Celestial Tarot - The Empress (Venus)

MareSaturni

Hey everyone...i was away for a week, but now i'm back. I took this deck with me during my trip, and was able to study the images a bit further ;)

III - THE EMPRESS ~ VENUS ~

This card shows us a beautiful woman, wearing a very long skirt but nothing to cover her breasts. She also wears a crown decorated with flowers that look like dark-pink roses. She has a translucid veil, just like the High Priestess, but unlike her, the Empress' veil isn't being really used...it floats behind her.
Around her, we see the white drawings of a child and a dove. We also see, in gold, the symbols of Venus, of the solar signs Libra (air) and Taurus (earth) and the letter daleth.

See the card.

So...your insights about this card?

~Yuko

MareSaturni

No one? Then i shall start...

Venus @ Metasymbology.com

Venus the Goddess of Love

Venus, known as the beautiful Goddess of Love, is indeed the loveliest Player to grace the table. She is very sensitive and is concerned with our feelings and emotions; her home and her loved ones; the nearest of the near, the dearest of the dear - that is what concerns Lady Venus.

When it's Venus' turn to play, don't let her sweetness and sensitive beauty fool you. Just behind her demure and alluring smile lurks an extremely powerful, compelling and commanding force, more than capable of throwing all other Players into a state of disarray; scrambling to regain their composure for the rest of the game.

Venus never means anyone any harm and is usually a very considerate and easygoing Player. However, she is easily hurt and tends to take all the blame and suffering upon herself. In so doing, she can't help but ultimately harm the ones she loves and worse, harm her own self.

Venus is primarily concerned with her home, and her relationships. She wants everything to be beautiful and is miserable when her Cards reflect confusion, secrecy or any form of disagreement. Venus loves to be social and is at her best when there are groups of people around her - an audience to admire her and entertain.

In Metasymbology, Venus lords over Taurus and Libra.

~*~

Venus @ Astro.com

Venus
Venus gives us a sense of beauty, the enjoyment of pleasure, aesthetic awareness, love of harmony, sociability, taking pleasure in relationships and eroticism.
Sign equivalents: Libra and Taurus

Any more informations on Venus anyone would like to share? And how do they relate with the Empress meaning?
Besides this, what else do you see in this card that may...add to it's symbolism?

~Yuko

rcb30872

Elemental Symbol ~ Earth/Air
Astrological Ruler ~ Venus
Astrological Correspondence ~ Taurus/Libra

Taurus
Many Taurus peopel are very successful and live opulent lifestyles. They can be generous to the extreme about some things - like special gifts, donating their time, energy and knowledge to good causes, yet on other levels, they can hold on to prized possessions with a death grip. They can really make their own magic when they set their minds to something and listen to their intuition. Taureans can be great listeners and thoughtful, considerate friends. To their advantage, they have a practical sense for survival that gets them through challenges and other roadblocks that might trip up others. They're organised and systematic in thie planning and they can see the steps then need to take to prepard for their future goals. They also appreciate natural resources and respect the environment. One of their greatest strengths is their patient determination and ability to stay focused on their carefully laid plans until they achieve their objectives.

Venus' Influence on Taurus
Venus is the Roman goddess of beauty, the arts, pleasure and emotions. Venus is the celestial entity that smiles on them and often makes them and incredible "good-looker". Even if they are not born good-looking under Venus, there will be something especially gorgeous about them in some way. Maybe it is their skin, thie hair, their health, their vitality and their glow. Venus will not let them miss out on inheriting some of her great physical gifts. Usually because Venus rules them, they are a creature of comfort and if they have their druthers, they love nothing better to surround themselves with life's treasures and pleasures! Because of Venus, not very many people can stay mad at a Taurus for long because they have a shining personality, a wonderful heart and people really appreciate their kind words and special attention. Because of Venus's influence, they often have tons of creativity that can express itself on many different level. It may show up in writing, their involvement with fashion, hosting parties, playing music, colour coordination, gardening, painting or putting bits and pieces together in an appealing and unusual way.

Libra
They have the capacity to both give and receive an abundance of information and this can make them extremely talented and creative. They are popular with people because they are natural charmers. They also have great magical powers of persuasion. When they really truly do want something, or make a decision, they go at it big time and nothing, or nobody can hold them back.

