Marseilles Study - Brainstorming

Rusty Neon

Let's do the Tarot de Marseille, instead of debating about it. What things would you like to cover in our informal study group? I'm looking for suggestions for fun and relaxing threads. I'm not keen on strict ordered study, but we can certainly do that too.

lunakasha

Hi Rusty!

I think for starters, I would like to have a discussion about reading and interpreting the pips...just an exchange of ideas and information with no "right" or "wrong" answers.
Since I have no experience with unillustrated Minors/pips, this would be very helpful for me...to share ideas with both experienced Marseille readers and newbies like me....

Thanks!
:) Luna

Centaur

lunakasha said:
I think for starters, I would like to have a discussion about reading and interpreting the pips...just an exchange of ideas and information with no "right" or "wrong" answers.

I agree with Luna. I think a free exploration of the cards from an individual perspective would be very interesting and beneficial as a starting point: the sharing and discussion of what each 'person' sees in the cards.

Obviously, this is going to be a subjective exploration, and therefore not of the 'right' or 'wrong' kind. For instance if someone wants to post about using RW meanings in conjunction with their Marseille then so be it.

C

Myrrha

Centaur said:
I agree with Luna. I think a free exploration of the cards from an individual perspective would be very interesting and beneficial as a starting point: the sharing and discussion of what each 'person' sees in the cards.

Obviously, this is going to be a subjective exploration, and therefore not of the 'right' or 'wrong' kind. For instance if someone wants to post about using RW meanings in conjunction with their Marseille then so be it.

C

That sounds like a wonderful study group! I'm sure different people will see different things in the pips, it'll be interesting.

--Myrrha

HOLMES

the only thing that will help me to understand the fascination with the marsielles is

an english transaltion of one of the master books in france that speaks of the rich tradition (but has to include symbology such as the magican hat is a eternal eight that i didn't notice til i seen it two days in the christian mediations on the tarot ).

perhaps a french speaking person could not translate for that would be plagism, but summ up, explain, and add to it with their modern views.

it wouldn't be a study group per se, but liken to what i am doing with the jungian tarot hand book for the jungian tarot.

for we would get an actual book that us english speaking people like myself can't get for we do not know the language or no translationg exists.

it would require a lot of work and doesnt' any here actually speak french, have such a french book on the marsielles and can translate it ?