planets lining up

AquarianGoddess

New River,

You make me laugh!

Hot air is a signature of Gemini (but you don't read that in astrology books!)

New River

Zorya,

you are right! i read a great book about this by James Alexander Thom, a writer from indiana.

love, light and hope, New River

purplelady

The other night I took a star chart that I printed off of the internet , of the planetary line up, and went outside , facing southwest. We got our telescope out , but the old thing doesn't work! (It was a gift from someone who meant well, but I think it sat in their basement for 20 yrs! It did however attract our drunken neighbors who thought they may see something through it!)Someday I'll get a new telescope!
Anyhow, I could see it all without the telescope, venus, mars, saturn and jupiter (Mercury is too close to the horizon plus we have the mountains to the west so you can't see it unless perhaps you look toward the sunset at just the right time)
I also found the pleiadies which normally is close to impossible. Then we located the stars Betelgeuse, Aldebaran, and Rigel surrounding orion's belt. It was beautiful even to the naked eye.

Malachite

Kiama:...Never watched MacGyver?....When all the planets line up Atlantis gets restless ! ;)

I can see Mars and Saturn in the evening sky at the mo,,,Not sure when the others will be coming in to view...or have i missed it already?

Minderwiz

At the moment Jupiter is in Cancer, Mars and Saturn are in Gemini and Mercury and Venus are in Taurus by 4th May Mercury and Venus will also have moved into Gemini and Venus, Saturn and Mars will be fairly close - around 4 degrees separation and Mercury another 5 or 6 degrees away but Jupiter will obstinately remain in Cancer.

If we allow an 8 degree orb for Conjunctions Mercury will be in Conjunction with Venus which in turn will be in conjunction with both Mars and Saturn, so its legitimate to stretch this to a four way conjunction. As Mars Saturn and Venus are also in opposition to Pluto (again allowing an 8 degree orb) the situation does have some Astrological significance. What that significance is depends on whether we are considering an individual born during this period, or doing horary, electional or mundane charts - The question should be significant for whom?

Incidentally House positions are only relevant if we are doing a chart for a specific birth, horary question, etc.

lunalafey

ALL THE PRETTY PLANETS

Kiama said:
I think it would be interesting to find out what would happen if ALL the planets lined up.... What do you think?

Kiama
This will happen 12-21-2012.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I saw an interesting show quite a while ago.
They made mention of this because a few psychics
have made predictions for this date.
the show took a look at astology and also mentioned that the Mayan calandar ENDS on this date.

ALSO May 4th and 5th of 2000, sun, moon, merc, venus, mars, jup, and saturn were all in Taurus. not sure how lined up they were.