Feeling The Energy Of The Cards

Grizabella

Shucks, I haven't ever done that. I just shuffle, cut and deal off the top. My cards are just tools, and there's nothing about them that would make me feel any sort of energy emanating from them. As nisaba said, they're my own cards and my significator is the Queen of Wands. I've chosen the Bonefire Queen of Wands as my avatar here on AT. This deck is a dear favorite of mine, but even so, no zings or tingles or anything from it or any other deck I own.

The human mind is a very powerful thing. I have this one toe that, if I even think about that toe, it will start burning like crazy. Never fails! I have nerve damage in my legs and feet and without medication, my feet swell and burn, with extra wicked burning in that one toe in the past. That toe has taught me that we can imagine things happening and they will happen as a result of the power of suggestion, but I don't want to encourage my wacky nervous system to do any tingling or burning or zinging so I couldn't feel trusting of it if I were to decide that's how I'd choose cards.

I'm with Alyssa---the less "woo" the better. But that's the wonderful thing about using the cards. They work without needing a bunch of rituals and other stuff that sometimes gets mixed up in people's minds as what makes the cards work. The most beautiful mystery of all is what happens when a Tarot deck is in the hands of its owner/user. I've described it before as "a Tarot deck is just a pile of pretty cards and I'm just an old lady, but when the deck and I get together, then we become something else." The same is true for every person who puts in the time and effort to use them.

page of wands

I tried to do that the other day going through my tarot workbook. It said to first rub your hands together. Then you put the cards in three stacks. The stack that has the "magnetic" pull is warmer, more tingly, and denser. That is the one for body. The spirit deck is lighter and most "ephemeral", your hand seems to float above it. The mind deck is cool, and electric. So I tried this exercise and I felt absolutely nothing. :( It was very disappointing.

Grizabella

I tried to do that the other day going through my tarot workbook. It said to first rub your hands together. Then you put the cards in three stacks. The stack that has the "magnetic" pull is warmer, more tingly, and denser. That is the one for body. The spirit deck is lighter and most "ephemeral", your hand seems to float above it. The mind deck is cool, and electric. So I tried this exercise and I felt absolutely nothing. :( It was very disappointing.

That's why I don't use that method. It's fruitless for me. Just shuffle, cut and deal off the top works for me.

Barleywine

Shucks, I haven't ever done that. I just shuffle, cut and deal off the top. My cards are just tools, and there's nothing about them that would make me feel any sort of energy emanating from them. As nisaba said, they're my own cards and my significator is the Queen of Wands. I've chosen the Bonefire Queen of Wands as my avatar here on AT. This deck is a dear favorite of mind, but even so, no zings or tingles or anything from it or any other deck I own.

The human mind is a very powerful thing. I have this one toe that, if I even think about that toe, it will start burning like crazy. Never fails! I have nerve damage in my legs and feet and without medication, my feet swell and burn, with extra wicked burning in that one toe in the past. That toe has taught me that we can imagine things happening and they will happen as a result of the power of suggestion, but I don't want to encourage my wacky nervous system to do any tingling or burning or zinging so I couldn't feel trusting of it if I were to decide that's how I'd choose cards.

I'm with Alyssa---the less "woo" the better. But that's the wonderful thing about using the cards. They work without needing a bunch of rituals and other stuff that sometimes gets mixed up in people's minds as what makes the cards work. The most beautiful mystery of all is what happens when a Tarot deck is in the hands of its owner/user. I've described it before as "a Tarot deck is just a pile of pretty cards and I'm just an old lady, but when the deck and I get together, then we become something else." The same is true for every person who puts in the time and effort to use them.

Is it too early in the day for humor (or even humour)? I had a wicked vision of the "Bionic Tarot Lady" with her deck strapped on, holding that one "hot" toe over her cards and really getting "zoomed" into the ozone of psychic sensitivity.

Edward Tarot Hands

Is it too early in the day for humor (or even humour)? I had a wicked vision of the "Bionic Tarot Lady" with her deck strapped on, holding that one "hot" toe over her cards and really getting "zoomed" into the ozone of psychic sensitivity.

LMAO at this

Alissa

I tried to do that the other day going through my tarot workbook. So I tried this exercise and I felt absolutely nothing. :( It was very disappointing.
I think it speaks to your own strength of mind that you didn't talk yourself into feeling something, using the power of suggestion alone, just as Grizabella mentions.

There's this song in the musical, "A Chorus Line," where the character Morales sings about going to acting class and while all the drama kids are saying, "I feel the snow, I feel the wind!" Morales sticks to her guns and tells her truth, "I feel nothing."

The truth will set you free, right? :)

page of wands

I think it speaks to your own strength of mind that you didn't talk yourself into feeling something, using the power of suggestion alone, just as Grizabella mentions.

There's this song in the musical, "A Chorus Line," where the character Morales sings about going to acting class and while all the drama kids are saying, "I feel the snow, I feel the wind!" Morales sticks to her guns and tells her truth, "I feel nothing."

The truth will set you free, right? :)

I've been learning to speak the truth to myself, and stop lying.

Manfeex

I would like to know the method of the cut, how do you do it?

Sulis

I shuffle, cut the deck and then pick cards from inside the stack.. I found that when I was dealing from the top sometimes I hadn't shuffled enough and the same sets of cards were showing up..
I'm not into 'woo woo' with my cards at all. I've never done the feeling the energy thing, it's just not me.