Feeling of guilt when trading decks?

pinkcrow

My city has a local trading group so I'm thinking about getting rid of one of my decks for some wine or bus tokens or something. It's a shame because I really wanted to love the deck but I can't see myself using it regularly...also I like wine.

I feel like an ass though. I have mixed feelings about tarot cards + spirituality so I don't know if it's wrong to abandon a deck that I tried to love. Should I give it more time or just screw it and get some rosé?

Apollonia

My city has a local trading group so I'm thinking about getting rid of one of my decks for some wine or bus tokens or something. It's a shame because I really wanted to love the deck but I can't see myself using it regularly...also I like wine.

I feel like an ass though. I have mixed feelings about tarot cards + spirituality so I don't know if it's wrong to abandon a deck that I tried to love. Should I give it more time or just screw it and get some rosé?
I've traded, sold, and given away decks that didn't resonate with me. I always think of it as giving that deck a chance to really shine with the right reader. My advice is to do the trade and drink your wine while enjoying the satisfaction of having found this deck a loving home.

pinkcrow

I've traded, sold, and given away decks that didn't resonate with me. I always think of it as giving that deck a chance to really shine with the right reader. My advice is to do the trade and drink your wine while enjoying the satisfaction of having found this deck a loving home.

Aw that's a sweet way of thinking about it!! I like that, thanks!

DDwarks

If the deck is easily replaceable as in not OOP then get the wine!
If you ever regret the decision buying it again wont be an issue that way.

pinkcrow

If the deck is easily replaceable as in not OOP then get the wine!
If you ever regret the decision buying it again wont be an issue that way.

It's the Raven's Prophecy, it's in every book store in the country as far as I've seen haha. I just got a new deck that I love so much I kind of don't know if I ever want to touch another deck again (Golden Universal....sooooo shinyyyy!).

EmpyreanKnight

I have never traded a deck before, and I doubt I ever will. While I'm rather cool with giving or donating things I never or have barely used like perfumes, unused clothes, stuff from swag bags etc, I'm loath to give up or even trade my books and decks. I think you should let your deck be for a year, and after that if you try to connect to it and there's still no spark, you should just trade it. It's your call of course.

Btw I fully agree, pinkcrow - the Golden Universal is utterly bae. I understand if it seems like you've finally found your ne plus ultra and you don't want to as much as look at another deck. Never say never though: check out the other metallic decks from Lo Scarabeo and see if any of them catches your fancy too. After the GU I also bought the Golden Tarot of Klimt and the Visconti Tarots, and I believe that the first time mine eyes beheld their burnished, lustrous glory, I was so thunderstruck I almost felt like Saint Teresa of Avila writhing in the throes of divine ecstasy. I may be exagerrating a bit though.

pinkcrow

haha I'm part of a broke-Torontonian-trade-only-no-money community so my first instinct for anything I haven't used for a week is WELL, IT'S GOTTA GO. Gained 5 pounds and your clubbing dress is a little tight? TRADE. Winter time and your flip-flops are just sitting around? TRADE. Took a sip of your frappuccino, didn't like it? TRADE.

gregory

I - um - don't trade :D - but if I did, that's exactly how I'd think of it. It will be happier where it's loved.

SunChariot

Just my thoughts, but I don't keep any decks that don't read well for me or that I don't bond well with. I don't see any cause for guilt though as it's not as if the deck is going to miss you. But it is a spiritual tool and it is best used by someone who does get it and to whom it can bring more job and wisdom. It is better off in their hands and truly benefiting someone.

To me, this is my own idiosyncrasy, it would cheapen it as a spiritual tool to just trade it for wine or bus tokens (unless I truly truly needed them).

When I want to get trade a deck that is not working for me, I always trade it away here on AT. Then I get a brand new deck to love. And its less expensive than getting a new one. That is what I do. But these are just my thoughts.

Babs

pinkcrow

To me, this is my own idiosyncrasy, it would cheapen it as a spiritual tool to just trade it for wine or bus tokens (unless I truly truly needed them).

That's partly why I feel bad but I don't want to trade for another deck and I don't feel comfortable posting things for sale outside of my usual circles. And I am pretty broke so bus tokens are gold to me haha