Voyager - 3 Wands - Compassion

mooncat2

I am the healing spirit of the Empress - I am Compassion

Compassion - 'a deep awareness and understanding of the needs of others and the desire to relieve their suffering.'

The pink roses remind me that compassion comes from a loving heart, but that it isn't enough just to be aware, to understand and have a desire to help.

Compassion must become the motivator for me to take action and do something - to reach out my hands and offer to help, to nurture, to heal. To reach out to others with the loving hands of the Empress and do what is possible within my world.

When I let the light of my individuality - Sun - shine , I grow. When I make the life of someone else a little bit brighter, I grow. When I care for the animals, water the plants, run errands for a neighbour the spirit of the Empress works with me.

The birds, the Spirit messengers, remind me to follow the directions of my heart and not let fear hold me back. Which it does - what if my overtures are rejected, what if I'm not wanted, what if that which I have to offer is not thought good enough? Thoughts that come from an inaccurate perception of myself.

The butterfly reminds me that I have the power to transform my life by extending a little love and compassion to myself , understanding and overcoming such negativity.

My thoughts....Look forward to yours

lunakasha

Here are my thoughts:

(without having read Mooncat's post yet, to avoid being influenced...)

Compassion is such a warm and wonderful emotion....the idea of sharing love with others, reaching out to them with our hearts. The hand in the center is a clear representation of that for me...reaching out to others, offering assistance, touching a person either physically or emotionally. There are many hands shown here...the large one in the center looks to me like it is floating, weightless...it could suggest gentle, slow movement. Maybe movement toward another hand?

The rose symbolizes perfect, unconditional love...which goes hand-in-hand (bad pun) with a compassionate nature...or an act of compassion toward someone. The birds taking flight caught my attention immediately...I am thinking about the idea that one act of love and compassion toward a person may act as a catalyst, may even set off a chain reaction from one person to another to another....like the sequential movement of the birds here. It becomes infectious and alive...with no end in sight.

:) Luna (now running to read mooncat's post! :D)

lunakasha

mooncat2 said:
The birds, the Spirit messengers, remind me to follow the directions of my heart and not let fear hold me back. Which it does - what if my overtures are rejected, what if I'm not wanted, what if that which I have to offer is not thought good enough? Thoughts that come from an inaccurate perception of myself.

The butterfly reminds me that I have the power to transform my life by extending a little love and compassion to myself , understanding and overcoming such negativity.

I enjoyed your post very much mooncat....very poetic! :)

I agree that birds are Spirit messengers....and found it VERY interesting that you mentioned fear of rejection and inaccurate perceptions of yourself holding you back. That message of self-doubt and fear is something I can relate to...and then the butterfly offering hope of transformation. Beautiful!

:) Luna

mooncat2

Hi Luna,

Thankyou - hey! - no ones ever called me poetic before!

I loved yours, too , especially the piece about the birds and chain reaction. Such a beautiful card and I think its a very good idea not to read the other posts first. I did with the Seer and felt there wasn't much left to say.

lunakasha

mooncat2 said:
Hi Luna,

Thankyou - hey! - no ones ever called me poetic before!

I loved yours, too , especially the piece about the birds and chain reaction. Such a beautiful card and I think its a very good idea not to read the other posts first. I did with the Seer and felt there wasn't much left to say.

Thanks!!! :D

It is very difficult to come up with something fresh after reading other people's posts...no matter how hard you try not to be repetitive, it is tough, because what you've just read lingers for awhile....

I find it interesting to go back afterward and read the posts, because you will often find similar themes shared by others--like our comments on the birds. Similar...but not identical! :p

BTW...did you think the birds in this card looked like ravens???
It is hard to tell but...I was thinking ravens....

mooncat2

BTW...did you think the birds in this card looked like ravens???
It is hard to tell but...I was thinking ravens....
I'm quite sure they must be!! I'm surrounded by ravens at the moment ! Tarot wise , that is. We don't have ravens here so I've never actually seen a live one.

lunakasha

mooncat2 said:
I'm quite sure they must be!! I'm surrounded by ravens at the moment ! Tarot wise , that is. We don't have ravens here so I've never actually seen a live one.

OMG...that is SO strange for you to say that...because here, where I live, I am literally "surrounded" by ravens!!! Actual ravens...they are very active this time of year.....chattering up a storm!!! :D

Namaste

My initial thoughts on this world of Compassion

I'm sorry it took me so long...

I am looking at the card before I read any of your findings. I agree. It is easier not to be influenced this way. :)

I look forward to reading what you've written and adding my voice to yours.

In my world you will find the hands of caring: the Budha's golden mudra of perfection - the perfection of unconditional love. Understand that it is the illusion of separation that divides us, for we are all spiritual beings going through a physical experience for a while. In this world, my world, you will stop seeing the other as other and see her as your sister. What better way to really understand this truth, than to take your brother's hand. Hands that touch, that make, that feed, that mop up the messes of being human. Parts of us as eloquent as our eyes. If you don't possess the Buddha's touch, touch with the hands you have. Hold, love, let your fingers, with their delicate touch, welcome the smallest of creation: the butterflies.

Unfold the love you have within like the petals of a rose that keep opening and opening, and opening, endlessly it would seem.
Let it fly without bounds, but not without direction. Be like the birds in my world. If you lead the way, others must follow. Kindness needs only an example. It reverberates deeply within us all.

I step into this world of blue skies and distant vistas, its rainbow a promise of the hope that blossoms once compassion has discpelled despair. I take all the hands that are offered. Even the one that is as raw as the heart is when it suffers.

I sit before the setting sun, where the divine dwells, and realize that compassion is the greatest balm. That nothing lasts. That each moment is ephemeral and only lasts if I take inside myself the last rays of the sun's warmth, and then spread the life-giving energy around to others. I am reminded that compassion is the greatest healer. Not pity, but to understand the words of people like Mother Teresa, whom, when asked why she did what she did, answered to the effect that she saw in each person Jesus (who was her divine guide) in His darkest hour of desperate need.

How can I not be moved to hold out my hands for others to take?

:)

Namaste

Invitation to Lunakasha

Lunakasha, :)

How would you like to be the next to step into your favourite Voyager world for us to follow?

lunakasha

Re: Invitation to Lunakasha

Namaste said:
Lunakasha, :)

How would you like to be the next to step into your favourite Voyager world for us to follow?

Thank you Namaste....it would be my pleasure!

I will consult with my Voyager and post the new thread later this evening....would that be OK??? :D