Choose Five Decks Only for Your Collection?

Scarlet Woodland

Tough as I too would grab 5 RWS's instead. Hmmm

RWS - would be the Druidcraft.

Thoth - would be the Tarot of Vampyres

TdM - would have to pick the Chosson from what I own but would rather have a nice deck of playing cards like my Santoro Gorjuss ones if I have to read pips.

Lenormand - would be the Celtic Lenormand as there's enough to read as an oracle if I didn't get around to learning the Lenormand system properly

Oracle - would have to go for Froud's Faeries' Oracle though I might be tempted to cheat a little and have the Chrysalis instead as that's half oracle really.

Dercetius

RWS- My first deck and my favorite art style (despite the hate it gets, I find it beautiful). It's filled with symbolic meanings and the scenic minors enhance its aesthetic.

BoT - Same reason as above. Great for meditation as well.

TDM- Another one of my favorites. The European style speaks to me as I was born here too. I love how traditional they look and. Something about these decks just speaks to me on a spiritual level.

Visconti Sforza- Quite beautiful as well. Mostly for display, as I'm drawn to its beauty more than its symbolism (which I find lacking in comparison to the other two).

Medieval Scapini- Along with the VF, I'm drawn to its art style (same artist as the VF's missing cards and everything) but its illustrations are a bit odd. Still beautiful, nonetheless.

firecatpickles

Ha wait - I will have the Shakespeare Oracle as my extra :D })

I've changed my mind again. I'd rather have the Liber T instead of my Greenie :)

gregory

I love it - but I love my 1970s AGM more.

earthair

Hypothetically, if you had to limit your collection to just four decks; an RWS-, a Thoth- or GD-based deck, a TdM, and a Lenormand; which four would you choose?

Also, let's say you're allowed one other type of deck, such as an oracle, what five would they be?

RWS- Illuminati
Thoth- Liber-T
TdM- (I'm in agreement with gregory on this one)- it has to be the de la Rea
Len- Astro Mythological- because it has so much to keep me occupied
Oracle- Madame Endora's because it's a good and useful reader

nicky

Hypothetically, if you had to limit your collection to just four decks; an RWS-, a Thoth- or GD-based deck, a TdM, and a Lenormand; which four would you choose?

Also, let's say you're allowed one other type of deck, such as an oracle, what five would they be?

RSW- 1910 (if I owned one) - Commemorative in the meantime
Thoth - Thoth - I am fond of the white box version
TdM - Can I call the Naibi di Giovanni Vacchetta a TdM?
Lenormand - Pixie's Amazing Lenormand

oy this sucks -
I am choosing Le Tarot Tournant as Debra says it is a time machine/puzzle/etc etc

This was painful -

bonebeach

I think a TdM and a Thoth would take me pretty far. Any TdM would do, honestly, but the 1880 Soprafino ("ancient Italian") tarot is my top TdM pick. For a Thoth based deck I would choose...the Thoth.

Lennies--don't really use them, except my dollar store playing cards DIY lenormand...so that one, sure. Oracle decks, ditto--don't really use them...except for my dollar store loteria cards.

RWS? I really don't know. Does the Zirkus Magi count as RWS based? Does the Robert Place Vampire Tarot count as...kind of...sort of...no. This is the hard one for me! A lot of the tarot decks I like don't fall under the umbrella of the big three. I do like the classics so maybe the RWS Centennial? That or the gummy bear tarot. ;)

Annabelle

1. The plain old U.S. Games edition RWS.

2. The plain old ordinary Crowley Thoth (the larger edition, preferably).

3. The Fournier TdM. I like the colors.

4. Eh, I can do without a Lenormand.

5. The Victorian Flower Oracle from Baba Studios.

Rhinemaiden

I'll tell you what's currently in my daily reading tarot basket:

-- Alchemical 3rd edition (my daily 3 card draw reading deck for several years)
-- Pocket Radiant RWS (for comparison with cards drawn from Alchemical)
-- MRP Tarot of Prague 3rd edition (also for comparison)
-- Tarot of Delphi (also for companison)
-- Gilded Reverie Lenormand (daily 1 card draw)
-- Madame Endora's Fortune Cards (daily 1 card draw)

okay, that's 6 decks... but that's what's in my basket... if I had to drop one deck, it would be the Pocket Radiant RWS.