- Nurturer (Queen) Wands: Baron Samedi
- Nurturer (Queen) Cups: Will Shakespeare
- Three Cups: Pan, Dionysus, and Bacchus
- Four Coins: The Selfish Giant
- Seven Coins: John Barleycorn.

Enjoy!

Kiama

firemaiden

Wow, Kiama, what a wonderful concept. I really enjoyed looking at the cards! It is amazing the amount of work and creativity that has gone into this. One of my favorite cards in this deck is the Wheel of Fortune. Really really clever. As I write this I realise your deck is not just Gods, but Gods and heroes. I like the inclusion of the heroes - (hero with a thousand faces?) it makes the deck very very rich.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Kiama

firemaiden said:
As I write this I realise your deck is not just Gods, but Gods and heroes. I like the inclusion of the heroes - (hero with a thousand faces?) it makes the deck very very rich.

Yes, we have extended the 'God' bit in the Tarot deck to include heroes, historical figures (such as Casanova and Genghis Khan), and legendary/folklore figures. This is because we felt that the archetypes expressed in the cards are also expressed not only in the stories of Gods but also in the stories of men and heroes... There is such a rich wealth of meaning in the stories of historical figures and folklore figures that it felt wrong to ignore it. And of course, sometimes the line between what is a God and what is not is hard to draw even in myths: for instance, Irish mythology we would consider as containing the stories of Gods, but the people who the myths belonged to didn't seem to share that view - these characters were men who did amazing things. Sometimes, centuries later, these heroic men became Gods in the minds of people (such as Lugh Samildanach).

It's a very interesting deck to be making precisely because of this - we are learning so much more about myths than we ever thought possible (and yes, Joseph Campbell is playing a big part in the theory side of the deck.)

Thanks for your comments!

Blessings,

Kiama

inanna_tarot

Blimey how did I miss this thread?! Not been paying attention recently, silly sezo!
Just wanted to say that the originals look even better than the scans hehe.
I love the New Aeon! hehe and when I thought King/Master of Wands I knew you would be getting flustered over Casanova again!
I think I will need two copies, one to read and one for my altar especially alchemy, new aeon, Justice - all the typical Libra faves. I even like the Lovers card and that usually a card I dislike as it gets sappy or completely missing the point.
I wonder if some God Tarot t-shirts or big posters could be around some time, like Monolith Graphics do. I would be proud to wear it :D

Well done Kim and Nic! Be very proud and keep working on it, I wont be happy till I have a couple of signed copies hehe.

Oodles of love
Sezo
x

Kiama

inanna_tarot said:
I think I will need two copies, one to read and one for my altar especially alchemy, new aeon, Justice - all the typical Libra faves.

Funny you should mention altars... I've been printing out the cards we've created so far on big, A4 paper and using them for magical work and altar decoration (Lugh Samildanach from III The Creative is currently gracing my Lughnassadh altar) and I've found them to be great for this purpose. We've tried to include symbols of each God/figure in the cards (such as the veve of each Vodou God where applicable, or runes or Ogham...) so that they can be used for magical work such as pathworking, deity assumption, etc.

II Inner Wisdom was used Friday night for an Odin Blot and pathworking; VI The Lovers has been used for personal spiritual work between myself and my other half (obviously - since we posed for the card!); I've also had the cards appearing in dreams.

This deck is becoming more than just Tarot for both myself and Nic. It's seeping into every aspect of our lives, but especially our magical and spiritual lives... And the coincidences that are occurring are scary! The other day I was planning the chapter for XIX The Sun (Mithras) and I almost had a complete spiritual breakdown because my mind started questioning my entire view of the Gods... There were just too many weird coincidences for the Gods to exist as subsections of the human psyche (as I have been wont to believe up til now)... It's hard to describe (and it would take to long to do so) everything that has happened, but it has certainly turned my theological world upside down and smashed it to the ground several times.

So, all in all, it's been a blast so far, and looks to be continuing like that... :D

Kiama

Kiama

Okay folks, UPDATE!!!

New on the God Tarot website are:

- 6 of Swords: Agwe (Vodou)
- 4 of Swords: San Galgano (Italian Saint)
- 3 of Swords: Hyacinth, Zephyr, and Apollo (Greek)
- Master of Coins: Veles (Salvic)
- 9 of Swords: Shigidi (Yoruba) You might have issues viewing this card however; it's being fixed I promise!

Also, Quester of Coins (Robin Hood) has been redrawn.

We've sent our proposal to Llewellyn, so watch this space and cross your fingers!

Next up, Four of Wands (Agni); Master of Cups (Enki); and 6 of Cups (Peter Pan.)

Kiama

catlin

Great!

Great project!

Hope it will be accepted and be soon in print.

Myrrha

Kiama, great job! This it is very substantial and clearly much thought has gone into it. I loved that you used Zarathustra, and other heroic and historical figures who aren't usually what we think of as "gods" very original.

--Myrrha

euripides

nice, but too Patriarchal for me

nuturers all male? An Emperor, but no Empress? I can't see myself ever reading from a deck like this, which is a pity, as some aspects of the mythology are nice. Where is the fertility and warmth? Its odd, taking the Judaeo-Christian hatred of the Female principle and putting it onto the more balanced Pantheons of other cultures.

some nice things, but not for me.

good luck with it, anyhow.

Euri

inanna_tarot

Can the God not be a loving and caring Father?
If you think the deck is about the hatred of the feminine principle then you havent read the thread or the website carefully enough. I suggest you take another look,

Sezo
x