Casting charts for Aliens

Grigori

Well this is a little bit of silliness inspired by a random comment I read in an astrology book, but I thought it might be interesting to discuss.

How would you read a chart for someone born on another planet besides Earth?

I find it interesting to think about because, for example, someone one born on Mars, would not have Mars appear in their chart. So where would there drive come from? Would they be a more passive race? Less firey? Or perhaps because Mars is the soil they stand on, they would be generally more Mars-like as a group, but not have the focus of that planets energy in any particular area of life?

If that is believed, which of our own characteristics come from having our feet planted on Earth? What are Earths own pervasive characteristics that penetrate all areas of our life?

And then what if you were born in a whole other solar system? :eek: With a different number or arrangement of planets all together?

This thinking bought up some interesting ideas for me on what astrology is, and how it connects to our lives. I'd be interested to hear others opinions. Or if we have any aliens amung us who want to share their charts with us :D (there are a couple people I suspect.... }) )

gorgeousbutterfly

do you have neptune in the 12th house?

i dunno. i think that is a very intresting question you are bring up!! i'm too tired to really think of this now.. but i like how you were able to think of something like that. creative mind. good imagination :)

catlin

Interesting question. I have never thought about that before (ok, I admit it: I only will start believing in aliens when they will show up on my front door).

I suppose aliens from another solar system will have an astrological system fitting their planet/s.

I suppose our ancestors where much more earth like than we are it now. Mondern man seems to be more obsessed with things going on above his head than what is going on below his feet.

I expect aliens from Mars to be fiery, swift, whereas Saturnians could be more pensive, slower in action.

dadsnook2000

Back to the basics

There are several factors which might remain pretty much the same in any astrological system.

1) A planet orbits around a star, and many planets seem to have eliptical orbits which suggests some sort of seasonal (tropical) fluctuation. This provides a common-to-all yearly cycle. What cannot be determined is whether they would utilize a 12-segment division of the yearly cycle or some other approach.

2) Planets tend to rotate on their axis at a faster rate than their orbital period. While our Moon rotates once each orbital cycle and keeps, therefore, the same face towards us all of the time, the planets generally have "days" of a relatively short cycle. This provides us with the possibility of a "house" system and a day-night cycle.

3) Since planets often have an axis tilt from the orbital perpendicular plane, the day-night and seasonal variations provide for an everchanging Ascendant and MC relationship in terms of arc-seperation. This would tend to provide a basis for an astrology based on time/place of birth/events.

4) Further similarities, or their possibility, might stop here. As noted, the number of planets in the system, the subject-planets relationship in terms of order and distance would make for a great variation to contend with. Also, there might be several moons to contend with -- this could be the basis for a very different astrology as the cyclic moon orbits and their proximity could either substitute for, or modify, the effects of planets on the subject planet.

Further, some systems have double stars which could make things really eccentric in nature.

Now, how does all this impact our thoughts on astrology here on Earth? It would seem that the annual cycle, the daily cycle, and the ASC-MC-House system that personalizes astrology for each of us -- these are the most important geometric/environmental factors. The tension between the Sun (as the life-sustaining and greatest energy-generating factor) and the Moon (as the most immediate, tidal and cyclic influence) has to be the most important rhythm or cyclic factor. Everything else is an additive or "refinement" factor.

Just some thoughts. Dave

Balsamo

If they are ON Earth when you make the chart, they are under the influence of "Our" stars.

He says on no authority whatever.

dadsnook2000

What stars, what planets, what cycles?

When you do a natal chart, you are looking at a frozen moment in time. While they are implied, there is not illustration of the cycles that have been unfolding and into which the entity chose a time/place for birth. We do transit charts and progressed charts and other charts relative to the birth chart to see what might be activated and when that might occur.

Consider your alien upon earth. He/she/it is subjected to new and different years cycles, daily cycles, Moon influences relative to the Sun, and different planetary influences that didn't exist in his/her/its birth chart. Natural body rhythms will be thrown off, different energies might elicit different action/mood/ mental/physiological changes. What transits will work, and how? What progressions (extension of the natal cycles) will have an impact, if any? If there is a bodily adaption to our system, our astrology, what will that do to the alien. If there is no negative reaction, just a positive adjustment and assimilation, then what does that tell you about the universe, God, astrology?

Just some additonal thoughts. Dave

DraagonStorm

In the book by Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger In A Strange Land, he addresses this. The main character is a human who was born on Mars. Another character in the book is an astrologer who does his chart. Interesting read. You might check it out.

BB
DraagonStorm

ravenest

Or if we have any aliens amung us who want to share their charts with us :D (there are a couple people I suspect.... }) )[/QUOTE]

Okay ... I'm busted. I am an alien, BUT I come from a very remote sector of space that is virtually empty with no planets or stars ... any takers to do my chart?

But seriously, I think dadsnook made some good points.
Basically, I believe, the origins of astrology were made from observing cycles in nature in relation to star patterns.

But then again, there are possibly aliens living on (/in) Europa (moon of Jupiter) where it is believed that there is a warm ocean under the frozen water surface. If it is a livible environment (and it may well be to the extent that NASA has sent a probe there, and why would they bother if it didnt show a higher chance than other places?) I assume astrology would be a very 'alien' concept to anyone that lived in it.

paradoxx

The real question, what does it mean when Earth is conjunct to the moon (or one of the moons) of the planet you are on like mars (or for that matter Mars if your are inhabitaing [I am going to get flak for this] an asteroid like say orpheous)?

How does earth fit into the casted chart, what does it represent, do each of the planets have a different correlation depending on which body you are already on? I can say this with certainty, if you are on mars, then mercury, venus, and earth will always stay within a certain viewpoint as they are within the general eccliptic of mars.

Finally, fixed stars might have an impact on those born outside our solar system, although the angle upon which that star exists and may or may not be seen in a 3-dimensional realm might alter its meaning. Or maybe not.

But having Earth in Cancer during a double full moon on Mars just might make you homesick for a Humans natural environment.

isthmus nekoi

I believe some astrologers use a heliocentric model (where the sun is the center instead of the earth) for casting charts, but I don't know much about that system. That might work for Martians :)

But that still wouldn't answer your questions about different energies and such... All I can answer is that just b/c you have a different or even "incorrect" system doesn't mean it won't work under certain circumstances. For example, the ancient astrologers did without Uranus, Neptune and Pluto and they seemed fine without it. The current tropical system of astrology is now off kilter from actual constellations, but those using tropical seem to be fine enough not to want to switch over to sidereal.

Or to take another analogy. Imagine how models of the atom have changed over time. Radically different ones. I remember in high school, we studied an older version that was later theorized to be incorrect by quantam mechanics. So why study the older one? Because, right or wrong, for our purposes and our experiments, the older simplified model worked.