King & Queen in Reading

SweetSiren

I have the King and Queen of Wands in a reading I did for tonight, and I realized this hasn't happened in a very, very long time for me- a King and Queen of the same suit in the same spread.

This was an incoming love sort of spread. The king fell under "my world"- whatever is going on with me presently. And the Queen fell under the other's "hopes/fears/desires".
Now, because this match showed up, I think it marries these positions.
Obviously, I am not with anyone right now- so the King doesn't exactly personify a person. No one is "my world" at the moment. I am the King right now. I'm enjoying my life and myself and basking in the confidence of lessons I've learned. I'm allowing myself to stroke my ego just a bit and to just feel proud of who I am, as I am. I'm in a good phase of life right now.

The queen, however, is a bit difficult to read. I mean, this is an elusive, mysterious person I'm reading about. Hell, he may not even exist and I'll be alone forever! Who knows lol maybe this person at this time is looking for a significant other. Or maybe they are presently in a relationship with this queen. Yikes.

At any rate, I would like to know if a king and queen, in and of themselves say anything in a reading. As I've said, I feel that the pair marries these positions, and I'm not quite sure how.

PAMUYA

Personally I do not normally "marry" king and queens of the same suit or give them a connection with spreads with positional meanings. With the King in my world would say to me that you are ruling your world through your mind/logic (not the queen who rules through her heart). With the queen under hopes/fears/desires meaning you are ruling those through your heart and intuition. The actual meanings would vary depending on the suit drawn. So lets say if it were the queen of swords your fears maybe being alone (it could mean countless things).

In a reading without positions, depending on their positions in the draw and surrounding cards, I may connect them as a pair. This is all a matter of preference, and reading styles, there are no dead fast rules.

Good question, can't wait to read other replies.

tarotmka

I read it this way:

You are the master of your "Wands" at the moment. The motivation to direct your life, self-confidence, your creative energies.

The type of man who's compatible with you is looking for a woman who's passionate, enthusiastic, self-confident, etc.

Saskia

I have the King and Queen of Wands in a reading... The king fell under "my world"- whatever is going on with me presently. And the Queen fell under the other's "hopes/fears/desires".

...I feel that the pair marries these positions, and I'm not quite sure how.

I think it's meaningful that you got the court cards of the same suit. I read the King of Wands to be someone who's authentic and confident, but also supportive to others to be the same: it's not so much about having your ego stroked, it's about showing authentic, inspiring leadership, carrying others on your shoulders, showing the way, not caring about what other people think about your life and decisions - enjoying it confidently.

The Queen is more inward-focused, someone who feels her(or his) emotions with passion and whose ultimate driver in life is passion - not just sexual, but creative and energetic.

I think you're in a good spot in life right now but you might be a bit lost with experiencing your own creativity and passion (Queen as fears and desires) and you might also worry you won't find a suitable, equal match (Queen for the King, no matter in which order these are).

SweetSiren

I read it this way:

You are the master of your "Wands" at the moment. The motivation to direct your life, self-confidence, your creative energies.

The type of man who's compatible with you is looking for a woman who's passionate, enthusiastic, self-confident, etc.

Master of your wands- that's a great way to see the king. I always just saw him with the words often attached to him (confident, energetic) but describing him as the master of these aspects brings a different feel to the card. Thank you.