The Gendron Tarot: 7 of wands

miss_apples

Another one of the cards in this deck I find most intruiging.

This card symbolized indecision, spiritual journey, and I see it as a card of someone who is contemplating marriage. I get this because the 6 wands before the woman are in a way that they form 3 pathways that lead to a cathedral. I see the cathedral representing ones spiritual and/or religious beliefs.

What other aspects have you seen this card representing?

contrascarpe

I see this card as corresponding to "obstruction". There is no clear path to the cathedral. The wands prevent entry and the cathedral itself is surrounded by a dense forest. This obstruction could be external but it could also be internal as well. The woman has a smile on her face (or a smirk actually) which indicates that she is OK with this obstruction either because she doesn't care or (and I sense this to be stronger) she knows she has the ability to get past the obstruction if she wants to - the wand in her hand seems magic.

Question is, which side of the barrier will she ultimately choose?

Dan

miss_apples

See...I dont see the wands as preventing her from getting to the cathedral. I see them as archways/doorways welcoming her to enter.

cjtarot

what I see is

Hi,

I see you being shown spirituality or your goal (at a quick glance this looks like a castle). From the stance of the Priestess it is as if she is showing you a vision, what lies beyond the wands. This card tells you that as it stands now you have no way of getting there. The path is just not available.

The key here is to look for advice in the other cards. Something missing or that needs to be worked on that will create a path a "way".

The fact that it's a winter scene leads me to think that this is a cold deep problem. One that didn't "Just" happen, but one you have had for a while.

Just my thoughts,

Cj

starsongs

I've enjoyed your interpretations, miss apples and dan.

I see the card as both of you describe it. The wands being both a barrier and an archway. The woman looks a bit confused to me.

She seems to be confronting something unfamilar. When I first ever looked at this card, the wands looked like snakes. That made me think there was wisdom to be gained through conquering obstacles, and turning them into steppingstones.

The seventh wand is in her hand...she has the power

I now see cjtarots post...It wasn't here before :D

Really enjoyed your thoughts! Yes, a path way

starsongs

miss_apples

Starsongs mentions the wand in the womans hand. That wand can be used to help her break through all the brush to help her get to the cathedral ;)

contrascarpe

By the way, miss_apples - thanks for starting some dialogue on this deck. I still have a love/hate relationship with this deck, but the more I work with it, the more I like it. Keep it going!

Dan

starsongs

contrascarpe96 said:
By the way, miss_apples - thanks for starting some dialogue on this deck. Keep it going!
Dan

I second this! Hope to participate lots more!

:)

Starsongs