The De-Enabling Thread

skh

littlehermit said:
De-enable me, please - part of me is itching to pick up a little Universal Waite to carry around in my purse and study... but I already have one deck I haven't started journalling yet, and the next deck I really want is a TdeM! And I don't have a real job yet and my credit card's maxed out! Make me be good, please.

You will maybe hate me for this: find a job that keeps you busy and happy. Your interest in buying tarot decks will not go away, but be greatly reduced, as they lose importance.

Sonja

13thFaeChylde

littlehermit said:
De-enable me, please - part of me is itching to pick up a little Universal Waite to carry around in my purse and study... but I already have one deck I haven't started journalling yet, and the next deck I really want is a TdeM! And I don't have a real job yet and my credit card's maxed out! Make me be good, please.

Trust me, there is NO DECK that is worth going further into deck over.

WolfSpirit

littlehermit - don't buy a deck just because you love the small size, you can't afford to think that way at the moment.
Concentrate on getting the TdeM, because that will be the next step in your tarot studies, but only get it when you have at least economized a bit and can afford it, it will make the pleasure of getting the deck much bigger if you feel good about yourself.
Start working on the deck you haven't journalled yet - or if you lost interest in it, try to sell or trade in the trading forum, so you can get the deck you really want.

littlehermit

Thanks, everyone - you helped. I'm holding out... :)

Rusty Neon

Me too. I've held back on the Costantini Minchiate deck and the Minchiate Fiorentine deck previously mentioned by me, although I might have bought them if I saw them in person at a store! like I did last week for the Tarot de Nostradamus. :) Like they say, out of sight, out of mind.

Elektra

Digging this old thread up again because I need to be de-enabled! :)

My wishlist:
Osho Zen Tarot
Celestial Tarot
Housewives Tarot
Tarot of Dreams

...and I have suddenly decided that I need a Thoth deck. Go figure.

WolfyJames

Elektra said:

My wishlist:
Osho Zen Tarot
Celestial Tarot
Housewives Tarot
Tarot of Dreams

I can help you out on the Tarot of Dreams. The Gilded Tarot was sold around 350$US (shipping not included). The upcoming Tarot of Deams will be a bit less expensive, apparently. You can imagine all the things you could get instead of the Tarot of Dreams... Personaly, I have, and I'm getting new furnitures. ;)

Sophie

Elektra said:

My wishlist:
Osho Zen Tarot
Celestial Tarot
Housewives Tarot
Tarot of Dreams

Of all, those, I'd only go for the Thoth as a Tarot necessity.
Before you buy it, though - just take a walk and decide which of your current decks needs some more work on it :)

WolfSpirit

WolfyJames said:
I can help you out on the Tarot of Dreams. The Gilded Tarot was sold around 350$US (shipping not included). The upcoming Tarot of Deams will be a bit less expensive, apparently.

I will not try to stop the de-enabling process, but the price estimate for the Tarot of Dreams is around 50 dollars - a lot less than 350 $ (that has to be the limited edition), but you don't need it because...uuhhh...it is too pretty, it will distract you too much to read with it ?

You don't need the Housewives Tarot because you don't want to be reminded of your household chores.

The Thoth takes a lot of time to really get to know, get it only when you are going to have a lot of time on your hands.

leapylees

I'm going on holiday later this week. I've decided that I may buy myself a maximum of two tarot decks while I'm away but I have six on my (realistic) wishlist:
Haindl Tarot
Cosmic Tarot
Crystal Tarot
Shapeshifter Tarot
Tarot Art Nouveau
Spiral Tarot

Please help to de-enable me so that I can narrow this down.