Sabian Symbol for the Ascendant

Azarial

What aspect of your life does the sabian symbol for the ascendant represent? I have been reading 360 Degrees of Wisdom, and was reading the sabian symbol for my ascendant which is "A man alone in deep gloom. Unnoticed, angels are coming to his aid." So I was wondering which part of my life this is refering to.

~Azarial~

MCsea

Hi Azarial,

Ill have a go at this, I would say that this is a lovely symbol once you realise your angels are with you, a bit lonely if you don't believe in angels eh - Ok lets widen the definition Angels means friends we can take it to the highest level or not - up to the individual I suppose, personally I like Angels...

Also to remember there are different versions of the symbols - well essentially the symbol is the same but the words are different Dr M E Jones sayd - A man in hte midst of brightening influences - so no need for angels there ;)

Your ascendant or rising sign this symbol shows us as we really are - but often we only reveal these beautiful powerful traits to those close to us.

So how DO angels pop up in your life, how are you an angel to others, what angel books interests do you have, what are the brightening influences in your life?

Within this symbol you may be someone who acts as an angel helping others or indeed inspiring people to greatness. I suppose you may do this on a level that is humble and is as an accompaniment to other things you do in life. The down side to this symbol is you have the potential to help SO MANY PEOPLE, but they just may not listen to you, you say things - warning - offer help and people may not listen to you.

My rising sign symbol is a person tries in vain to teach the mysteries to a motley crew - I try to explain 'stuff' but so many people are not interested or just want a quick simple answer, I feel your and my symbols are similar on this point - but you have ANGELS in your symbol - much better, it looks lik eyou will suceed

I hope that rambling helps

MARINA

PS to get your ascendant sabian symbol you really need to have your birth time pretty accurate - even one minute can change it.

PPS - I suppose this is an AIR AIR symbol - libra pluse angels - air, communication and thoughts are important. :)

Azarial

Thank you, that helps out alot.

tink27

Hi Azarial,

I wonder who changes these symbols over time? I certainly prefer “A Man Becoming Aware Of Spiritual Forces Surrounding And Assisting Him.

Just thought I’d express my thoughts on this symbol sitting on your ascendant. It could show that at times you appear controlled on the outside but inside you feel as if your emotions are all bottled up. In regard to your peers you may have taken a different direction then your family, friends and colleagues….sometimes when you’re with them you may be afraid to express your feelings because your thoughts are more spiritually inclined. You do very well learning and studying on your own…..there are times you would like to share the things that stimulate and interest you.

Meeting people for the first time, you may be a little shy, but inside your intuition is strong….you are always evaluating people and looking at their true character….your very rarely wrong in what you see and find. If you like what you see in another, the two of you could become very close and good friends.

At times, you may not ask for or look for outside help…..your are extremely independent ….and if you did,,, it could show your weaknesses vulnerabilities….something that in the past may have opened a whole can of worms!

Perhaps at times you are misunderstood and so you prefer to question your own problems which allows Spirits, Guides, Angels to send you symbols and synchronicities in your life.

This brings us to Marina’s post of the Angels and how they speak magic in your life.

I hope this is helpful!

tink

Azarial

It's very helpful, thank you very much.

Sophie

I see the rising sign differently from Marina, as the sign of the personality we show the world. I am a Pisces, with a Gemini ascendant. My inner life - my "real" self - is very Piscean, but I talk, think fast and flit around a lot like a good Gemini. However, the older I get, the more Piscean I become, as my real self starts to take over from my Gemini personality.

In my case, my ascendant is at Gemini 5:
A radical magazine or publication, asking for action, displays a sensational front page

Most people who know me on the surface would see that passionate activist side of me ;). But it's only a personality thing. Beneath it, I am much more measured. My sun sign symbol is Pisces 13 - A sword, used in many battles, in a museum. Although I have deep convictions, I am becoming more like the sword in the museum - calmer, seeking other ways of effecting change, not least in myself - than my younger radical magazine personality. But who knows? It will probably flare up now and then. What is certain is that even when I argue passionately for something, inside, I feel balanced and even-tempered, and generally able to see another point of view than the one I am defending.

Not sure if that's answered the question or confused you further! Not everyone has Sun Sign and Ascendant Sabian Symbols that are so opposed (or seemingly so - I like to see my Pisces 13 as a natural evolution of Gemini 5).