What card is TAROT for You?

anubis

i'm either the Prince of Cups or Prince of Pentacles (knights in some decks). my personality will flacuate

darwinia

Forever the Magician

The fellow who introduced me to tarot considered himself a Magician, so for me, that's THE card that means tarot.

The archetype (and the man!) also embodies the epitome of light and shadow or upright and reversed--the light of reason and the games of the trickster. That too is part of tarot, considering the alternate meanings and all sides.

maria42airam

I see Tarot as the SUN (19) - Enlightenment.

Maria

Anna

To me, the essence of the Tarot is 0, The Fool - always travelling through every card... Next to that, The World: every single thing together.

Danubhe, I agree, and I like the way you described it. :D

Red Emma

Tarot for me

The magician is one who mines the possibilities in her life to create the most from every little insight.

Kissa

i cannot see Tarot as being just one card. to me, it is a wholeness, where every card has just the same importance as the others one because it is this card that will help/enlighten me on the day i draw it.

can't make myself more clear, i'm afraid. Tarot is 78 cards. if i were to choose one card tonight as the one representing Tarot, it wouldn't be the same than the one i'd choose tomorrow, or next week, next month etc. so i would be lying to myself, trying to contain my experience in just one card, restraining my intuition/ the little voice inside... whereas imo Tarot is about evolution, progress, improvement.

kissa

same about the card i might be: i will tend to choose a court card but from the brilliant "understanding the tarot court cards" i've learned that i am each court card...

edited to add: of course, there are cards i like more than others. because of the artwork, because i understand the symbols better, because they relate more clearly to my experience but this thread is not about "favourite cards" if i understand properly. i have lots of favourite cards :D (ok, my name is kissa and i'm a tarotholic...) but as i tried to explain, none can resume Tarot imo.

Osher

Hmmm, my initial thoughts are: The Chariot, but maybe this is me rather. That is, trying to keep on the right path, but having to fight to keep all my energies pulling in the same way.

If, then Tarot is The Fool. It is apt, being the first card, but also, the Fool wanders where maybe others would not go. The Fool goes forward, eyes open, and explores. The Fool is clearly not prosaic, and therefore sums up neatly Tarot, that is, the exploration and discovery of life.

Ace

Feebie said:
For me Tarot is a combination of the Magician and the High priestess.

I agree, but not for the same reasons. I see Tarot as a tool, the Magician has all the tools laid out on the table and he is working his will on the world. The High Priestess in most decks, stores the secrets of the tools and doesn't use them, although in my two most used decks (the Robin Wood and the WorldTree) she does actually do magic working too, based on what she knows, not on what she can learn.

As for me, I am probably the FOOL. Most decks (Not the WorldTree) the fool carries a bindlestiff (a bundle on a stick) which I always fancied as the cup, pentgram, and sword in the package while the staff is the wand. So I have all the tools, but I am too cocky/lazy/busy to use them right or well yet!
:TFOOL

Shalott

La Roue de Fortune.