Venus's Influence on Libra
Their ruling planet, the usually totally feminine energy, planet Venus is actually operating under her male expressive output when she rules Libra. With Venus effectively crossing over (or going into the closet in a roundabout asrological way) a mixed and jumbled signals about who they are, what they want and what they should aim for in life. Also, the altered energy-force coming from Venus can play some weird tricks on your will-power or sexual role-playing. Their Venus connection enhances their artistic abilities and magnifies their desire for pleasure and the dislike for discomfort or ugliness

Venus
Venus represents refinement, harmony, love, beauty and artistry. Venus is often called the less benefactor. This means it is associated with good fortune in minor ways; for example, winning a small amount of money in the lottery. Venus rules romance, love, gentleness, beauty and sociability. Some positive characteristics of Venus re charm, refinement, consideration, creativity, inspiration and graceful movement. Some negative Venus characteristics are vanity, laziness, jealousy, self-indulgence, indecisiveness and possessiveness. Venus rules the ovaries, throat and blood circulation.

:love:

Bec

fishezuk

The Elemental Aspect of Venus

Hi all,

Great interpretations peeps! Again, I am learning so much from everyone. Thank you from the depths of my heart.

Just a thought and hopefully a topic of discussion. Possibly, off the point slightly but lets see where this goes.

The Empress Card is symbolised by Venus the Goddess of Love. But what is the definition of love (in Venus terms at least): Well surely it is the positive, harmonious meeting of body (Taurus - Earth) and mind (Libra - Air) that will be influenced by the querant's sun sign. Venus champions love as being comfortable with each others body and physical intimacy and 'wanting to have that person physically close'. But more than that positive 'communication' and exchange of opinions between the two parties is also essential to the harmonious working of the relationship.

Maybe, it's the astrologer coming out in me but apart from all of the other valid interpretations of the Empress this (to me) is the true essence of the card.

I was interested in the (what I see as) Dark Green robe round Venus' waist with specks of yellow. Traditionally, Dark Green (as I understand it) is related to Ambition, Greed & Jealousy and the Yellow with happiness, joy and future ambitions. Therefore, is this robe symbolising to us the nature of Venus that underneath her pleasant, loving demeanour is a greater strength than we can possibly realise on the surface - the power, ambition that she craves underneath the outward persona. The happiness and joy (Yellow specks) can be seen as a glimmer of light for the future but only when we truly understand and acknowledge our true intentions in a situation and are honest about what we want out of a relationship. It is this unveiling of understanding that shows the path to success with this card.

Look forward to your thoughts on this one.

John

rcb30872

Hi John,

I like what you have said. In some sense, Venus can be seen as over indulgence, in terms of having money, luxuries and physical love, or more to the point sensuality. Not always, but like you suggested, I would imagine that it would depend on other things in one's astrological chart.

For instance, I know people that are both Librans and Taureans, and I do see the influence of Venus on them in terms of wanting to have beautiful surroundings, like to have lots of sensuous contact, as it were, to the point of being, say, frivolous, may not necessarily want the emotional attachment, perhaps they do, sort of bed hopping, and notches on the bed post springs to mind here. In some sense, it could be seen that they want the best of everything, and may want to have everything, you know, have the state of the art technological gadgets, ranging from telelvisions, stereos and cars to digital cameras, palm planner, clothes and shoes. Since they want all of these things, they may tend to be a bit of a workaholic so they can afford all these things that they want. Somtimes going to their homes makes you think that you are in a show house rather than a home! (yeah, I am not overly materialistic, but I suppose you gathered that by now ;))

Then there are the Librans, don't want to see ugliness, whether that is in other people, or in relationships. They may tend to sacrifice their own wants and needs for the sake of the other person and relatiohships. If they have any grievances as it were with someone else, I doubt very much that they would speak up about it, rather just grin and bear it, as such. Which is not always a good thing, the inability to express oneself, not wanting to be confrontational, ultimately could lead to their downfall. As they would be left not having what they want, and they would have like a simmering resentment, all because they have not spoken up, sacrificed themselves, did what someone else has wanted them to do and the like.

Not all good, as you can see.