The De-Enabling Thread

Sidhe-Ra

Ah, yes, quite right Mollymawk and Red11, so I shall!

Thank you!

Blessings,

Em xx

weaver

The thread on the Via Tarot has me interested in purchasing the deck/book set. Does anyone have any insights in terms of why I should not buy it?!

weaver

Cocobird55

I heard good things about this deck so I bought it. It kind of creeped me out. I remember it was very dark. I traded it away to someone who loved it...

weaver said:
The thread on the Via Tarot has me interested in purchasing the deck/book set. Does anyone have any insights in terms of why I should not buy it?!

weaver

mollymawk

Via Tarot: Not really interesting graphically, and they have neutered naked men (what's the point?). You notice, let's put it that way.

Apocalipstick

Hmm.. it's sort of like the Thoth lite on some level. Just not as brilliant.

That could be a good or a bad thing.

The minors tend to get a bit repetitive. It's not very eye-catching.

Not much to come up with beyond that.

weaver

More Via

Thanks for everyones opinions on this deck thus far. I am wondering, also, what the book is like. Has anyone liked it or found it to be useful?

Some of the cards in this deck really do look interesting to me. I have toyed with purchasing the Via for a while. In truth, I am still on the fence as I'd hate to purchase it simply to collect dust on my Tarot shelf!

weaver

Rasa

Can no-one de-enable me on the Tarocco delle Vetrate and the Alchemical Tarot?
(I posted quite awhile ago, and alas, no responses.)

Am I doomed to spend a couple hundred bucks on a silly out of print creature?
(The vetrate is less pricy, so I'm not quite as doomed if I decide to get it ;)

Jewel

Rasa said:
Can no-one de-enable me on the Tarocco delle Vetrate and the Alchemical Tarot?
(The vetrate is less pricy, so I'm not quite as doomed if I decide to get it ;)
I cannot de-enable you from the Alchemical, but lets see if I can help you where the Vetrate is concerned. It is pretty much a prettier version of the RWS imagery for majors and pips made to look like it is in stained glass windows. It does not offer you anything that your RWS deck doesn't. If I were you I would save my money and spend it something more exciting :D

And honestly, although I like the Alchemical I would not spend $200 bucks on it. Now if you are really into Alchemy then perhaps it would be worth it to you. Your call, but I wouldn't do it. (And I usually have no problem spending money on tarot decks by the way). Just because a deck is expensive and OOP does not mean its good. Specially not $200 worth of good.

Good luck!

jackdaw*

The Vetrate is more or less pip-style minors, but a little more quirky. Some of the majors are just plain strange.

If you want the stained glass effect, the Cloisters is much nicer, IMO. If you want the artist, I suggest the Medieval Scapini instead. And if you want pips, go for a historical one - the Visconti, or a nice Marseille.

As for the Alchemical, look at the prices. If that doesn't de-enable you, you're on your own :D

Little Hare

can someone please please please de-enable me in regards to the golden rider waite tarot?