~ The Three Lovers

Angel Star

Thanks Jewel in fact I just pulled the lovers card today. I prefer to keep all three lovers as I don't see them as different facets of sexuality when i use this deck. The 2 women showed up and for me it tells me I need to love the feminine side of myself more. This is my enterpretation of the card. If the 2 men came up I would probably feel that the card was telling me to get in touch more with my male side big time! Just a thought to share on the 3 versions, and if the regular lovers showed up I would think ok things are pretty equal here or I need to think of dear hubby a bit. LOL! Thanks for your warm welcome take care

Jewel

Sorry I did not see this earlier!

Hi Angel Star! I am so glad you are studying with us! Maybe it will get our lazy butts in gear *LOL*. I just love this deck! Personally I only use one Lovers card but that is because I like 78 cards ... call me old fashioned *ROFLMAO*. I do not solely interpret the Lovers card as romance either. I love your interpretation of male/female/balanced sides of self being reflected in the three cards. I had never thought of that. I usually see the Lovers card as partnership (business or romantic), friendship, and sometimes even somwhat of an illusion/deceipt depending on surrounding cards and the question at hand. We shold continue this discussion in the Lovers card thread! Please do post your comments on the cards as you get to them, you will see that it will regenerate discussion from us :)

kayne

Angel Star and Jewel, I split this thread so we could continue this discussion on how we deal with the three Lovers cards as well as anything else you would like to mention about those cards.

Jewel

Thanks Kayne! Anway we can attach this to the Lover's card discussion we had started earlier? Just an idea to keep all the Lovers stuff together.

DarkElectric

I really dig a couple of things about the three lovers cards. First of all, is it not the first deck to portray same sex couples? I am so glad that gay lovers are depicted with the same dignity and validity as heterosexuals. The cards exemplify the beauty of love, as well as the issue of choice, which is also a traditional meaning of the lovers card. Who one loves is a choice, as well as concommitant lifestyle, and the challenges that go with it. I also really like the way these cards make it a deck for everybody. When reading for gay male friends, I use the male lovers card. It gives a deeper meaning to a romance reading for a gay man, he realises that this relates to him. With my lesbian friends, the female lovers, for the same reason. I think the three lovers cards truly enable me to personalise my readings in a way that can be related to well by just about everyone I know. I really love this deck a lot, and am glad there is a study group for it!

kayne

Very well said DarkElectiric!
Thanks for joining the group :D

Jewel

Dark Electric I agree with you 100%. The CT is also my favorite deck, this deck really speaks to me. To me this is trully a deck of the 21st century, one that captures archetypes we can easily identify with. This deck has and continues to be a true joy to work with and really easy to use.

One of the elements I like the most about the Lovers card is the pair of eyes in the background watching over them. To me it reinforces the conscious choice and commitment.

Angel Star

Hi all so much has changed on the forum that I lost track of this thread and was wondering what had happened to the lover discussion. This summer was very busy for me and I did not get on line much with my kids home and everyone fighting for the use of the computer. I had no idea the thread was split into a separate one at all. I appreciate everyones comment on the use of the 3 lovers cards. I have kind of been real lazy about doing tarot lately but hopefully getting back in touch with the forum I will get off my lazy butt. Take care all.

kayne

GREAT to have you back Angel Star - I look forward to your input! :D

Angel Star

I will be throwing down some cards this morning as soon as I sign off. I really need the Cosmic Tribes uplifting look and feel of at this time. I have been so stagnat lately. The hangman showing up big time in my readings. Hopefully I will not see it today.