The Fifth AT Deck in Progress

Flames

Hello Lotus Padma! :heart:

What a beautiful piece...<sigh>...and so very nostalgic. It brings to mind that, as a child, we had less history or less "behind us" and in front of us, there seemed to be an unfathomable expanse or horizon. I enjoyed playing with the pails, collecting the sand and dumping it out, free of the constraints of utility...pure activity for its own sake. I admired the bright colours of the pails without having to tell myself to stop to admire them (ie: stop and smell the roses). At the same time, to me, the image speaks of moving forward and reconciling experience with a loss of innocence. I also love the look of the water. I find it soothing. Great card title and theme! Thanks for sharing, LP! :)

Padma

Flames, thanks so much :heart: and I am glad to hear you got the references in regard to nostalgia etc! It makes me think the card image, as I portrayed it, will be of assistance to those people using the deck. Namaste! :heart:

reall

Finally got my butt unstuck and painted my 5 of Cups - only, it is 5 of Pails ;) lol!

The whole point of it is how we expend so much energy building things, or pour so much energy into things, that are not meant to last. It is also a nostalgic pull towards the past and childhood. The 5 of Cups is very much backwards looking...we never think of what to build next, even though we have full pails of sand, because we are busy looking at what we have done so far. Time to move forward! The tide certainly shall, and all ephemera will go with that tide.

I kept the style loose and painterly, and a bit washed out, suits the seaside theme.

Hope y'all like it :)

like it!^^ looks like real painting!^^ lolz ;)))

Alta

New: February 6th, 2015

Please Note

We're very excited to welcome REALL as our new Technical person!

All contributors should PM Reall via A.T. FORUM with the dropbox link to their card design and LWB. Or, if you don't have a dropbox account, you can send the images directly to Reall's email address astrokartes@gmail.com so she can add it to the shared folder.

Here is the link to the new shared folder in dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sz0c5nupj07qdsg/AAC0Y8QGJWpmGt2vuBJf_vrua?dl=0

If you prefer that your artwork is not shared, please notify Reall.

At the moment Flames and reall will be the main contact persons for the deck.

frejasphere

It's been too long - sorry *blush* I do this - get started on lots of projects and find myself running out of time ... In the back of my head I have March as a deadline ... I also had the idea that I may have time for more than one, but at this stage I'll work on finishing my first one before thinking that idea through ;)
The last 2 months life has been turned on its head by our little kitten, who since arriving is prince of the house and runs the show in every delightful way :love: so, with an added cat model I now have ample opportunity to finish the work :)

Great updates - and I believe congratulations are in order to reall for taking on the role of technical person *hat off* :) I'm sure this will be a most exciting deck once complete.

@truelighth - I like how you have created your image like a negative - truly a way to see things from a different perspective :)

@GlitterNova - interesting use of Turner - the stone walls work well with the 4 of Pentacles (or did you call them coins?) and I like the 'photo finish running sequence' in the 8 of Wands too :)

@reall - Great 8 of coins - I love your take on the 'busy bee' creating and working away in the hive :)

@gregory - I do like your flying seagull :) I think I agree with reall that it would have a more 'future' journey if flying the other way, it is a lovely photo though :)

@Padma - lovely 5 of cups (or pails) :) Both the painting and the glorious feel of summer childhood!

reall

@frejasphere no need to thank me!^^ im happy to paricipate in my first tarot creation project!^^ lolz happy we get you back and hope to see your card in album soon!^^;)))

Flames

Hi frejasphere,
It's so nice to hear from you. I was thinking about you this morning!! Hahahah :heart: Thank you for being so kind. Yes, March 15 is the deadline...lots of changes on this front, too, and like reall, I am very excited to still be a part of this great project!! Onwards and upwards!

starlightexp

Finally back in the game and will be done in the next day or so

Flames

Woo Hoo, starlightexp! :) Hope you've been well. Look forward to seeing your Fool.

Amsonia

I'm all uploaded on the dropbox thanks to Reall

Here is my thumbnail of ace of wands for those of you who maybe didn't see it yet.

Attachments

• ace of wands low res.jpg
    ace of wands low res.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 66