Feeling The Energy Of The Cards

Astraea

I tried to do that (choose cards by feeling their energy) for years, and the results were at the level of chance. Now I just shuffle and split the deck, or deal off the top.

ETA: Alissa, I just realized you were here! I am delighted to see you! :*

Manfeex

I'll have to try that!
So you shuffle the cards
Split the decks in half and then you get the cards underneath?

Astraea

I'll have to try that!
So you shuffle the cards
Split the decks in half and then you get the cards underneath?
If you're posing that question to me, what I do is shuffle very thoroughly, then split the deck in half and set the top half aside - then I deal off the top of the second half. And sometimes I don't split the deck, but just deal off the top of a well-shuffled pack.

Deana86

I shuffle, cut the deck and then pick cards from inside the stack.. I found that when I was dealing from the top sometimes I hadn't shuffled enough and the same sets of cards were showing up..
I'm not into 'woo woo' with my cards at all. I've never done the feeling the energy thing, it's just not me.
I shuffle and cut the deck as well, I then draw the cards from the right hand deck

Manfeex

If you're posing that question to me, what I do is shuffle very thoroughly, then split the deck in half and set the top half aside - then I deal off the top of the second half. And sometimes I don't split the deck, but just deal off the top of a well-shuffled pack.

Ahh okay I'll give it go!
I've always done it through spreading! So I'll see what I get x

Edward Tarot Hands

I used to think it mattered, now I don't. The "subconscious induction" that I believe drives the appearance of certain cards in a spread is a mental/mechanical ("mind/body interface") intervention, not necessarily one that imparts any kind of energy aura or emanation. Just my opinion, of course;

But if everything is vibrating energy that includes the cards, the colours, the energy you impart when you handle them, the smells and the sound when you move them,plus any unknown energy and being that 2 things cannot be exactly the same as they cannot occupy the same space therefore cannot vibrate at the same frequency, it follows that every card will have its own vibrational signature, that could be sensed .

Edward Tarot Hands

This would be very easy to test yourself -- try it 10 times and see if you draw "the same cards most of the time." If you can do that, it would be an awesome skill.

Great Logic

Barleywine

But if everything is vibrating energy that includes the cards, the colours, the energy you impart when you handle them, the smells and the sound when you move them,plus any unknown energy and being that 2 things cannot be exactly the same as they cannot occupy the same space therefore cannot vibrate at the same frequency, it follows that every card will have its own vibrational signature, that could be sensed .

Maybe some people can sense vibration in a rock. I know I can't even though intuitively I know that it's there. I would think such vibration could be sensed psychically (when we eventually get sensitive enough to do so) much more readily than it can by touch. It's possibly what underlies our ability to pull just the right set of cards from a fan simply by "guessing."

Edward Tarot Hands

. It's possibly what underlies our ability to pull just the right set of cards from a fan simply by "guessing."

Yes, seeing as Hermetic teaching and many Asian philosophies say that chance does not exist so maybe you are right. It's very interesting. According to Hermetic belief every action has a cause ad infinitum so even supposedly drawing a random card from a fan, can depend on things such as; the shape of the fan, how tired you are, what the light is like and infinite other (unknown) possibilities