TOADies Anonymous.

Michellehihi

I need help! I'm an oracle purchaser. I must be stopped.

And today...I saw a post about MY holy grail....Diary of a Broken Soul....I CANNOT. I just can't. No $. Divorce would follow. Children would starve in the streets. Total chaos. Ok...so maybe not THAT bad.lol But definitely,not something I can do....unless someone wants to buy my kidney or ovary or something....My covet level for this deck is so high. Ouch it hurts!

My name is Arwen. I am a TOOADIE. Please send help!

EmpressArwen, I understand you perfectly. It's this deck (whatever deck it may be) that you are absolutely obsessed with, you think about it all the time. You ignore your other decks. You think this deck will make you understand life at last. Will reveal you the secrets of the universe and your higher purpose.
But this is not the case. When you feel like that, I suggest you to go away from your computer for some days. Take long walks, play with your kids, do some drawing, cook delicious food. You will find your interest to vanish after some time.
We have to remember that card decks are products. They cannot and will not give meaning to your life. And you can definitely meet your spiritual needs with the decks you already have.
I am like you. Passionnate. When I want something, the feeling is so strong it hurts.
One day, a friend told me, as I was in extasy in front of a very beautiful painting: Michelle, beauty cannot be possessed. Isn't this so true?

EmpressArwen

EmpressArwen, I understand you perfectly. It's this deck (whatever deck it may be) that you are absolutely obsessed with, you think about it all the time. You ignore your other decks. You think this deck will make you understand life at last. Will reveal you the secrets of the universe and your higher purpose.
But this is not the case. When you feel like that, I suggest you to go away from your computer for some days. Take long walks, play with your kids, do some drawing, cook delicious food. You will find your interest to vanish after some time.
We have to remember that card decks are products. They cannot and will not give meaning to your life. And you can definitely meet your spiritual needs with the decks you already have.
I am like you. Passionnate. When I want something, the feeling is so strong it hurts.
One day, a friend told me, as I was in extasy in front of a very beautiful painting: Michelle, beauty cannot be possessed. Isn't this so true?

Very true. I never want to fall into the teap of thinking "something" will make me happy...happiness is found within.

Thanks!

Obsydian

The Wild Unknown going mass market? Last stock?

Yeah, expensive but I couldn't resist. It wasn't enough that the most I ever spent on a deck was the Animal Spirit deck. This came pretty close.

I need to stop. HELP.

It'll be close to impossible, but I'm determined to not buy any new decks for myself for the rest of the year. Only those that are gifted, abandoned, or won will come to me.

Nemia

I knew that once I buy one deck, the dams break. So I bought the mini Orbifold. And then I saw some offers here on the trading boards. Gamecrafter decks or Robert Place decks are from my place on the map (Israel) impossible to buy - shipping is more expensive than the deck. So when I see here such decks offered with sensible shipping prices, I just CANNOT resist. I don't have money, but I bought some decks lately.

Stretch - a wonderful deck for a great price. I always feel good when I buy directly from the artist.

And some decks from the trading boards - two playing card decks (Jeu des Modes and Goethe transformation), Maria Celia, Alchemical Renewed and Universal Fantasy.

I also bought the book for the Tarot of the Sephiroth (I'm not sure I want the cards but the book looks like interesting reading) and for the New Vision tarot (I use this deck a lot and want the book).

What's WRONG with me?????????

Oh dear TOADIES, bring me back to the straight road of deck buying abstinence!

I think I won't renew my subscription for a while only in order to avoid the trading boards....

:-(((((((

Scarlet Woodland

Bought a newly released oracle deck last night but it's my first purchase for a month and was only £10 shipped so I'm happy with that :)

I have of course replaced my tarot overspending with perfume overspending so don't exactly have a halo right now :D

Tanga

RESIST my brothers and sisters... RESIST!!!!
There is still hope!

It's August - and this year I have bought...
2 decks.
And that will be that for this year (things are lined up on my Yule/Xmas request list - Lol - for other people to put under the starry tree for me.)

:)

I've somehow knocked the insanity on the head - a bit.

I just studiously avoid the Tarot decks section and don't look too closely at stuff.
If something really sings to me - I put it on the back burner for a couple of months and see
if I still want it later - and unless it's on my wanted OOP list (or likely to be soon), I won't buy it if I think I'm unlikely to read with it. (excepting the theme being strikingly unusual/novel).

DDwarks

I haven't bought anything since the Tabula Mundi! That's what 3 weeks?
Doesn't sound like much but still, I'm very proud of myself :)

Nemia

All of you are amazing. I can only look at you and admire you. I was abstinent for months but right now... I'm embarrassed to say... I'm tempted.

The decks I mentioned above didn't arrive here yet, my mail usually takes 4 to 6 weeks, and I'm always a bit tense when I know I have things "on the road". No, the Maria Celia is here and it's a BEAUTY.

I went to Tel Aviv to meet Falcor and Zephyros and there I bought a deck and swapped another.

And I'm about to order German playing cards - fortunately, they're really cheap, so maybe I can afford one leeeettle deck for 5 EU...?

Falcor

All of you are amazing. I can only look at you and admire you. I was abstinent for months but right now... I'm embarrassed to say... I'm tempted.

The decks I mentioned above didn't arrive here yet, my mail usually takes 4 to 6 weeks, and I'm always a bit tense when I know I have things "on the road". No, the Maria Celia is here and it's a BEAUTY.

I went to Tel Aviv to meet Falcor and Zephyros and there I bought a deck and swapped another.

And I'm about to order German playing cards - fortunately, they're really cheap, so maybe I can afford one leeeettle deck for 5 EU...?

I thought we agreed you'll be a good girl. Wait a bit longer, ok? =]

JylliM

I did a trade for Maria Celia a few months back and I agree, it's gorgeous.

Don't worry about whatever you did in Tel Aviv. What happens in Tel Aviv stays in Tel Aviv ;) Seriously, it's a special occasion when you travel to meet up with AT folks!

And if you're talking about the Jost Amman playing cards, don't worry about it. They're playing cards for one (so don't count towards Tarot Over Acquisition), and for two - they're cool.

Now to focus on my own sins. I've bought I don't know how many decks this year. Way more than necessary but always with a 'good reason'. But now I have to stop. I ordered the Flornoy Noblet TdM this morning in order to participate in the Cards and Magic course with Camelia Elias. I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE TAROT DECKS! I don't even WANT any more tarot decks. Yeah, right...No more this year. My last parcel should be the Colores Arcus. Then I WILL be waiting until next year.