Check it out, a free online course on astrology!

ccbmac

Triple Ditto for me (about the assignments, etc.)

Keslynn

I did find it confusing, but just keep reading what she's posted on the bulletin boards. The beginning lectures are supposed to be read without and previous reading (unless you really want to read ahead). She inserts the reading assignments at the bottom of certain lessons, which I'm taking to mean that she wants it read before moving onto the next one. She inserts the assignments where she wants them to be. In Lesson 2, there's one right in the middle to do. As for the assignments, I believe that they are supposed to be posted underneath the original Assignment post though you don't have to. I don't know how that will affect getting a completion certificate though.

That's how I've been doing it. This particular bulletin board interface is a little awkward.

:TQS Kes

AquarianGoddess

Gang,

How are the classes going? Are you enjoying, learning, finding out all about yourselves, looking up everyone else's chart?

Keep us posted...we just love this stuff!!

AG

Moongold

I'm very interested in learning astrology and followed up this course.

They don't seem to be taking new enrolments now. No further classes are scheduled.

If you were asked to recommend a good book for beginners, what would you recommend? Nothing too basic but something with substantial content?

Many thanks

Moongold

Laurel

The class didn't turn out to be as interesting or useful as I hoped. Susan Miller's book itself was a good read. But the class pacing, the activities, didn't offer quite enough substance. That's just my opinion though.

Laurel

starfish66

Laurel said:
The class didn't turn out to be as interesting or useful as I hoped. Susan Miller's book itself was a good read. But the class pacing, the activities, didn't offer quite enough substance. That's just my opinion though.

Laurel -

You summed it up perfectly (at least from my standpoint). The class was not what I had hoped for but the book was very good.

:TMOON Starfish

Moongold

Thanks to both of you! I don't feel quite so disapppointed now!

Moongold

AquarianGoddess

You may be much better off with a correspondence course, although, they're not cheap. Much of beginner astrology is "visual"; it helps a great deal to see the chart being drawn and for learning the symbols.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out to be what you had hoped, but I'm sure you learned something and now you can build on that knowledge.

AG