Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 295 : March 25 - March 31

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

csmith0406 
Tabula Mundi Babylon

Just a further update on Tabula Mundi, for anyone who is interested. I've found it easy to read with, even with the Thoth-system learning-curve I have. It's also accurate and meaningful for me. The book, written by the artist, is very helpful in understanding the cards. And her choices of symbols stick in my head, so I find it easier to read as I go along, and rarely have to check the book twice.

As Rose said, she uses symbols throughout the deck, in related cards, which really adds a level of meaning, making it easier to read with. She also uses color in a way I can tell is meaningful, but still need to learn about.

Also, this is a fantastic deck, which I just love, and I think everyone should have it. Just in case I didn't mention that before.
Top   #51
Citizen

Green Faerie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfDanu View Post
I find oracle decks add depth to a reading or are good to wrap up a reading. They offer something a little different flavored than tarot as most oracles have overtly positive overtones, whereas tarot is more balanced. I like pulling an oracle card at the end as a final piece of advice, like the cherry on top of a good balanced reading. I also sometimes include them as the central card and theme of a reading and use tarot cards to fill in the details. For example I pulled Hawthorn- Heart Healing today as my theme of the day, if that makes sense.
It's definitely not a stupid question There's many different ways to combine tarot and oracle cards in readings.
Thank you so much! This is great perspective and advice, and I like the idea of using oracle cards as a kind of "topping" or overall theme of a reading. That's really helpful.
Top   #52
Citizen

Green Faerie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGimlet View Post
I just think it's kind of fun. Plus there have been very few oracle decks (there are a couple, but not many) that I personally would want to use on their own for a week.

Happy my time with the Secret Forest is over, but not a bad deck.
Fun is good! We like fun. At some point I am sure I will have to try combining tarot and oracle decks; I'm all for adding another enjoyable layer to readings. Right now it just feels like a lot, though, particularly when I struggle to even get out my decks during the week.
Top   #53
Citizen

Ballerina 

Hi. I've been feeling very disconnected from the earth lately in my urban jungle so I am going to work with The Green Man Tree Oracle this week. It's by John Matthews and Will Worthington. I haven't used it in years so I'm going to reread the book and do some readings.
Top   #54
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
Hi. I've been feeling very disconnected from the earth lately in my urban jungle so I am going to work with The Green Man Tree Oracle this week. It's by John Matthews and Will Worthington. I haven't used it in years so I'm going to reread the book and do some readings.
Ballerina, you might want to post in the new thread for this week found here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=272422
Top   #55

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.