the bodach

Emelya

i am quite familiar with the bodacious bodach in his role as meddler/not-so-helpful fixer but lately i've been drawing him and this interpretation neither makes sense nor feels right. i think the bodach has another side. so i ask...what's up with that bodach? what does he say to you beyond the textual interpretation? is he a little misunderstood? perhaps he really does get up to some good!

to me his expression seems almost nervous. of course he may be nervous of getting caught tampering but i think he also looks a little shy and unsure of himself. he looks a little like a dog whose been shamed, slinking away feeling guilty yet indignant.

i think this bodach is telling me that the people in the situation i've been reading about are shy of each other and a little ashamed of their feelings and actions. they would do better to put things up front but it's just not working out that way. instead they slink around trying to improve things without the other noticing because they are afraid and wish to be cautious.

what does that bodach say to you?

WhiteRaven

Emelya said:
i am quite familiar with the bodacious bodach in his role as meddler/not-so-helpful fixer but lately i've been drawing him and this interpretation neither makes sense nor feels right. i think the bodach has another side. so i ask...what's up with that bodach? what does he say to you beyond the textual interpretation? is he a little misunderstood? perhaps he really does get up to some good!

to me his expression seems almost nervous. of course he may be nervous of getting caught tampering but i think he also looks a little shy and unsure of himself. he looks a little like a dog whose been shamed, slinking away feeling guilty yet indignant.

i think this bodach is telling me that the people in the situation i've been reading about are shy of each other and a little ashamed of their feelings and actions. they would do better to put things up front but it's just not working out that way. instead they slink around trying to improve things without the other noticing because they are afraid and wish to be cautious.

what does that bodach say to you?

First off, I like your impressions of Bodach!

I've pulled him a few times recently. Sometimes it was for my own personal reading, which, did very much coincide with the meddling aspect. However, there is one time that your impression seems to make more sense to the situation.

I have done a reading recently in the Faeries Circle where Bodach came up in a very unusual position and I struggled with him for quite some time. But, in the end I found that he was telling me to relay the message to "allow" other's to get involved in the person's life....that this was something that would help the situation that was being discussed in the reading. So, sometimes Bodach is saying to either get involved....or "meddle" as the author puts it....and/or let those around you get involved in whatever you're doing....allow them to help out.

Again, thank you for posting your impressions...they make a lot of sense and will help me on my path with this beautiful Oracle. :)

Logiatrix

I agree with Whiteraven; I read this card much the same way. Primarily, this member of the Faeries Oracle teaches me that sometimes meddling is good.

When I first read about the Buttinsky Bodach, I thought of the few people I know who strongly share that personality trait, and I was surprised to see myself, as well. But then, that's how it is with the faeries, isn't it?

I'm more of a mind-your-own business type, and I try to stay out of other people's business, too. However, this card reminded me that I am not without error; I've gone too far with my meddling, and I've been soundly corrected. I've also been thanked for getting involved in other situations, so that got me thinking that this is not an "all bad" kind of card, either.

I recalled how thankful I was to a co-worker for telling our supervisor about how a client was treating me. I hadn't thought of taking any further action beyond venting to my co-worker, but she took it upon herself to report the incident without telling me. In the end, it turned out that I wasn't the only person to fall prey to this client, yet none of us had said anything until my officemate stepped in and "meddled" a bit. The whole thing definitely merited a little Bodacious Bodach action, or else it would have gone on unreported.

The Bodach may not seem especially efficient or refined in his modus operandi, but I do believe that he can be a catalyst for positive change.
I think he just seems like such an unhelpful meddler simply because he doesn't necessarily do what we want, in our way, or in our timing. He often comes up when the querent is very stubborn about a certain issue; he nervously appears to signify a completely different perspective, though he knows he'll probably be slapped away for butting in.

When I see the Bodacious Bodach in a reading, I look for unlikely allies around the situation; perhaps there's someone I'm not seeing who simply wants to help. I am also encouraged to look at completely different takes on the issue, or I could see it as a warning that I may be shutting out someone who has a better point of view.
:)

Emelya

thank you WhiteRaven and Logiatrix. I really do think I know why the bodach is hanging around this situation now. at first i was so upset to see him. i immediately assumed he indicated a negative third party trying to meddle in an already complicated situation. i've come to realise this isn't the case at all. i think he's saying one person really wants to be more involved but is a little afraid and unsure. the other wants that person involved but doesn't want to put pressure and so also slinks round slyly trying to make the other welcome, but not too welcome because he might be scared away! oh these two bodachs! if only they would stop slinking around and really talk to each other! (arval has been hanging about too). but it's not that easy (i am one of those bodachs). still i am so glad to understand all this finally because now it seems so simple. i had such a bad view of the bodach before that i did not give him a chance to tell me why he was here! well now i know and i do appreciate his (mine, the other bodacious persons) efforts!