Lenormand/Titania combinations

Kara

Hi all, on a different thread about the meaning of the Lenormand cards by katie_here, I offered to post the combinations that work for me. Which combinations work for you? It would be great if everyone could post here, because I'm sure it would open up new aspects for all of us...what do you think? I only work with the Lenormand cards, I have no idea about Titania cards, it would be great if someone could explain those, like in the meanings thread. BTW, here's a link to katie's thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=36312
And this is a different thread with some real good info:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=5816&highlight=playing+card+spreads

The combinations aren't just 'mine', I got them from books, friends, thinking about them and various other sources, but they work well for me, maybe they can help someone else too. But I can't post where I got each one from, I have no idea anymore. I'll stick with just two cards, the others I never bothered to memorize, if anyone has more than two card combinations, that would be great too.
The cards are listed in their numerical order.

The Rider

+clover: good news, if you bet on something, you won.
+ ship: news from/about far away
+ house: news about a house, invitation
+ tree: news taking a long time to reach you, being the last to hear it. news about long standing issues.

+clouds: bad issues/news coming or going.
+ snake: news about/from a woman
+ coffin: the situation coming to an end, for good or for bad.
+ flowers: invitation, guests, visits
+ scythe: unexpected news, surprising news
+ whip: positive news, that can end an argument well
+ birds: exciting news, for good or bad. or worrisome news
+ child: news about children, new beginnings.
+ fox: misunderstood news, wrong news passed on
+ bear: supportive news, if negative, draining news.
+ stars: news that bring hope, or they clear things
+ stork: information that changes things
+ dog: longstanding info, active friends, meddling, but loyal friends
+ tower: info which can lead to separation or isolation
+ park: invitation to a larger social gathering
+ mountain: news brings more frustration, roadblocks
+ path: info that brings on a decision, info that brings choices - all depends
+ mice: information lost, went down in it all, was missed.
+ ring: proposal, binding news
+ book: Busted!! secrets revealed
+ letter: very good news coming soon
+ gent or lady: younger, sporty, active, extroverted, good times, receiving good news
+ lily: for me most often, it shows the wish for or the meeting of someone only interested in one thing, or the beginning of such a relationship.
+ sun: good news
+ moon: depression lifting, emotional news
+ key: news that brings security, news coming for sure
+fish: bills, money transfer, news about money
+anchor: promotion, good news about work issues
+ cross: news that are finalizing, definite.

When I write news, I mean any information that would affect you. Gossip, news on TV or the paper, letters, e-mails - anything.

Kara

Clover

+ship: good trip, something from far away brings luck.
+house: happy home, good family, luck in and with family.
+tree: longlasting luck, very healthy, youthful looks
+clouds: the surrounding cards indicate which direction things will take. In any case, the effect of either one is weakened.

+snake: good person, even though appears to be the contrary, good to have this person on your side.

+coffin: happy end, good riddance, illness over
+flowers: jackpot, much love from others, lots of socializing, good friends, a new female friend

+scythe: flash in the pan, as soon as you got it, it was gone, also sudden luck, not counting on it, and out of the blue, it popped into your life.

+whip: arguments, but with happy endings, - also verbal eloquence, snappy answers, wit, sharp humour.

+birds: easy come, easy go, shallow, fleeting happiness, speckled with worries

+child: joy of having a child, of starting something new, of starting over. playful, fun and games.

+fox: a time to be sly, it's ok, seize an opportunity, be opportunistic.
+bear: strong, healthy, immune, enjoying the support you're getting
+stars: fulfilled dreams, being blessed and knowing it
+stork: positive change

+dog: longlasting friendships(even though the clover is short-lived), very good friends

+tower: being alone and loving it. retreating brings the solution. happiness at work,

+park: limelight, blooming in front of others, stage, performing, great parties.

+mountain: obstacles overcome, obstacles won't last very long, obstacles that can be overcome in a short time. Just do it, close your eyes, breathe deep and jump, it's over before you blink.

+path: good decisions, great choices, someone chose you for something.
+mice: loss of luck, short-lived luck that amounted to nothing, worries.

+heart: ah, it must be love. The quickie that stuck around. veni, vidi, vici. joy of being in love. short courtship.

+ring: happy marriage, good work contract, good business deal.

+book: being quiet is a good thing for now, keeping secrets is the better choice. or, you'll soon find your answer, research will show results

+letter: good news

+lady and gent: good: is a lucky person, lucky angel for others, happy-go-lucky, witty the bad: player, gambler, speculates a lot, joker, makes fun of others, shallow, irresponsible, immature

+lilies: short-lived love affair, luck through family

+moon: health issues over, uplifted emotions, good dreams, happy memories

+key: luck is for sure
+fish: money gain, winning streak, addiction controlled
+anchor: good job prospects, promotion, recognition at work
+cross: no luck at all, or, end of negativity, time to move on.

Kara

Ok, :), I'll just continue my little self-conversation..
I don't think these meanings are written in stone, they are just what
works for me, most of the time, so I'd love input from others.

