LS Bosch Tarot: What is your favorite card and why???

lunakasha

Macavity said:
I think mine has to be the High Priestess - I just love her expression! Nothing profound to say, I just think it sums up perfectly how I FEEL sometimes... :D

Macavity

This is how I feel when I wake up, before coffee! :D

The (unimpressed) High Priestess:

Attachments

• high priestess.jpg
    high priestess.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 75

Emily

I gave in to temptation and ordered this deck earlier :D - the more I look at the cards the more interesting they seem.

The Lovers is another card that looks good in the scans - although there are only the two figures on it, it gives the feeling of conflict or indecision on the face of the female - sometimes Lovers cards in other decks show this as another person on the card. And I always like to see the shadow aspect of love as well as love/relationships focus. The man looks at her, his hand touching - its a nice card - gives both aspects of love and maybe unrequited love.

I haven't even got this deck yet and its making me think deep lol - what will my Morgan Greer think lol :)

lunakasha

Emily said:
I gave in to temptation and ordered this deck earlier :D - the more I look at the cards the more interesting they seem.

The Lovers is another card that looks good in the scans - although there are only the two figures on it, it gives the feeling of conflict or indecision on the face of the female - sometimes Lovers cards in other decks show this as another person on the card. And I always like to see the shadow aspect of love as well as love/relationships focus. The man looks at her, his hand touching - its a nice card - gives both aspects of love and maybe unrequited love.

YAY Emily!!! :D

I am glad you are enjoying these cards, and I look forward to further discussion with you!

I also love this card...and I agree with you, she does look a bit uncertain, like he is asking her a question and she is not sure what her answer will be....there is a lot of emotion expressed on both of their faces. Unrequited love perhaps...or maybe a turning point in their relationship that frightens her???

Here it is:

Attachments

• lovers.jpg
    lovers.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 73

Macavity

lunakasha said:
This is how I feel when I wake up, before coffee! :D
Heheh. Beer and Cold Pizza - Breakfast of Champions! :laugh:

Macavity

Attachments

• breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 83

lunakasha

Macavity said:

Macavity

Mwhahahaha!!! }) That is TOOOOO funny!!! :D:laugh::joke:

Hey....is that the pizza box sitting atop her head???

Hehehehe.....:p

:D Luna

lunakasha

BTW....what kind of beer is she drinking, hmmmm???

:p Luna

Centaur

Macavity said:

Mwahahaha. That is hilarious! She looks like a right grumpy booze-drinker. I bet that the beer is super strength. LOL.

Congratulations on ordering the deck Emily! I am sure that you will love it!!! :)

lunakasha

2 OF WANDS

Today I pulled the 2 of Wands as my daily card, and thought I would share it here....

The 2 of Wands card is strangely disturbing to me, for several reasons. First and foremost, the creature standing on the log looks like some kind of mutant--webbed, bird-like feet, round, hairless torso, pointy, tufted ears (reminds me of a lynx) and a strange-looking face, almost fish-like because of the mouth and cheeks (and possibly emphasized because he has the wand in his mouth).

Which brings me to my second disturbing observation: why does he have this spiny wooden "club" in his mouth, and what is the significance in relation to the card meaning??? The traditional RWS meaning of the 2 of Wands has to do with collaboration, a partnership between like-minded people, joint business or creative venture. Unfortunately, when I look at this card, I see the exact opposite: selfishness, wild abandon, oral gratification...very much "infantile" behavior.....

I would be very interested in hearing what others think of this card, and will post a scan of it later today.....

:D Luna

Centaur

Re: 2 OF WANDS

lunakasha said:
Which brings me to my second disturbing observation: why does he have this spiny wooden "club" in his mouth, and what is the significance in relation to the card meaning??? The traditional RWS meaning of the 2 of Wands has to do with collaboration, a partnership between like-minded people, joint business or creative venture. Unfortunately, when I look at this card, I see the exact opposite: selfishness, wild abandon, oral gratification...very much "infantile" behavior.....

I too find it disturbing that he appears to be munching down on a spiky, wooden stick. He seems to be balancing on another stick also. Almost as though he is carrying out two very difficult feats at the same time... two disturbing exercises... a partnership of weird feats! Hahaha.

I see the 2 of Wands as a card of thinking about the future. I think that this little Bosch Beastie has grown particularly pissed off with his present life... that seems to be evident in the fact that he is resorting to rather odd activities in order to liven up his existence.

Hmnnn... I will have to have a further think on this one, and report back!

Centaur

I thought I would post another of my favourite cards from the Bosch: the Eight of Pentacles.

What on earth IS the creature on this card?! It appears to be scurrying on the ground, a huge shell full of pentacles placed on its back. It is almost pig-like in its facial features. However, it has the body of a human, although it is very difficult to tell whether it is a man or a woman. It appears to have breasts, but in the world of Bosch, one never quite knows what to expect! It wears a pinkish cloak which trails in its wake as it scrambles up an incline to its destination, wherever that may be. It also seems to be resting upon a large brown stick. Very odd!!!!

One of the traditional interpretations of the Eight of Pentacles relates it to work. And this little Boschian creature certainly appears to be working! LOL. It looks almost as though it has perhaps just finished work, and is carrying its weekly wage home to its family! Haha.