Ten of Wands and The Star

KnightScarlet

In a relationship reading, the ten of wands came up as feelings. (How x feels about y.) I pulled the star as a clarifier, but still am not entirely sure what this means. Does it mean that X feels that y is a burden, but they are willing to accept that in the hopes of a brighter future? Or perhaps that x thinks that y is worth any trouble they have to deal with?

Puffette

When i see these 2 cards the first thing that comes in my mind is "for how long havent u been on speaking terms".
But if its not the case then 10 of wands suggests that the person u're asking about is very empoverished and burdened therefore having a relationship at the moment is not his primary thought. Also this might be the type of person that has the habit of lamenting a bit when it comes to mantain the spark within the couple. Problems that are ignored initially, are later taken out of the closet and given as motives for a separation.
Star says that this man might have distant feelings and even hoping for a contact but some time might have passed in between since then.
Also i wonder if its also a physical distance between u two since these two cards speak about someone being away and having their own struggles. I dont see anything romantic but rather coldness and wishful thinking but nothing solid or grounded in terms of actions. And this card could have a direct message for you instead and not about him.
Of course this depends for how long have u known each other, if u're still together or u have just begin dating.
One of u is in the phase of wishful thinking and wastes their energy. A relationship is possible with 10 of wands but its rusty and feels like mount treking. Both cards are having the energy(effort) in common. 10 of wands is about wasting physical energy and the star is about losing your mental power and will because things might seem very distant and unachievable.
This how i see these 2 cards together.

KnightScarlet

When i see these 2 cards the first thing that comes in my mind is "for how long havent u been on speaking terms".
But if its not the case then 10 of wands suggests that the person u're asking about is very empoverished and burdened therefore having a relationship at the moment is not his primary thought. Also this might be the type of person that has the habit of lamenting a bit when it comes to mantain the spark within the couple. Problems that are ignored initially, are later taken out of the closet and given as motives for a separation.
Star says that this man might have distant feelings and even hoping for a contact but some time might have passed in between since then.
Also i wonder if its also a physical distance between u two since these two cards speak about someone being away and having their own struggles. I dont see anything romantic but rather coldness and wishful thinking but nothing solid or grounded in terms of actions. And this card could have a direct message for you instead and not about him.
Of course this depends for how long have u known each other, if u're still together or u have just begin dating.
One of u is in the phase of wishful thinking and wastes their energy. A relationship is possible with 10 of wands but its rusty and feels like mount treking. Both cards are having the energy(effort) in common. 10 of wands is about wasting physical energy and the star is about losing your mental power and will because things might seem very distant and unachievable.
This how i see these 2 cards together.

Okay, that's interesting. The person who I did this reading for mentioned that they have a difficult time with communication. Not so much that they aren't on speaking terms, they just don't know exactly how to go about talking to eachother at this point. They have known eachother for a very long time but the idea of entering a relationship is fairly new to them. There seems to have been a lot of difficulty in the terms of making progress in their relationship, so this does make sense. Thank you very much for your reply.

lightsofblue

lightsofblue

tarot_quest

I agree with lightsofblue that we often jump to fast to the conclusion that X is a burden for Y when getting the 10 of wands. I also think that this card has alternative meanings.

For example, ''feeling like a 10 of wands'' might mean that X is presently in a difficult phase of his life (overwhelmed with work and hence, he feels exhausted to give time to someone else,...)

It could indicate a person who is willing to commit at 110% to a relationship, they take it EXTRA seriously (even too much) and are ready to invest their time and energy.

10 of wands is about having a heavy load on you/working really hard, but how we specifically interpret this card can vary from on spread to another

Puffette

10 of wands does not mean "a burden." That is one of those interpretations that have been circulating off one specific reading and does not apply to the origin of the card itself. If and when it does mean a burden, it is more so a "my burden to bear"; giving one's all, putting everything they have into (your relationship here), or even breaking one's back just to see the fruits of the labor. So a highly positive card to receive in this reading. The clarifier explains for you.

I respect your oppinion but i have a real case applying to this term "burden" as feelings in my life and had it on many ocassions for the readings i do for others. It is burden all over. It is nothing romantic nor positive in this card. What seems light in the bigening might turn into a nightmare later. People that will choose to avoid discussing problems initially but will get those issues from under the bed and will have them as reason of separation later.
This is a card i was getting very often as feelings of my first boyfriend and the fact that we were living together and had to share the bills and him being the man in the house, made him tell me one day that he feels this relationship is a burden for him!! He threw it in my face one morning at the coffee. 10 of wands was a card repeating often when i would shuffle about his feelings and at that time i was fooling myself that it is a positive card till the day it hit me like a train. My initial interpretation when seeying this card was to believe that he's willing to go over the moon for me, but no..
Everytime i get this card for someone in a reading i know for sure that one of the partners feels exausted in that relationship or has to do more then the other in terms of actions. It also relates to jobs and being busy but again the person in cause cannot think about romance since love becomes one more wand added to the load. The romance is gone when 10 of wands shows up unfortunately. Nothing in this world can convince me this is a positive card because i have it now as my present time card and im struggling so much and i also work and have problems in my daily life. I feel exactly like the guy in the picture holding all those wands.
Hope one day i will experience this card in a positive way..

cSpaceDiva

Pressure is building up on x, some kind of tension mounting in the relationship. It could be from a misunderstanding, a secret, something that is not being dealt with so it becomes more and more unbearable. (10 of Wands) What x really wants is to get this out in the open, shine a light on it and clear the air. (Star) Considering the communication issues, it seems x has something he needs to get off his chest.

Grizabella

Awhile back, someone here posted an interesting take on the 10 of Wands that I hadn't thought of before. They said that the guy in the 10 of Wands is using bad body mechanics. If you were to carry a big bundle of sticks like he's got using the body mechanics he's using, you'd be very exhausted and might even actually hurt yourself. He's got the sticks in front of him and he's bending forward while carrying them. If he were to lean back just a little so that he could walk upright, the sticks would be much easier to carry and wouldn't strain his back so much.

In the case of a relationship, I'd say that this person is carrying too much of the burden in the relationship and that his partner should take on some of the work to help out. Also, that if he were to change his posture, he'd be able to carry the load with much less strain.

The Star is a very encouraging card. It seems to be really far away, cold, and untouchable, but it's bright and sparkling so there really is hope that things can change. I'd say that this person shouldn't get too discouraged because what he's doing is workable, he just has to use his head and do things differently.

PAMUYA

His feelings 10 of Wands, tens for me is the ending of a phase or the over exaggeration of the suit. Wands are fire, excitement, energy, movement. Overburdened, taking it all on themselves, carrying a heavy burden, pushing to the finish or end, all comes from this. The energy of the wands is coming to an end. (This is how I personally read this card) The Star to clarify is what they are carrying. Hopes, renewal, a fresh start, and peace.

Perhaps this person is feeling it is all up to them, having to carry it all. This person is wearing down, energy being drained. Carrying someone's hopes and dreams, that would be a heavy burden to bear, being in charge of someone else's happiness. A truly impossible task, since happiness is found within ourselves.

Feelings are like clouds in the sky, they come and go, they are not permanent.

This is only one way to see this, enjoying reading the replies.