King of Cups - Feelings

Jennalyn

In a spread where the King of Cups shows up in the "What he feels for her" position, what does this mean? I have searched the forum and found that it can either mean:

1) He has feelings for her, but chooses to keep them hidden and locked away.
2) He has a feeling of "deep, passionate love" for her.
3) He controls his emotions for her.

What I would like to know is if this indicates his feelings for her are romantic? If they were just friendly, why would he feel a need to hide them? (This is for someone who told the querant he had feelings for her, only to retract it and say he didn't mean what he said.)

Jdance

this is a tough one sometimes, because we expect him to be loving.. but you know what---- although he's kind, and he's considerate... he's not in love.
He will always be thoughtful and respectful of the other person, but i don't know that there is love. DEFINATELY, Like.. and respect.

he may have taken back his thoughts, because sometimes you can like someone and maybe confuse it with romantic feelings. or maybe you hope or wish you had romantic feeling for the person, but realize that no, it isn't really there.

What ever it is.. its not malicious, its sincere.

dailytarot

Yes, very romantic. Maybe a big crush for her.

But he is reponsible and temperated. Can control his moods and acts to do what he want in the right moment. He will not take a step without know if his feeling will be acepted.

He wants make something of value with his feelings.

A mature man. He doesn't play games.

Thirteen

Yes, very romantic. Maybe a big crush for her.
I agree; I'm not sure, however, about the term "crush' only because it's often used for a little kid who has a "crush" on his teacher. As you point out, this is a mature man. Such a man—especially one who, as you say, really understands what he is feeling, would know this to be heartfelt affection, and not something so light and quickly gotten over as a crush.

All the rest that you said...I think it's spot on. :)

Jennalyn

Thanks for the responses so far - both make lots of sense. I know context is important too and that's why this is tricky (he is someone who has had a "crush" on her for several years now, but then he told her how he felt - only to tell her afterwards that he didn't have any feelings at all). So I can see what Jdance means about him maybe *thinking* he had romantic feelings for her, but coming to the realization that he didn't - or dailytarot's opinion that he won't make another move if his feelings aren't accepted. Both are possibilities.

But I know the King of Cups doesn't play games (he's mature enough not to do that, isn't he?) which is why I thought he might be hiding something - telling her he has feelings for her, only to tell her that he doesn't, when the interest was obvious from the start? Sounds like game-playing to me.

Jennalyn

I agree; I'm not sure, however, about the term "crush' only because it's often used for a little kid who has a "crush" on his teacher. As you point out, this is a mature man. Such a man—especially one who, as you say, really understands what he is feeling, would know this to be heartfelt affection, and not something so light and quickly gotten over as a crush.

All the rest that you said...I think it's spot on. :)

With this in mind, is it safe to assume he's hiding his feelings then, as opposed to him not actually having feelings (as he stated)?

dailytarot

Here in Brazil "crush" is like a soft form of infatuation. A slang with your language. I'll try be more specific.

Well, to tell he dislikes her or just move away from the past feelings other cards are bests. The King has the throne - all the control of his emotions. The card always says he has emotions for her. But he is not moved only for then... He keeps the crown, the rules of society that tells what is apropriated to show and how to do that.

The emotions are there but in a rigid way. If your friend want to shake this man so... She needs make some moves.

The King of Cups is passive and always says "maybes" 'cause he has all potential inside in his vast background of emotions. But you need to drag then off!

She was hard with this man. He has a pack of pain in that case...

angelf1sh

I'd say there is love and appreciation for her, but wouldn't say "passionate" (that would be more of the King of Wands). His feelings run deep and shows it through kindness and tenderness. It's not fiery type of romance but fits the description "love is patient; love is kind".

Jennalyn

Here in Brazil "crush" is like a soft form of infatuation. A slang with your language. I'll try be more specific.

Well, to tell he dislikes her or just move away from the past feelings other cards are bests. The King has the throne - all the control of his emotions. The card always says he has emotions for her. But he is not moved only for then... He keeps the crown, the rules of society that tells what is apropriated to show and how to do that.

The emotions are there but in a rigid way. If your friend want to shake this man so... She needs make some moves.

The King of Cups is passive and always says "maybes" 'cause he has all potential inside in his vast background of emotions. But you need to drag then off!

She was hard with this man. He has a pack of pain in that case...

Thank you for your insight! Could you elaborate further what you mean by the last sentence? Are you saying that he feels hurt by the girl and this is what causes the King of Cups to hide away?

Jennalyn

I'd say there is love and appreciation for her, but wouldn't say "passionate" (that would be more of the King of Wands). His feelings run deep and shows it through kindness and tenderness. It's not fiery type of romance but fits the description "love is patient; love is kind".

Thanks - maybe not fiery romance, but romance still. :)