The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman

silverwings94

I was at my metaphysical shop this morning and they had the cards there for $10.00. No book just the cards.
I was shocked to see them there.

strings of life

silverwings94 said:
I was at my metaphysical shop this morning and they had the cards there for $10.00. No book just the cards.
I was shocked to see them there.
I really can't wait to get them!

Which store if you don't mind me asking? I live in NJ, but work in NYC...

silverwings94

It was in Rochester, NY. Upstate fron NYC. I did notice that mine have a white border around the back of the cards and on the video Ana's have no white border, I wonder why they are that different.

aurarcana said:
I really can't wait to get them!

Which store if you don't mind me asking? I live in NJ, but work in NYC...

lark

silverwings94 said:
It was in Rochester, NY. Upstate fron NYC. I did notice that mine have a white border around the back of the cards and on the video Ana's have no white border, I wonder why they are that different.
Ana has the original first printing of the deck before US Games printed it.
The original was published by Two Sisters Press.

Satori

I saw this conversation and wanted to say this book is sitting here next to me at the computer. I refer to it a lot, I just find it interesting to look at, and I always learn something when I do pick it up. As for Lady Ladoux, I never thought that she was a device, not real. And it doesn't bother me at all if she is fictional. Some of my favorite people aren't real!!!! (For example, the Dashwood girls. I just love them.)

Thanks for the links to Ana on YouTube. Interesting to watch her doing her thing with the cards. I find that when I watch other psychics work I always pick up a tip or two on using a system or freeing up the old noggin and seeing how to work in a new way.

For those of you using the system often, do you always do the columns of cards that Ana teaches in the book, or do you do other spreads? Sort of curious.

Just watched Ana's BP reading and I really think she is great with the deck! I'd definitely love to do a workshop with her some day. I saw a workshop she was giving a couple of years ago and it was in Calif. and expensive, at least for me then, and perhaps even now.

I am embarassed to admit I can't find my deck....LOL. I've been carting the book around and reading it at odd hours here and there...and where are the dang cards???? ugh. I hate when I can't lay my hands on a deck.

lark

Satori said:
For those of you using the system often, do you always do the columns of cards that Ana teaches in the book, or do you do other spreads? Sort of curious.
Hi Satori
I use the Lost Man Spread when I want to just see what the energies are around something because you can charge a middle card if you want to for other things besides just people.
Like you could do a health spread with the 7 of hearts as your lost man.
I've used the Tower 6 diamonds for a reading for someone about a loan at their bank.
So you can do a lot with that spread.
I like the Bridge spread alot for general questions.
And I pull a 4 card present moment spread every morning.
I really don't use the Cat Spread very much...only if I have a question where I need to see into a future date.

Today I spent a large hunk of the day in the emergency room because my feet got burnt with boiling water.
And I was just looking at my cards for the day...
And in the Torso positon is Fortuna 10 Clubs
And in the Foot positon 3 Spades The Grave
And it just occured to me that Fortuna looks just like I must have looked leaping around the kitchen with my burnt toes...
and the Grave is (a burdened carried) and since I can't wear shoes or walk much I sure am going to be a little bit of a burden to myself and hubby for the next few days.
Not to mention that Fortuna is a bit of a scatter brain and exactly how I acted to get my toes burnt in the first palce.
So not to say all this to get any sympathy...but I do find these cards to be very satisfying as far as predicting events go.

Satori

Oh my gosh Lark, sending some loving energy and healing your way honey. I myself like to read some cards pretty literally, so to hear you say that about Fortuna was interesting.

I was cooking today barefoot as well! Hope whatever it was turned out yummy. Must have been pasta??? Potatos?

Thanks for those tips, I do love the deck and have decided it is time to clean out and organize my Tarot cabinet. So tomorrow I'll be hunting down my PCO deck. It is one I use and I have no idea what I did with it. Gotta find it though.

I see that you are sort of interchanging the ideas you learned with Sylvie to this system as well, which is great. Charging cards.

Recently I was reading the Lost Man spread to another reader friend of mine who has a similar spread that he does. He had taught me the method of finding a card in the deck, and looking at what is around that card as the reading environment and to see in in Ana's book was fascinating. I sometimes do something similar in my junk readings. Charge a symbol and if it turns up in the cast we go from there....

Anyway, thinking of you, and sending you a blast of loving energy...

:*

lark

Oh thank you honey...I've been "two pointing" them and I can honestly say I have no pain right now ...so that's good.
Yes "charging" cards or giving them an "intention" I guess.
If you look through the deck you can pretty much find a card for most situations.
I'm bare foot most of the time and I was pouring water in a glass jar to make tea and the water was too hot and burst the jar....I told you it was scatterbrained on my part..very Fortuna of me. :)

lark

Come to think of it the Lost Man spread and the Lenormand- Silvie No Lay Out are very similar aren't they.

MareSaturni

Satori said:
IFor those of you using the system often, do you always do the columns of cards that Ana teaches in the book, or do you do other spreads? Sort of curious.

I use other spreads once in a while, but I really like the 4-card spread taught by Ana. I also like the "The Bridge" spread, and now the Lost Man - after Ana's video I finally understood how it really works (I used it in the past but could never make it make sense!).

lark said:
Today I spent a large hunk of the day in the emergency room because my feet got burnt with boiling water.
And I was just looking at my cards for the day...
And in the Torso positon is Fortuna 10 Clubs
And in the Foot positon 3 Spades The Grave
And it just occured to me that Fortuna looks just like I must have looked leaping around the kitchen with my burnt toes...
and the Grave is (a burdened carried) and since I can't wear shoes or walk much I sure am going to be a little bit of a burden to myself and hubby for the next few days.
Not to mention that Fortuna is a bit of a scatter brain and exactly how I acted to get my toes burnt in the first palce.
So not to say all this to get any sympathy...but I do find these cards to be very satisfying as far as predicting events go.

Wow Lark, this is horrible! :(
I too find these cards good for predicting events. I remember that in the beginning of the year I did a love-reading for my mother (who is single), and it pointed out that about this time she'd unexpectedly meet a man of interest. However, he wouldn't be exactly the sort of man she is looking for, in fact he'd be very different of her "dream man".

And she just did -- during a trip with a friend she met this man who is not physically attracttive to her, but has other qualities she likes. She's still unsure though.

I really like how the PCO "speaks" to me, it's by far my favorite deck! :love:

lark said:
Come to think of it the Lost Man spread and the Lenormand- Silvie No Lay Out are very similar aren't they.

I don't know this method of reading with the Lenormand :eek:.
Then again, I'm not a great Lenormand reading, I'm still learning my way... ;)