The Fifth AT Deck in Progress

frejasphere

I am enjoying working on the 10 of Swords (enjoy may not be the best word, but it is the closest I could think of); despite the roller-coaster ride, this is one card I really wanted to explore further ...

I wrote a post on my blog (which I'll link to below), about the way creative expression has a way of mimicking life (or is it the other way around?)...

After finishing the pen and ink drawing, I have only just begun the painting... so there is a long way to go :) though I thought this might give some idea of where she is heading:

http://www.ninelivestarot.com.au/bl..._AT-collaborate-deck_annette-abolins_wip2.jpg

I want the emotion, the pain and the helplessness to show… I also want to show the wisdom of her two guides, the Raven and the Cat; as their knowledge is also hers. They know, and soon she will too, that as the sun rises – her sense of defeat will transform to acceptance and understanding...

If you want to read the ramble - follow link below :)

http://www.ninelivestarot.com.au/blog/feeling-the-10-of-swords/

Flames

Frejasphere, I very much enjoyed reading your exploration of the card. I'll never see the Ten of Swords in the same way, again! Did I tell you that already?? :) I have a new appreciation for it. There is so much hope despite what's happened, despite the heaviness in one's mind and heart. Yes, like feeling "pinned down" by challenges...<sigh>...and yet, there's a sense of awareness of having been there before as well as a "silent knowing" that with a shift in attitude or perception, things will look up again...and they do. :)

"The Cat is patiently waiting for colour..." How beautiful is that? That one line made me melt. :) I love how the raven stares at her, almost as if to say, "I hear you. I hear you. I'm still here." Yes, the cat and raven are waiting, patiently, for her to catch up to what they already know...Thank you for sharing your work and creativity. It is truly inspiring.

:heart:

frejasphere

Thank you so much Flames [emoji813] your lovely feedback has me toddling off to sleep with a smile :)

reall

@frejasphere luv your card design!^^(it reminds me i need to finish mine! facepalm)
and text is fantastic!^^(btw i was not in top50 on DA contest!^^ I kind of expect it so no surprise for me there!^^ but I subscribed on your blog and now i expect to win your Nine Lives Tarot! lolz ;)))) good luck to us all in our projects and expectations!^^ lolz ;))))))))

frejasphere

Thank you so much @reall - your comments and feedback warm so much, and I absolutely wish you luck in the subscriber raffle (thank you for subscribing :)), and all your creative ventures :) ... I'd love to see your DA entry if you're happy to share :heart:

I'm glad you like the text... I usually don't come up with words until the artwork is done.. so this was just me thinking aloud on what I want the card to say, I wasn't thinking LWB, though I am happy if some of the words made sense <bows> thank you :)

@Flames now that I have slept, I've had a chance to read your lovely reply again. It really feels like you not only 'get' what I mean, but you describe it in words so much better than what I do - I think you and Cat have something in common <bows again> thank you :heart:

reall

@frejasphere check your pm!;)))

btw im interested to know more about deck production process? do you have blog about that?;)))

frejasphere

@frejasphere check your pm!;)))

btw im interested to know more about deck production process? do you have blog about that?;)))

Sorry for the delay... answered PM and got lost somewhere else :rolleyes:

There are some really good threads here on AT offering advice on both creating and publishing decks... Every journey is different and I think the advice depends a little on what you want to do (self-publish, Print On Demand (like The Game Crafters and similar), or if you have other ideas in mind such as digital only).

As for creating a deck - I'd say dive in and enjoy the journey :) :) - IF you want to get it printed down the track, it is really a good idea to know the printed size before you start ;)

I wrote a post a while back on my blog, where I summed up part of my process with Nine Lives Tarot: http://www.ninelivestarot.com.au/blog/nine-months-nine-lives-tarot/
(mods, please tell me if I shouldn't link to non-collaborative-deck-related posts here - and sorry in advance :angel: ...)

reall

tnx4link!^^ I like how you summarize it!^^(I can tel already my fav part of the *production process* will be party!^^ lolz what a fantastic idea!^^ ;))))))and pouch are so cute!^^

I checked AT and those threads were so much helpful!^^ that's why I love this forum!^^ so many tarot readers and published artists share their experiences!^^

like you said it already, each option have its + and -
it would be great if I get published by some *famous house!^^ ;)))) and I would like to do that eventually one day for some high quality art deck I couldn't offer on my own resources?! (btw like vivid colors and shiny look of your cards so if you know *tech details I should ask from print company p.m me!^^;)))

but first I would like to try something different and do simple BnW deck and try to offer it online so everyone can use it in e version or print? but I would like to offer physical copy as well, with pdf book for download, and for that I already checked gamecrafter/dont like their user interface and all black pages cant see a thing!;/// and like Printersudio! they have excellent user interface and prices!^^I already ordered few test cards!^^ cant wait it to arrive!^^ so well see how it goes!^^ ;)))

frejasphere

tnx4link!^^ I like how you summarize it!^^(I can tel already my fav part of the *production process* will be party!^^ lolz what a fantastic idea!^^ ;))))))and pouch are so cute!^^

I checked AT and those threads were so much helpful!^^ that's why I love this forum!^^ so many tarot readers and published artists share their experiences!^^

like you said it already, each option have its + and -
it would be great if I get published by some *famous house!^^ ;)))) and I would like to do that eventually one day for some high quality art deck I couldn't offer on my own resources?! (btw like vivid colors and shiny look of your cards so if you know *tech details I should ask from print company p.m me!^^;)))

but first I would like to try something different and do simple BnW deck and try to offer it online so everyone can use it in e version or print? but I would like to offer physical copy as well, with pdf book for download, and for that I already checked gamecrafter/dont like their user interface and all black pages cant see a thing!;/// and like Printersudio! they have excellent user interface and prices!^^I already ordered few test cards!^^ cant wait it to arrive!^^ so well see how it goes!^^ ;)))

Oh I love that :) Plan the party before all else!! :party: :party:
I also think your idea to work on a deck that you can offer as an e version is really good... and it gives you room to move to print if you want to down the track (though by then you may have the big printing houses knocking on your door wanting to publish your deck :) )

reall

yep!^^ party is one thing i don't need to think twice!^^ lolz ;))))

lolz its hard to imagine big printing houses asking amateur for deck!^^ lolz but hey!^^ nothings impossible? lolz ;)))

btw did you see new contest on DA?? http://madizzlee.deviantart.com/journal/Give-the-Gift-of-Art-Challenge-493795269 Im all fired up and ready to enter!^^ this time im well *prepared and will give it a shot with a luck card!^^ lolz facepalm