The Quest Tarot - Ten of Swords

Moonbow

Ruin........

Such a magnificent card.... The person is asleep..... but..... they are cracked, like a jigsaw puzzle. There are fives knives above the sleeping figure and five already imbedded - but the clever imagery shows the background of the card in the knives - hard to explain but very clever. The 'person is in ruin - crumpled and disintegrated - but still asleep, peaceful. The sunset means that there is hope and a better time in future but first you must overcome this 'ruin'.

Moonbow*

prk001

This card shows a person divided within himself due to his inner conflicts. The swords on the top & bottom represent his past problems & future concerns which are causing him to get into the place of inner conflict.

He looks like he has surrendered to the conflicts & does not have the resolve to get over his inner conlicts.

But, there is still hope but it is at the horizon. To realize the hopes and to reach the horizon, he has to cross the barren terrain upon which he stands & the sea after that.

Phoenix Rising

I did write a thread about the 10 of swords. When I drew this card for my daily reading, i thought "Oh what's this about" Well nothing eventuated that day, only later on that evening, I went to the movies and saw "The last Samurai" Japanese sword fighters. And the movie represented that card very well.

prk001

Hi Phoenix Rising
Can you give us the link to your thread, if you still have it. That may help us understand more about the card.
If you don't have the link, can you tell us a little more about how the card represented the movie?

Thanks,
RK

Phoenix Rising

I can't remember the link. But in the Movie, Tom Cruise was troubled by guilt. Of killing innocent woman and children because of an order. He wasn't afraid to die, because he thought that he would escape his demons, so he would take to the bottle.
Then he came upon the Samurai who took him prisoner, however they let him walk around freely, and he was hosted by the family of the Man he had killed.
But with all his demons, he was able to overcome it through love and honour.
Also with all the brilliant sword fighting and fighters. Ten being the most swords you could get in a deck.
So it represented the demons in his mind, but overcoming them.

prk001

Hi Phoenix Raising,
That movie was a good explanantion for the 10 of swords.
I never saw a way to get out of the effects of the card before.
Thanks for showing a different perspective of the card for all of us.

SilentBreeze

The person is pinned down by the 5 swords and can't escape the other 5 that are comming toward him. The suns rays are in spirals and therre are large spiders comming out from the background. There is a blue buterfly on the bottom of thr card. The person had brought this upon themselves and represented by the 5 swords stabbed in the person and also outside events the 5 swords above the person. I also think that movie represents this card well.