The Ship

+ House: a major move, being more away than at home, leaving home,
moving out

+Tree: long journey, deep unfulfilled longings
+Clouds: Passing problems, coming issues, travel with complications

+Snake: A woman from far away, foreigner, not native to the area. OR
a woman with a broad horizon, depth of mind. And that a woman
is travelling or will travel.

+Coffin: travel plans aborted, if there is travel not without serious
complications. a final journey, or a journey that brings an
end to a situation.

+Flowers: holiday, nice journey, the time that is passing is wonderful,
trip with friends, being welcomed at end of the journey,
bliss. happiness from the inside out. gift trip

+Scythe: short trip, sudden trip, surprise trip, weekend trip

+Whip: discussion about a trip, arguments on a trip, unsatis-
factory trip, OR, discussions that cut deep, deep seated
aggression surfacing, motives from deep inside

+Birds: excitement about a trip, worries on/about a trip, myriad
of things to take care of for a trip, also, further education
in the travel industry

+child: beginning of trip, small trip, summer camp, child is growing
up, developing own mind. child is separated from client, far
away. with house, child moving out( is one possibility)

+fox: false hopes for the trip, wrong time

+bear: trip that empowers you, gives strength(with negative cards
the opposite, draining journey)

+stars: spiritual healing, rare: astral travel, travelling north,
travelling in the winter(or to a cold place), travel that
brings knowledge

+stork: change, big change, move to a far away place

+ dog: trip with friends, long planned trip

+ tower: travelling alone, trip to be alone, travel to retreat
+ park: cruise, travel to a beautiful place

+mountain: frustrations getting a trip off the ground, travel to the
mountains, travel due to hardship=emigration, flight

+path: travel leading to new options, deciding where to go

+mice: losing things on the trip, being robbed, trip goes down the
drain.

+heart: honeymoon, travel with loved one, travel to favourite place

+ring: business travel(contracts), other cards are relevant here

+book: secret trip, trip that has something in store for you, also:
educational trip

+letter: travel ticket, letter from far away, news about trip

+lady/gent: foreigner, from far away, also: deep thinker, broad
horizons works in a maritime setting

+lilies: trip to or with family, got pregnant on the trip

+sun: self-explanatory

+moon: successful trip, also emotional trip, any kind of regression

+key: is happening for sure, booked and paid

+fish: expensive trip, also(believe it or not) drinking spree, weekend
binge

+anchor: business trip, work that is further away - travel to work

+cross: fateful trip, fate, destiny, trip for higher purpose

Moonbow

Thanks Kara

This must have taken you quite some time just to type out!

I initially thought it would be a nightmare trying to remember combinations of cards but in reading through them, alot seem like commonsense when you put the two cards together.

It's a case of keep using and practicing with spreads, I think.

I may be wrong, but in looking at the Titania meanings there doesn't seem to be so much emphasis on whether the card being read is close or far from the significator. This seems more important in reading the Lenormand... like a reversal in Tarot.

katie_here

Moonbow* said:
I may be wrong, but in looking at the Titania meanings there doesn't seem to be so much emphasis on whether the card being read is close or far from the significator. This seems more important in reading the Lenormand... like a reversal in Tarot.

I've felt this too!. When I've looked at the cards in combinations, some don't have a direct meaning together. Sometimes I think of making a meaning up, and sometimes I think maybe this means these cards are not significant anymore, because you can't put them together.

I know it didnt say so in the book, but now when I look at a seven card spread, I always think of the two outer cards as significant and the centre one. The centre giving the basis on what the reading is about, and the two outer ones, the final word so to speak.

There is another thing that has puzzled me about Titania meanings. The Man and Woman card. If the reading is for a woman, the woman card can indicate any woman that is important in her life, but if the man gets a man card, then it always indicates himself, never a man that is important in his life.

thanks Kara for all your hard work. I'm going to print these off and use them when I'm reading my cards, see what I make of them then!!

Kara

Hi Moonbow,

yes a lot of it is common sense, true, but I remember the first times I laid the Lenormand out, and I didn't understand a thing... It was all a bunch of pictures with no connection. But some books state different things for some of the combinations...so finding your own combinations is a must, as you all have probably already discussed.

I'd love to know other people's combinations, to also get a different angle on a combination - there is this other thread in the tarot forums, where someone by 'accident' discovered the queen of pents could also represent prostitution, and I thought that was so amazing, I mean that's not a take you read everyday..

The near/far thing, I let that go, reversals too... The near far meanings didn't resonate with me, so I don't use them, and that works for me too...
:))

As to making up meanings, do you think that is a bad thing? For clients obviously, but for friends or yourself, I don't think it's bad if you play around, maybe something will pop up?

FaeryGodmother

Hi Kara,

I tried to make a chart once with the combined meaning but the project just got too overwhelming for me, so I'm very impressed by you putting all your combinations here.

