Strength as Hopes and Fears

elena_jaymz

To make it easier to understand, why not add a card so that you have one for hopes and the other for fears? When doing a spread, you're in the driver's seat and you can do whatever you like to make it easier for you to decipher what the cards mean to say. You don't have to follow spreads right to the smallest detail. You can add or remove cards or change the names of the positions or whatever else you choose to do. .

Hi Grizabella, thank you for your suggestion!
Yeah, I can do so, for the next readings I'll do that ;) it makes more sense to me to divide hopes from fears.

Barleywine

Hi Grizabella, thank you for your suggestion!
Yeah, I can do so, for the next readings I'll do that ;) it makes more sense to me to divide hopes from fears.

I think so too, since it was often impossible to tell from a single card which one had the upper hand in a reading. Why struggle with that when you can simply use two separate cards?

elena_jaymz

I think so too, since it was often impossible to tell from a single card which one had the upper hand in a reading. Why struggle with that when you can simply use two separate cards?

Exactly :D

Blessed

Being in the driver's seat

To make it easier to understand, why not add a card so that you have one for hopes and the other for fears? When doing a spread, you're in the driver's seat and you can do whatever you like to make it easier for you to decipher what the cards mean to say. You don't have to follow spreads right to the smallest detail. You can add or remove cards or change the names of the positions or whatever else you choose to do. .

Oh, I love this point of view - especially when it comes to the Celtic Cross.

I'm still learning and I'm mostly the intuitive type. If a specific 'way' or interpretation in a spread doesn't sit well with my instinct & logic combo, I can't follow it to a T, I'll definitely interfere.
Personally, I have discarded most of the last 4 cards' basic position titles. So, instead of considering them as the usual 'your self', 'others', 'hope & fears', 'outcome', I take them either as description of future sequence of events leading to an outcome for the matter at hand, or as advice, depending on the question, context and cards. Unless of course the reading is mostly on the inner search side of an issue.

But if you were actually looking for clarification about your inner hopes/fears, my interpretation would be that you are longing for solid commitment and powerful emotions in love, but while having the ability to control them on your part, somehow.

Usually, when I do keep the traditional celtic cross positions, I see any positive cards as 'hopes' and the negative ones as 'fears'.

~~Peace!

elena_jaymz

Oh, I love this point of view - especially when it comes to the Celtic Cross.

I'm still learning and I'm mostly the intuitive type. If a specific 'way' or interpretation in a spread doesn't sit well with my instinct & logic combo, I can't follow it to a T, I'll definitely interfere.
Personally, I have discarded most of the last 4 cards' basic position titles. So, instead of considering them as the usual 'your self', 'others', 'hope & fears', 'outcome', I take them either as description of future sequence of events leading to an outcome for the matter at hand, or as advice, depending on the question, context and cards. Unless of course the reading is mostly on the inner search side of an issue.

But if you were actually looking for clarification about your inner hopes/fears, my interpretation would be that you are longing for solid commitment and powerful emotions in love, but while having the ability to control them on your part, somehow.

Usually, when I do keep the traditional celtic cross positions, I see any positive cards as 'hopes' and the negative ones as 'fears'.

~~Peace!

Thank you Blessed, I agree with your take, that's how I see this card me too!

Blessed

Thank you Blessed, I agree with your take, that's how I see this card me too!

Then, may your path and decisions lead you to what you want and what is best for you!
Knowing what we want, wanting it for the right reasons and being able to maintain this knowledge is half the goal accomplished.

elena_jaymz

Then, may your path and decisions lead you to what you want and what is best for you!
Knowing what we want, wanting it for the right reasons and being able to maintain this knowledge is half the goal accomplished.

Absolutely! :) Hope everything will realy be ok at the end :D

Absynthe

I'd interpret it as wanting something deeply passionate but also fearing that you might lose control in that kind of relationship.

elena_jaymz

I'd interpret it as wanting something deeply passionate but also fearing that you might lose control in that kind of relationship.

Thank you Absynthe, yes, that's true, on one side I want something very deep, passionate etc. but at the same time I fear it.

Laurelle

I got this same card for a reading that I did with an ex boyfriend, while we were together.

To me and in my situation it meant that I was hopeful that he could "tame me" in someway, but this also terrified me because I like the way things are. I seem to always be in conflict on how a woman is "suppose to act". I guess I'm in the in between generation in response to women's rights in the West.

BUT I FEARED that mostly. Because then I would lose the power I've already gained as an independent single woman.

In my situation, we came from slightly different cultures where I would have had to be obedient to him out of "respect". In someway, this would be a comfort because I wouldn't have to make decisions on my own anymore. On the other hand, it's horribly terrifying because I have ALWAYS make all the decisions. I don't think I really want or could handle being obedient to any man.

In the end, I merged and became both the woman and the lion. Then I promptly broke up with him. Best decision I made!