AT exchanges question

Falcor

Many of us are using the exchanges sections(tarot and oracle) as readers and sitters.

I am curious if you ever found the reading/s here helpful(it really happened or it was a great warning/advice in advance)?

Or it's just a fun exercise for you(done, forgotten, next!) ?

Did any of the readers/sitters talked about it later each with other?

Grizabella

From the feedback in my exchanges I think they're pretty successful. I always encourage feedback from people as to how things turned out in the long run and there are some examples in the first link about exchanges in my signature. (The one that says the exchange is easy to follow.)

EmpressArwen

I don't do a lot of readings nor get a lot of readings, so when I do, I try to make sure they are taken seriously (by me). I usually do talk to the reader in PM after posting feedback to share anything extra that I have to say but is too private for the boards. I have also had sitters come back months later to let me know how the situation panned out, which is wonderful for learning, even if it turns out I was wrong. haha.

I have done fun type readings where it's just for laughs....there is definitely a place for those too.

SunChariot

Many of us are using the exchanges sections(tarot and oracle) as readers and sitters.

I am curious if you ever found the reading/s here helpful(it really happened or it was a great warning/advice in advance)?

Very helpful when I was starting out. You need feedback to hone your skills really, And when you are just learning and not sure of your skills yet, another AT reader won't expect you to be perfect and have help you if something is off and offer suggestions to fix it.

I never saw it as a fun game of exercise. For me it was a very useful tool to hone my skills and to help others do the same (an added bonus).

Absolutely we both always offered feedback. Without that there would be no purpose to it for me. Its a way to learn, for my anyway.

I also found it useful when I was starting up my website and wanted some testimonials to add to it. I was new so did not have enough At the time I offered a number of free readings on AT in exchange for honest feedback (had to be honest)that I would add to my web site in the testimonials section. That too was very useful. They are all still there to this day.

The reading exchanges have always been a good experience for me. Can also be useful if 2 readers have questions they want to ask on things they are too emotionally involved to read for themselves on. They can each then read for the other

Babs

nisaba

In the exchange CIRCLES, where monthly projects are set, yes. It's fabulous, and I've given and received some really deep readings. I've long-since given up on the general exchange area: "Let me tell you about your next lover, for feedback" or "Why doesn't he love me any more" or "three love readings before dinner for feedback" type readings. <sigh>

Usually not.

In PMs, yes. I sometimes send what I call "further feedback" privately to someone I've had a circle-exchange with then events start to play out, and I sometimes get feedback for the readings I've given weeks, months and in a few instances years later as people I've read for in exchanges watch their lives change.

It's very satisfying, especially if their original feedback in the forum was "None of that is relevant" and a few months later they tell me exactly *how* all of it turned out to be relevant after all. :)

Tanga

Many of us are using the exchanges sections (tarot and oracle) as readers and sitters.

I am curious if you ever found the reading/s here helpful (it really happened or it was a great warning/advice in advance)?

I find readings usually clarify what I'm thinking or sometimes give me an alternative angle to the way I'm viewing something.
It's also a delight to see how other people interpret things, and I learn a lot from that.

Or it's just a fun exercise for you (done, forgotten, next!) ?

Fun yes. But it's also always serious practice for me - to hone my skills further and see what new things I can learn.

Yes half the time there will be a PM conversation on the reading. :)