9 of Pentacles - Universal Fantasy Study Group.

Pam O

9 of Pentacles - Universal Fantasy

I am so fascinated with the iridescent colors of these cards.

I see most of the cards for the Universal Fantasy have been posted for this deck's Study Group. Here is one of the missing cards that needs a thread. :)

This is a very different 9 of pentacles! It is very watery for an earth card! So, there she is, a mermaid of sorts? Why is she sitting on a rock? Is*she enjoying her garden, or is she distracted and fantasizing about something over there, either real or imagined? Does she wish she was not a mermaid? Does she wish she could walk over there and check something that is just out of our view? Is she wishing she was somewhere else, over there where she is gazing out of the card?
OR
Is she looking around at proud of all she has attained? Is she appreciating the finer aspects of life, family and security? Maybe her home is over where she is gazing, along with the gaze of the peacock?

We see that the peacock has its gorgeous tail feathers up. Peacocks put them up when they are proudly showing off their finery in order to attract a female to mate with.

The "goose that laid the golden egg" comes to mind as I ponder this card with the golden swans. Are the swans alive? Are they pond ornaments? What would be the benefit of "golden swans" in this scene? as I ponder these "swans" more, I notice they seem to have peacock heads. They are not peacocks because they don't have peacock tails. And all of a sudden I notice her hair. It reminds me of the peacock head in it's shape!

Things seem to be not as they seem in this card.
Does she really have a mermaid tail, or is that a creature laying with her on the rock, positioned in such a way that the creature is hiding her legs somehow? It almost looks like a dragon's head, covering her feet. But wait, now I almost see the image of an upside-down peacock's head there in the area below where her feet would be.

So, is this her garden, complete with a large pond that takes up most of the foreground space?

ETA: Here is the scan.

Attachments

• Universal Fantasy 9 of Pentacles.jpg
    Universal Fantasy 9 of Pentacles.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 130