Chart for twins

Kaylee Marie

A friend of mine is expecting twin boys in June, so lately I've been wondering about the logistics of reading an astrological chart for twins (or for that matter, any number of people born at the same hospital minutes apart).
[Yes, I realize there will actually be two different charts since they'll be born a few minutes apart, but for all intents and purposes the two charts will essentially be identical.]

I found an old thread on AT from 2002, but mainly only twins' differences and the ideas of free will, karma, environment, identical vs fraternal eggs, etc were discussed.

What I want to know is whether anyone here has any experience reading for twins? What was it like? How do you differentiate the personality traits of each twin within the chart?

Already my friend has noticed that one baby is more active than the other. They could very well have different personalities. How would I recognize this within their charts???

Thanks,
Kaylee

moonspirit

hmmmmm

This is an interesting question. One that I've wondered about. I have 2 sets of younger twin siblings. The first set is twin boys(not identical) and the second set is a boy and a girl. They were born in close proximity to each other and when I generated their chart most of it was the same for each. If I'm recalling correctly the only difference was 1 planet happen to be in a different house than the other. This difference was in both sets. I expected many things to be different because they are nothing like each other! Especially my twin sister and brother. She is a social butterfly who has no problem meeting new people In fact I think she loves it. Her twin is the complete opposite he is painfully shy and introverted. I always wondered why when their charts are almost exactly the same!

dadsnook2000

What about twins

I have a nephew and neice that were born four minutes apart, the boy with a late Aries ascendant, the girl with a Taurus ascendant. The boy is quite, very hard working and capable with his hands and skills, is big on sports and takes of challenges in all areas of his life. The girl is taller, very social, likes to have fine things and is highly energized in working for those opportunities and things that she likes. Nothing stops her from achieving.

Do the differing ascendants constitute the variances in their approach to life? I don't think so. Their charts, like all twins, are almost exactly alike.

From all of the charts that I have done in over 30 years, it is my opinion that we choose to use portions of our charts and ignore other chart factors. This is why astrologers talk about "potentials" in the natal chart -- not certainties. Its only when we review a client's life and see what triggers events and development for him/her that we can make more accurate predictions and offer more in-depth issues to consider. I believe this also goes for twins.

However, for "astro-twins" -- individuals born with virtually identical charts who are in different locations and in different life environments -- I think it is often easier to find great parallels and similarities. This might also be true for twins seperated at birth. So, why are sibling twins often so different? That is the question! It may be that they choose different approaches so as to have their own individuality -- it is likely that both individuality and twinness are in conflict -- some balance it one way, others another way. Perhaps it is only when we are seperate that we feel free to pursue our "whole" chart.

What do you think? Dave.

isthmus nekoi

I agree w/Dave, I think differences in personality may be attributed to the twins filling in different spaces in a family unit. Sort of like how there's personality traits associated w/the eldest child, youngest child, only children - regardless of natal charts. Of course not everyone fits the mold, but there's a general trend in personality and birth order. By saying the twins would be exactly the same is ignoring the role of environment. That's like saying genes are everything when they're not - (some) twins are genetically identical but can be very different.

I teach two twins, don't have a birthtime but I think may have the same ASC. One has been told she is more musical than the other as well as better at school. Truth be told she gets better marks, but honestly, I watch them make the exact same mistakes musically in class and don't see that one is so much more talented or smarter than the other. It's almost as if they absorbed this fiction about the disparity b/w their abilities so that it is lived out.

Kaylee Marie

Yes, I agree with both of you. Two huge karmic lessons for twins is that of sharing and individuation. Twins are expected to share everything with each other, but all that sharing creates a need for individual boundaries.

I can easily see a set of twins divying up aspects of their astrological chart -- it's only natural, since dividing and sharing will be something they'll be doing for the rest of their lives. I guess I was asking whether there's anyway to tell ahead of time which twin would show which traits, but I suppose you can't really do that until they're older. Perhaps its something each set of twins has to decide for themselves, making it impossible to predict.

Dave, I hoped you enjoyed Hawaii (how could you not!!). I'm off to Texas tomorrow. See you cowboys & gals later!

~Kaylee

dadsnook2000

Hawii was a blast

Hawii was great -- no news, no tarot (well some), no astrology. Eating, touring, swimming, a little sleep, more eating -- that is what cruise ships are all about. The flight home killed me, three days later I'm still recovering from airplaneitis or something.

On another thread here in the astrology forum, isthmus nekoi made a comment about cultural issues holding sway to some degree over the mid-life crises. It is possible that some Hawiians could cruise through a Saturn return cycle or mid-life crises period and never know it. They are truly "laid back" and "loose." Dave.

Kaylee Marie

When I originally posted this question, I never dreamed that I'd become the mother of twins a year later! (And nearly to the day at that!!) My friend's twin boys now have two little girlfriends. We've told everyone the marriages are arranged, we just haven't decided who will marry whom. :laugh:

So does anyone want to take a shot at analyzing twin charts? I'll try to provide as much feedback as I can, but please understand if I don't respond immediately. Caring for two 10-week-old infants takes most of my time!!! Also, their personalities are beginning to emerge, but I obviously won't be able to confirm/refute all observations.

Here's their info:
April 20, 2006
Allison: 8:26 am; Mika: 8:27 am
Wilmington, DE, USA

This was an induced labor on April 18, and they were finally delivered by c-section after 30-some hours of labor. They really didn't want to be born yet! I think they wanted to wait until April 27, which has always been a lucky day for me. But they didn't have much choice in the matter. Their due date was May 5, so they were only two weeks early (which is actually right on tuime for twins). Not that any of this info affects the charts...

Here's my and my husband's info as well, if you care to compare.

Kaylee
June 28, 1978
4:56 am
Wilmington, DE, USA

Jason
December 15, 1976
5:49 pm
Wilmington, DE, USA

Looking forward to seeing what everybody has to say!!!

Cheers,
Kaylee

dadsnook2000

For Kaylee Marie

Well, last year we did go to Hawaii, tomorrow we leave for a cruise around Italay and other countries in the region for the next two weeks. So, I can't comment on the chart information given except to note that a one minute birth differerence will not make for any significant chart difference. Again, the twins are likely to work out which astrological, social and personality traits they want to follow. They might choose to share some and divide the other attributes, and whatever choices they make may change over time.

Astrology is like shooting an arrow from a bow. The chart tells you which way the arrow is pointing . . . but the length of the draw, the angle of the shot, the wind, the twist of the feathers all affect the flight of the arrow. Its only after watching the actual trajectory that you can tell for certain how the arrow will travel toward its target.

Enjoy the twins. Dave