Morgan Greer Study: 6 of Rods

Little Baron

This was one of my daily cards today and I must say that it always stumps me, so I thought I would start a thread.

I can see the 'six' as a calm, passive and good number. It has overcome problems.

I always see the wreath as victory, success and triumph.

The man looks complacent and victorious.

Surely there must be more to it than this! How would this card relate to a romantic situation? How can it translate to many situations? Are we just being told that we will succeed or can succeed? Is that the only message?

LB

Cascade

according to....

A proud man on a well-groomed horse. I don't know why the horse would be mentioned. The red ribbon indicates virtue and the laurel wreath is for victory. A virtous victory? Triumph after a struggle. In a relationship, maybe this is like, 'kiss and make up'.
One thing I did think about was the helmet. He must have used his head to achieve his victory. This was the person who resolved the conflict in the five. He used diplomacy and won his right to be the leader. I don't think this card indicates a love kind of relationship, but more a social one. For some reason he reminds me of the Charioteer.

Little Baron

I see what you mean about the Charioteer (trump 7). He is kind of like a 'mini' version, in the same way that the '10 of Swords' could be like a mini-Death. Comparing the two, The Charioteer (7) looks a little more forceful than the one riding the horse in the 6 of Rods. He is directing the horses into battle, where I asume the other is being brought back after a successful one. There isn't as much movement - maybe because the 6 is passive and feminine, and the 7 is active and masculine. The 7 is achieving and the 6 has achieved, feeling complacent with his victory.

In a relationship, I suppose it could be a relationship that still works after a troubled time; passion that is still consistant and steady after a long period of time. Because the 7 shakes things up again, I wonder if comparing the 6 of Rods to trump 6 (the Lovers) is suggesting that to carry on, choice must be made - a new direction, some spice or a shake up is needed to keep the fire burning and not let things become stuffy and monotonous.

Thanks for everyone's insights so far. I must admit that in the whole deck, this is one of my least favourites. It just feels flatter than the others and I get so much less than I do from the other 77.

Best,
LB

Grizabella

My attention has been drawn to the soft, limpid eyes of the horse in this card. It seems to be looking right at you and seems so peaceful and loving.

All the faces of the humans in the MG seem so unexpressive, blank, stoic and poker-faced that I have lots of trouble getting anything from them, but this horse is very expressive. I haven't decided what it means yet, though.

Rede Seeker

The Victor's Eyes are Hidden

The Man's eyes are in deep shade created by his helmet. We can't see into the mirror of his Soul. We don't know what this victory cost him.

His helmet has the mane/plume similar to the Four of Swords. Interesting that this mane is full and free to flutter in the air, but the horse's mane has been cropped.

We don't see much of the man. His cloak covers his body - he could be wearing armor or a light tunic underneath. A gloved hand holds the Victor's staff and wreath. He is a mature male (able to grow a mustache).

Who is holding the staffs behind the Victor? We don't see them. They could be greatful townsfolk or soldiers. If this is a victory parade, our man's face doesn't reflect it.