The De-Enabling Thread

Sophie

Ah, only one is an absolute necessity, the deck of a century:

The Crystal Tarot

Once you have it, it'll absorb and delight you so much you won't want to touch another for a while...

earth en lady

Shapeshiftertarot

Hi leapylees ,I may be able to help with the shapeshifter tarot Yes its very beautiful but it is on cheaper looking card

bassetized

Hi leapylees:
This is so out-of-character--I should be posting to get help de-enabling myself--but maybe I can help with the Spiral. The Majors and Court cards are exquisite (I am coming to the de-enabling part, I promise), but the Minors have an entirely different style and tone. The costuming, painting technique, everything is different. It feels very much as though parts for two different decks were put together. Some people don't mind at all, but it's very jarring to me.
--bassetized

jeseryn

Interested in the Good Witch Bad Witch cards because I love the artwork. And the Froud fairy cards because I'd like an oracle to play with.

seneris

jeseryn said:
Interested in the Good Witch Bad Witch cards because I love the artwork. And the Froud fairy cards because I'd like an oracle to play with.

I think I could try to de-enable you on the Froud Oracle... do you really want those pesky creatures to play tricks on you all the time? Those cards have a will of their own (and if you don't believe me, pay a visit to the study group :) )

Sechat

I need to be de-enabled on the Blake Deck--I really have my hands full with Cosmic and Tarot Erotica. I've already promised myself the Fey deck next month, but I've always loved the Black and I fear that when I go to order the Fey somehow the Blake will end up on the order too!

peace
sechat

magpie9

Elektra said:
My wishlist:
Osho Zen Tarot
Celestial Tarot
Housewives Tarot
Tarot of Dreams

...and I have suddenly decided that I need a Thoth deck. Go figure.

The only tarot on this list a person cannot do without is the Osho Zen. It works and plays well with self and others. It's a miracle with other decks, when you need a clarifying card, pull it from the OZ and all becomes clear. If you get this one, the rest of your wishlist will go to the very back burner, immediatly, and stay there quite a while!

Cagedflame

I'm lusting after Tarot of the Stars Eternal (Liber T), Tarot of Prague, and Tarot de Paris. Please talk me out of buying all three in order to not have to decide on one.

Alta

LiberT desparately needs a good book to help use it. I won't say it is useless without a book, but very nearly. If you want Thoth, stick with Thoth for now.

Cagedflame

Well, I want Liber T because it's Thoth-base w/ artwork that's more appealing, but needing a book might put a damper on it. I just de-enabled myself on Paris because it's $30 on Amazon, which defeats my idea of "buy one deck with this book you want to spend just enough for free shipping."