The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman

Cerulean

Hello Phoenix Rising--your meanings were on par with another system

Phoenix Rising
Citizen

Phoenix Rising said...
I'm finding the PP method to be very interesting and quite accurate, especially after relating the cards to an event after it's happened. for eg:

8 party, celebration, group gathering
J young youth with brown/hazel eyes, brown hair
4 a setback, misfortune.
This relates to my son who plays in a rugby team (8) but he doesn't want to play at the moment, not knowing the team very well and not too confident (4)

Look forward to hearing more insights..PR

Cerulean says: I was looking at comparing the 54 playing cards (2 extra for consultants male and female) in the system for the Le Grand Jeu de Mlle Leonormand.

8 of Hearts
Jack of Clubs
4 of Clubs

8 of Hearts is Long Awaited Success arrives at last or departure of a rival
Jack of Clubs is a gallant young man or you need time to achieve your aim in this instance 4 of Clubs is a vain young woman or you will not achieve your aim...according to the Astro LeNormand and my take on what it means...

Actually, this overall means to me is a setting of the situation--where someone is shy of success at the moment, needing time and skill to practise in order to get good or work with the team setting...hope that gives an alternative that makes sense.

Thank you for posting the detail on the Cortiz decks and system...I've been playing with different playing card systems...you reminded me of the Astro Lenormand! I also had bought separately the book called Cards of Destiny with a 52-card-week correspondence and using one of the funny old reprints of a Transformation deck for fun...but it's not as fun as using a deck that actually was made to be read with a system for divination and reading cards...I'm also tempted, but have been wanted to get into the LeNormand Astro-Mythological for ages...and now it seems this is fun for me.

I'm afraid since I started working with Latin-suited decks, I'm more inclined to do cross correspondences that will appear in certain Italian tarocchi decks whre it is more likely hearts and cups and water; then diamonds and coins and earth. But I notice I have some ease in seeing others do something else...for me, wands, batons clubs and either air or fire can work... or spades and swords and either fire or air, depending on the circumstance.

Thanks for the detail...

Cerulean

P.S. This deck looks like the perfect fit for my Halloween ideas for a pseudo, card-carrying Renais-sauced-wench (she has short sleeves and loose hair, must be a saucy Silk Roadie--although well-covered in the collar and skirts!)

Phoenix Rising

Cerulean said:
Phoenix Rising
Citizen

Phoenix Rising said...
I'm finding the PP method to be very interesting and quite accurate, especially after relating the cards to an event after it's happened. for eg:

8 party, celebration, group gathering
J young youth with brown/hazel eyes, brown hair
4 a setback, misfortune.
This relates to my son who plays in a rugby team (8) but he doesn't want to play at the moment, not knowing the team very well and not too confident (4)

Look forward to hearing more insights..PR

Hi Cerulean,

Gosh that was a while ago...I just realised that I've been using the PP method for nearly a year now..and have thoroughly enjoyed learning from it. Deborah Leigh the author and teacher of the method, book "Personal Prophecy: creating your reality" has become a very good friend of mine, we have corresponded all this time, she has made me, her representative for the down under in her method, she has promised to come to NZ and work with me, or rather I'll be working with her, in workshops and help promote her second book "The message" She is very dedicated in teaching her method that has bought healing to many lives...She is a lovely genuine woman.

Satori

Hi folks,
This set is new for me and I was looking for other people using the system. Was glad to find this thread, and wondered how people are doing with the deck.

The artwork is very interesting and the book is pretty readable. I have never read with playing cards so this is a whole new learning adventure, but I admit the beauty of the deck makes it rather fun. I am still green enough not to know what the geomantic thing is that you are talking about, but I did see that the author makes little doodles out of the layout of the suit assignations/numbers. That must be part of it...?

Anyway, I admit that I like having a new toy, and I like what I've read so far both in the book and here. I'll be eager to hear if others are continuing with the study, and how you are doing with your decks.

Teacups

Hello, I would like to bring up this thread again, having just received the book today, (already had the deck) and also, I know that 6HD loves this particular divination system... it would be so nice if the parties who started this thread would contribute their findings after learning it (or not? if so, why not?) and using it for awhile. pretty please :)

Le Fanu

Im a huge fan of this deck. As is Marina. 6HD hasn´t been around for a while (hope everything´s ok).

The book is essential, and I find that the cards are so receptive to opening up intuitive meanings. I don´t really know what else to say, except that I love them. It´s the Oracle system which has most grabbed me. I know somebody (forget who) says they work well together with the Bohemian Gothic.

Im so impressed with this system; it really holds together well. The whole Playing Card for divination history is excellently researched and argued.

Aerin

I find this so interesting, because I only had the set for about a week when I sent it on its way to a more appreciative audience.

Which fortunately was very appreciative.

I really, really wanted to like it but the art did nothing for me and the system was just so... systemy.

I'm sure it is good and in a way glad that I could stamp 'not for me' and move on. But I'm just curious.... am I the only person in the whole wide (Aeclectic) world to just go 'ugh'?

Aerin

Le Fanu

I remember you didnt like it. Life´s like that.... I can understand why people don´t like it, I think.

But fortunately, there are decks for every taste! :)

SolSionnach

Aerin,
No, you aren't the only one. It looks like a big 'ugh' to me, too! Definitely not worth the paper it's printed on to me yadda yadda. That being said, I could see using the system with a regular playing card deck. :)

MareSaturni

Aerin, sravana, i think there's not wrong wth not liking the Playing Cards Oracles. It's really a matter of personal tastes. For me, was the only playing cards system that made sense.

Like Le Fanu said, i'm ahuge fan of this system! I'm always lerning more from it! I remember 6HD also liking it a lot, back then we were the only people who liked this system. For me, it's actually a very underrated deck & book!

I know it takes a while to accept that Spades are earth, not air, Clubs are air and Diamonds are fire. Heh. But one gets used to it!

Satori, i'd love to have more people to discuss, maybe even practice with! I've done a few reading with it...and i must say, some were these reading that made no sense when i did them, but later they are spot on!

The geomancy part is great, but takes a while for you to see the beauty of it. First, it can be really confusing! Read the book slowly, practice one thing at a time. The book has LOTS of information, it's eant to be taken in small doses. I have read it thee times from cover to cover already. I just like the way Ana Cortez writes!

I just feel bad for not having anyone to practice this deck with. I'm a beginner too, and reading for myself only is not fun, not even interesting sometimes. And i don't have the courage to read for others, afraid of making many mistakes. :(

But yes, it's a deck i like a lot!

Le Fanu

Good advice about reading the book slowly. As I read this book, I was so acutely aware that I really wanted to internalise this system and really get inside it. "This one´s worth it", I kept thinking. And every few months, I go back, pick the book up again, and dive into it again, reading the important bits, refreshing my memory.

The bit about Islamic derivitive cards being used post-Renaissance for divination, is really convincing!

I use this deck in a way which I don´t think is in the book, but which I use a lot. I don´t know if I invented it, or I read it here, or whether a variation of it is actually in the book... My mobile phone has a calendar which has the weeks of the year and Ive taken to using the Playing Card Oracles for a weekly draw. I shuffle well, and if I look at my mobile for this forthcoming week, it says this forthcoming week is week 32, so I count off the cards up to 32 and get my card for the week! I can also see "blocked" influences either side...