I have found that while two cards together make one combination (like rider and dog being news delivered in person) add another card and it changes/ evolves (like rider, dog, bear being important news delivered in person or maybe news delivered by an important person).Therefore when you get to seven cards the combinations are mindboggling. So for combinations I just go with one word for each card and make a sentence. Of course the exact word changes depending on other cards (like the owl goes from nervousness to excitement if its surrounded by positive cards).

All in all, even though it complicated it sure is fun. The thing I love most about the discussions with the draws is that I'm learning to expand my ideas of what the combinations can mean. Long live the Titania/Lenormand draws. :D
FGM

Moonbow

Kara said:
As to making up meanings, do you think that is a bad thing? For clients obviously, but for friends or yourself, I don't think it's bad if you play around, maybe something will pop up?

No, I don't believe it's a bad thing at all, in fact I think reaching the stage of being able to make up the meanings is probably when we become better readers. That's when the cards really start to talk to us.

Getting these discussions going is certainly opening up the cards for me. I'm very interested in other people's interpretations. FaeryGodmother's rider/dog combination for example - excellent stuff! :)

Kara

This is great! Thanks for all the input!

katie: how are you putting your stories together right now? And the cards, that don't really fit into the picture for you, what do you do now, just leave them out or make a story to it, like you felt like doing before?

Seven card combinations would be mindboggling, lol, I can see that. But that's a story already, isn't it? I think the two card combos serve well to learn the 'language' and to find a way of bringing your own impressions into interpreting the cards. Also, in the beginning when you have your layouts, and your mind boggles just looking at it, it's great if you have a combo to fall back on, to kind of nudge you in the (hopefully) right direction.

It's great to read the different methods people use to get a meaning, the last draw was great, I got over my online thing, and to read the different takes(and every single one different) was great! I can't read linear though, for me it's a three dimensional thing, so it doesn't matter which spread I use, sooner or later everything, every card ties in together into a picture/story. So, like in a seven card spread, the first and the last card tie in together too. So, I just let go and let the cards tell their story...

Like the last draw, the park-lady-tower..., the way I saw it was like this: the picture about her, was a lady in a garden, but also a lady - not in the tower, but she was the tower. Why she was not the park? Because the park represents other people, in a sense, which she can't be, she can only like or dislike. She can only be herself. But the park was next to her, so it was something she held close to her. So for me, she's extroverted, has many friends and social obligations and likes it. The tower didn't represent a person, but a situation (separation, coldness, arrogance, shutting out), so it was something she could be, she is probably pretty or in some way attractive, if you put the tower and park together(popular, social, 'arrogance',coolness) as descriptions of her...
Since it's one connected picture though, the park also tied in with the clouds and the ring, park and ring is usually a wedding (in my book), clouds worries, so worries about a wedding, etc.
For me, each card ties in through the ones to the left and right of it. Each is a center, and the cards left and right tell the story. Or above and below, diagonal. That's why it's all a 3d circle or ball(depending on spread) laid out in 2d so we can read it, like a map...you know? That's my method anyways. Not that I get 100% hits, but hey...:)

Kara

The House:

+Tree: longevity, stability
+Clouds: worries at home, passing isssues around home/house

+Snake: matriarch, real estate agent, with fish - mortgage counselor/investment advisor, etc.

+Coffin: end to a stable phase, changes in home life
+Flowers: small gathering of friends, feeling at home or welcome, merry spinster

+Scythe: arguments at home, abruptness, aggressiveness. *combined with child +lilies also(4 cards then)and surrounded by negativity, it can indicate sexual abuse as a child, or of current child*. this is an iffy one, and it did actually come up once for a client I had(without the lilies), there were several other cards in between, but I had a feeling they belonged together and asked around it, turned out physical abuse......I don't like going there with cards either, but I'll include it here anyways.

+Whip: with positive cards, a lively family discussion, or family that likes to discuss, with negative, arguments, arguments, arguments...

+Birds: worries about whatever is beside the house card
+Child: cottage, hut, child in the home
+Fox: falseness from someone at home, wrong house
+Bear: father, patriarch. draws support from family
+Stars: secure in spirituality, happy family
+Stork: changes ->whatever is next to the stork is what brings the change, next to house is what will change

+Dog: aboslute loyalty, someone you could trust blind. Stable as a rock.
+Tower: official building, absolute power emotional and otherwise. used for better or for worse.

+Park: Theater, house of entertainment, hotel, surrounding cards reveal more.

+Mountain: cold, harsh home. Rules and Regulations and no Recreation.
+Path: family based/influenced decision
+Mice: loss of home, eviction.
+Heart: lots of love at home, married couple that loves each other
+Ring: contract, lease, deeds, with fish and coffin could mean inheriting a house or real estate

+Book: secrets in the home
+Letter: info about or to home
+Lilie: harmony in the family
+Sun: wealthy, secure
+Moon: dreams about a home, attachment to home
+Key: feeling secure in the home, home is a good one, getting/going home for sure
+Fish: real estate, houses, financing, etc.
+Anchor: work to do at home, working from home
+Cross: Karma has to do with place(city,town, I guess country even) that you're living in