*Combining Tarot and Oracle

Valerieb66

Hi :)

How do you/or would you combine your tarot readings with Oracle cards?
Any way you use regularly? Any thoughts/ideas about this are much appreciated!

Kahlie

Yes, I do combine Tarot and Oracle.
I'm only the proud owner of 2 Oracle Sets, and I am hoping to be able to afford my third soon.

I use my Good Witch/Bad Witch Oracle together with any set of Tarot Cards, using them to see external influences by every Card in the Reading. Or environment. Usually this is not necessary for most Readings, but some of my clients appriciate it, and after experimenting with it, I do find they give a very complete feel to the Reading. Hence me starting to sell Mixed Tarot/Oracle Readings.

I use my Chuck Spezzano Love Pack cards together with any set of Tarot Cards. Usually I either put one Card by each Tarot Card, like the witches, for gifts you can receive, or problems that need to be resolved. It is especially challenging to incorporate them together. =)
Sometimes I add a few Tarot Cards to my Love Pack Reading. (Direction to take, Combined Advice), because Chuck Spezzano's Love Pack is not so very equipped to do that.
Sometimes I add some Love Pack Cards to my Love Tarot Reading. (Problem to solve, Gift to be had), because they show a very deep understanding of human nature and how we can mess up relationships.

I never post examples of my Tarot/Oracle Readings on my website, but I have done a few combined Readings here on ATF, so you could see those. Beside that, I'm also selling Combined Readings on Ebay.

Hope this answers your Question,

Kahlie

TemperanceAngel

Hello :)

I love to combine the two. Tarot for me will always be my love and my tool that I use. But at the end of a reading I ask my client to draw six Healing With the Angels Oracle cards (Doreen Virtue).

I like to call them "confirmation cards." I place them facing my client so they can see the image and the word, which confirms a lot of what I have said in the reading and is then great for them to see the positive possibilities.

For me, the two (Oracle and Tarot) are very different and both powerful in their own way.

There's probably more, but that seems apt for the moment.

Valerieb66

Why use oracle?

Thank you for your posts, Kahlie and Temperanceangel!

So I can conclude that you use oracle cards to confirm a reading..? What if the oracle cards show complete other/different 'meanings' than the tarot reading had said?

I don't own a oracle card set yet, but i'd like to. I'm just figuring out what the 'plus side' and what it can 'add' to a normal tarot reading (i'm new to oracle ;-) )

Thanks

Kahlie

Valerieb66 said:
So I can conclude that you use oracle cards to confirm a reading..? What if the oracle cards show complete other/different 'meanings' than the tarot reading had said?

No. I do not use it too confirm. I use it to add depth to the Reading. Oracle and Tarot both have their strong and weak points.
It depends on the type of Oracle what kind of strong points they have.

For Example:
The Love Pack from Chuck, is good for confronting bad behaviour and finding positive ways to deal with problems in a Love Setting. As a weak point, it does not do anything in a non-love or non-relationship setting. (money etc. etc.)
Suppose during the Reading, it's clear the person before me, is very pre-occopied with the monetary means, which is one of the reasons they search for a spouse... out come the Tarot Cards ;)
Suppose we finish the Love Pack Reading, but the Client wants a bit more direction on how to proceed... The Love Pack having only Problems and Gifts, doesn't give that much direction. Out come the Tarot Cards ;)

If I already start a mixed Reading with the Client, it is because:
1) I know a Mixed Reading will give better results, having both Decks supplement each other.
2) I know the issue is difficult for the client, and environment or subconscious issues must be addressed.
3) I know the issue is difficult, and all extra help is welcome.

It depends for each Oracle Deck what it's strenghts are. Many Oracle Decks are specific in purpose. (Mostly Love)
But even Froud's Faerie Oracle (which I'm dying to own) has it's limitations. The Faeries show the question in their own unique way, and give a lot to interpretation, but not to solid, down to earth, easy advice.

Just as my normal Tarot deck might have limitations, because as behaviour patterns, the Love Pack from a psychologist will give much better results.

So if you are looking for an Oracle Deck, ask yourself why, and what do you wish to use it for?

Kahlie

Emeraldgirl

I use Oracle cards to add a deeper insight to a tarot reading. e.g. the tarot spread is completed and read I then pull a couple of Oracle cards for anything else I need to know and further advice. They can work very well together.

Tk2dsky

Lately when I do a reading with tarot cards, I will pull what I call helper cards from my oracles. One might be an angelic helper to call on when needed to work on whatever the reading has told, and the other might be a Goddess or even a fairy energy to call on. On all occassions the oracle cards that have been pulled fit so well into the reading that it also acts as confirmation. In this way the querent has an energy to focus on or pray to, manifest with...etc. after the reading.

I have the Crystal Ally cards, which I have not used yet...I am thinking that I could use them to suggest what stones may be of use. (even though these cards can stand on their own in a reading)
B*B
Ericka

Elven

Hi Valerieb66 :)

I love reading Tarot and Oracle together! :) They compliment each other! :)

The question will give me an indication of what deck to choose to start the reading. Sometimes (depending which is used first - Oracle or Tarot), I will use, or be guided to choose, the second deck which talks to the first! LOL!!

Oracle and Oracle combinations work well also! :)

There have been some great threads on this in the Oracle reading section and the Oracle study group section, as well as in the Talking Tarot and Your Readings section.

The main Oracle I use has 360 different draws available - I find it a great basis for springboarding readings, I have been using it with Tarot for many years. Works a treat!! :)

Experiment and have fun!! Its really enjoyable and enlightening!

When you get your Oracle - come and try it out in the weekly Soul Gathering Reading Thread (Oracle readings section). You can pm Purple-scorp or myself if you'd like to join up, or just look for the sign-up thread on Tuesday and throw your name in the ring!!

Many Blessings
Elven x

Sophie

I find Tarot and Oracle complement each other very well. One of my favourite oracles for use with Tarot is the Sabian Symbols (the one Elven referred to) - which give short written symbols. I often find that my tarot & oracle draws flow into each other, not only reinforcing each other, but giving new ways of thinking about this card or that symbol.

For the same reasons as above, I like to combine Tarot with poetry, which I might select in an oracular way - that is, by random selection.