The De-Enabling Thread

Madame Squee

sashie said:
Can someone de-enable The UFO Tarot and Lo Scarabeo?
Okay, I don't have the UFO, thanks to this thread! :D

However, I succumbed to the Lo Scarabeo, and this is what it's like:

http://www.kfc.com/menu/bowls.asp

Now, if you can stand a meal of high carb food, all mixed together in a plastic bowl, served with a spork, you'll go for the Lo Scarabeo, but my advice is to keep the Pepto Bismol close by -- you'll need it! })

:heart:
c.s.

PS: If the urge to have The Lo Scarabeo, doesn't pass :p, keep your eye on the trading thread!!!

PPS: I have a trillion LS decks, and I love them dearly, but this puppy has got to go!!! :angel:

shadowbane

im officially de-enabled on the Rohrig bits hanging out dont do it for me. Im findingt arot quite challenging at the moment and think tarot of a moon garden is hating me. I think maybe I am trying too hard its only been 4 years and oracle cards have been my means of focus. so more decks when trying to understand the meanings might not prove good. Faeries I love faeries...sighs.

Sidhe-Ra

Well, if you really love faeries, stay away from Doreen Virtue! Froud's is a much better option.

magpie9

O the Rohrig, O the Rohrig, I must have a wee bash at the Rohrig!
Let's take............2 cups. We see a back view of a woman in an embrace, her head on the shoulder of a person with no head, or maybe a bald head, It could be either, & no other body parts except for 3 arms and hands, all clasping her back. Then there's the Prince of Cups, a good looking sensual guy in profile, with his head open so you can see what's on his mind, which are breasts and Penii and labial folds, and female torsos and butts. Exhibit #2 --another cups card, the 6, named pleasure. where some old geeze is seducing/debauching a girl who looks about 14. They are both semi-wrapped in cloth so we don't get the intimate details (I'm grateful) but it's clearly Uncle Nasty on the Hoof.

The deck is, in general, pretty surreal, even for a thothy. They have naked woman, and naked woman parts everywhere they cold think of and a few are really imaginative.
Take 8 swords, for instance. Keyword, Interference. What it being interfered with is apparently the filming of a dirty movie. We have 2 giant blond woman standing buried in sand up to mid thigh, wearing only black g strings. Their faces are hidden by their hair, and arms behind them, perhaps bound. On the sand in front of them is a TINY Lilliputian TEENY TINY (goes swimming in a teacup) mice can eat him for breakfast, Yes, THAT TINY white guy, dressed in white, sitting on a white table, looking theatrically despairing. Obviously, the scene it not going well. Perhaps the male talent has not shown up. Perhaps the Male talent can't get his parts to cooperate in the scene, maybe he doesn't like girls. Perhaps the Director doesn't have an understudy for the male role. Perhaps he is just now realizing the he's too small to work with these actresses as the male talent, which was his back-up plan.
The possibilities are endless, but production has ground to a stop.

And, if you're not used to the Thoth side if things, the differences in the minors meanings will be difficult for possibly quite a while. It's a lot like starting over, except you have to consciously work on learning the new meanings and surpressing the old. Take the 6 cups that we were just talking about, for instance---in RWS that's kids in the garden with cups of flowers. AHEM. Not so slightly different in this deck.
And don't count on spending another $10. to buy the book and have it make it all make sense. It doesn't. It's as close to totally unhelpful as possible, especially on the minors, which is where you really really need any help you can get.
Do yourself a favor, don't get this deck.

baba-prague

Debra said:
UFO tarot.

Personally, I can't think of anything more useless.

Okay, this is the one LS deck that about which I really can't find anything good to say. I like many LS decks and absolutely love some - but this one I just don't "get" at all. I agree with Debra I'm afraid. Some good old sci-fi movies would be a far better use of your money.

I gave mine to a friend who also promptly gave it away. I assume it's still travelling around from hand to hand. It's just about the only deck I've ever ditched that fast.

Enough de-enabling for you? })

wytchwood

Healing with the Fairies looks pants to me. It just has pictures of fairies with fortune cookie style catchphrases and cliches stuck on them. I have the Fairy Ring Oracle which is based on fairies from folklore, and Froud's fairy Oracle is well loved as well. I think either one would be better then the Doreen Virtue one. It looks really cheesy and ... well.... pants.

Zoe xx

Sidhe-Ra

Or even cheesy pants! Eeeeeewwwww!

WolfSpirit

LOL magpie...people may want to get a Rohrig just to know what that is all about })

MysticalMoose

Gushing Naff cheesy pants at that! DV's decks are v.pretty to look at, I have quite a fondness for the unicorn pics but the books, oh dear dont get me started on the books, gushing, puke-inducing sweetness running amok throughout the pages...*bangs head on desk* no hints of reality anywhere to be found...If you want Faeries go for Frouds or definately the Fairy Ring, they are both wonderful!!! :D
MM :love:

SolSionnach

WolfSpirit said:
LOL magpie...people may want to get a Rohrig just to know what that is all about })

Gawd I hope not.
Magpie, great de-enable on Rohrig. Since I don't have the deck in front of me, (and haven't looked at it in ages) I could be specific.

But I do remember the uber-creepy 6/Cups. gag!!!