Under your pillow

page of wands

I don't think it is "necessary" but it does reveal some cool things in dreams, from time to time, depending on the deck. Not all decks speak deep dream talk, from my experience. I've had better results from crystals under the pillow or attached to my body, imo.

i've been learning about crystals lately. I'm think about just getting a cheap rose quartz and putting it in my bag with my tarot cards. do you think that would be a good thing?

prudence

that's interesting. i have slept with my deck every night since i got it. not on purpose, just because i wanted them by me if i did them on my bed. i wonder if thats why i feel connected to them. it seems so strange though because cards aren't cats/pets.

I know, they are only cardboard. But, they are created with something else in mind rather than a packing box. I can be very superstitious, with certain things, I never walk under a ladder, I don't open umbrellas inside a home, I do toss salt over my shoulder....and I like my occult stuff to be allowed to be occult and or woowoo. No harm in that.

Padma

i've been learning about crystals lately. I'm think about just getting a cheap rose quartz and putting it in my bag with my tarot cards. do you think that would be a good thing?

Just get a crystal that speaks to *you* personally, that calls to you, and that feels right to you, regardless of cost, get what you can afford, and place it with your cards. If you just plonk the cheapest crystal you can find into the bag of cards, I don't think that will sit well, imo. I mean, I don't think the effect will be the same as some crystal that you bond deeply with or feel quite attracted to.

page of wands

Just get a crystal that speaks to *you* personally, that calls to you, and that feels right to you, regardless of cost, get what you can afford, and place it with your cards. If you just plonk the cheapest crystal you can find into the bag of cards, I don't think that will sit well, imo. I mean, I don't think the effect will be the same as some crystal that you bond deeply with or feel quite attracted to.

yes i understand that. i don't want to have a negative effect.

page of wands

I know, they are only cardboard. But, they are created with something else in mind rather than a packing box. I can be very superstitious, with certain things, I never walk under a ladder, I don't open umbrellas inside a home, I do toss salt over my shoulder....and I like my occult stuff to be allowed to be occult and or woowoo. No harm in that.

woowoo lol xD well ill put one of the handsome knights under my pillow and hopefully i will dream of him. ;o

Tanga

It's a superstition - and if you believe it, it helps - and you can have amazing dreams with them under your pillow. As well as having amazing dreams because you're obsessing about them :joke:
I believe in belief!

Maru

It's a superstition - and if you believe it, it helps - and you can have amazing dreams with them under your pillow. As well as having amazing dreams because you're obsessing about them :joke:
I believe in belief!

Hey everyone has a different working relationship with their divination tools. Some of us take our tools and our bonds with them very seriously... :cool3:

I don't sleep with my deck. Creates lumps in my pillow and I have enough issues falling sleeping at night that I take medication for it. Plus I have to worry about moving it from the pillows and not accidentally putting them in the wash. Something I would be very prone to do as I only use bed for sleeping and other intimacy in general. I think my lab and our cat stays in our bed more than we do.

When I first started using cards, I can't remember where, but somewhere on the interwebs I heard about the moonlight + pillow trick... it's not really "necessary", but if you tend to bond with inanimate objects as an energy worker, it could prove beneficial to build this "energetic" relationship with the cards... but I'm an energy worker and this isn't my practice. I'm very relaxed and low key when I use my cards... just me, the cards, some music, sometimes a dog or cat pestering me and quiet tranquility.

Anyway, TLDR, in short the answer is...

It depends it depends it depends.

For your purposes, it doesn't make them "work better", but it may help you with attuning to your deck and getting used to the idea of doing divination in general... I think at best it just helps to get rid of any fears of the tools if you have some background (like religion) that stigmatizes their usage for you. As fear can generate blocks against your intuition, etc.

Tanga

Hey everyone has a different working relationship with their divination tools. Some of us take our tools and our bonds with them very seriously... :cool3:

You're speaking to a Ritual Queen my dear (one of the ones who requested the "Threads on Magick and Rituals" section here on AT).
I love Ritual and have a number of Tools.
But it is me and my belief that makes them all so.
"They" don't work better - I "work better" with them within my belief framework.
Superstition is belief (just like religion - and I'd better put IMO here. Lol).

Cards could be placed by the side of the pillow rather than directly under it avoiding uncomfortable lumps.
I can imagine under the bed could work too. :)
I do put things under or beside my pillow - now-and-again.