

Marirowana

I'm okay with letting annabel, or annabel and the team leaders, decide all the template parameters and how the titles and numbers will be done. No need for a poll as far as I'm concerned.

I agree, it doesn't really matter in the end, as long as we all do the same and there is SOMETHING definitive :bugeyed: Let's see what most people like and decide on that soon.

@Gulliver let me know if you need a hand now

Flames

I agree, it doesn't really matter in the end, as long as we all do the same and there is SOMETHING definitive :bugeyed: Let's see what most people like and decide on that soon.

I agree with this, too. I believe there is enough information in this thread to come to a decision as to how to proceed. However, I feel that a poll might still be necessary...Maybe.

reall

We are going to get into a lot of semantics for semantics' sake here; defining an adjective for the deck is NOT as important as the images for the deck! })

IMHO (ignoring what I just wrote in the previous sentence!) - a working deck means just that - no matter how diverse (notice - I did not say 'weird') the deck becomes everyone who obtains a copy will be able to pick it up and use it for a reading if they choose. There may be a little stretching of one's imaginations, but underneath it all it is still a Tarot deck at heart. :)

An artistic deck IMHO means it has a lot of super cool to obtuse (notice - I did not say 'weird') art - but the art is there for art's sake and the deck may be entirely unusable but still be a great collectable! The images may have nothing to do with any known Tarot meaning on this planet but shows the artistic and imaginative abilities of the artist that drew it. :smoker:

THANK YOU! THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT! ;D

and that's most important thing to vote!

will it be uniformed /then we all need to vote more/agree on borders titles names num etc or not?;)))

or *artistic* no need for anything above!XD ;)))))
(everyone get the chance to design all cards element by wish+ more diversity!:))))

Gulliver

The question is: poll or not poll? I've got a message from annabel398, that the most of you would prefer a decision. So (the poll would be ready in some minutes), if you agree (not to do a poll), so I would say annabel398 will decide and will here declare the technical details (we will take over these technical details in a new thread, which will also being for showing the finished images.

Technical details:

A card size

B borders (yes/no)

C numbering of the majors (yes/no)

D titles and potential numbers of the majors added by the artists or by annabel398

E titles on the top or at the bottom

F Do we want to print the deck (yes/no)