Holistic Tarot for left-brainers?

Nemia

I take it as a metaphor not as label.

Barleywine

Why not just enjoy the erudition of Benebell Wen's book without labeling yourself?

Perhaps, then, we can say getting Holistic Tarot is a "no-brainer?" :)

(I've read that study somewhere before, but people I talk to about it don't really want to hear it, the idea is so firmly entrenched.)

earthshine

I take it as a metaphor not as label.
Yes, a tendency towards processing information, a preference for a mode of thinking compared to the other.

bradford

Advice would be to use both halves of your brain.
That's how the brain evolved to function.
To use only one side is to be a halfwit.

Spiffo

Advice would be to use both halves of your brain.
That's how the brain evolved to function.
To use only one side is to be a halfwit.

I like that, a lot.

Le Fanu

To worry that you might not understand a book because what a non-scientific, unproven myth said about your brain is an odd route to go down. It's a peculiar way to sift information.

Barleywine

To worry that you might not understand a book because what a non-scientific, unproven myth said about your brain is an odd route to go down. It's a peculiar way to sift information.

Peculiar but not unprecedented. It's how propaganda works.

Citrin

I'm with Nemia, it's a metaphor to me... I don't literally believe one of the halves of my brain is more active/stronger than the other lol. But it's an easy and fast way to describe how I best learn things and similar, since many people know of the whole "theory" of being left- or right-brained.

DesertDream

I'm with Nemia, it's a metaphor to me... I don't literally believe one of the halves of my brain is more active/stronger than the other lol. But it's an easy and fast way to describe how I best learn things and similar, since many people know of the whole "theory" of being left- or right-brained.

I Concur.

Im mostly right-brain/left handed dominate though :p, depends how each individual is wired. We all have different brain wireing/personalities/capabilities. Everything about me screams "right brain". I dont really care if thats politically correct or not. Im too creative to care lol.

earthshine

To say that right brained people are half-witted is, well, sooooo left-brained. IMHO. I just know myself well enough about how I process information, how I learn most deeply. I am not here to diss Holistic Tarot, as a lot of you love the book. I'm just reacting to many reviews I read of it on Amazon, and how I feel it might not be a fit--a gut intuition, a trait treasured among Tarot readers--and asked for advice whether another author's book might be a better fit for me. I got the advice I'm looking for. Thank you to all.