World Spirit - Aces and Twos

Rhiannon

Not sure if I'll continue posting this, but I thought I'd give it a shot with the Aces and Twos. If people want to continue we can, of course.

First of all, all 4 aces have a few things in common: mandalas, the sun in the upper left corner and a phase of the moon in the upper right corner.
Ace Pentacles: I see this card as the beginning of all things good. It's a reconnection with the earth and the earth's powers. Things are beginning to grow and flourish. The waning moon symbolizes the ripening and the harvest.

Ace Swords: Wind swept heights and great views! The dark moon is a time for banishing magic. Perhaps for banishing some of the negative things in the swords suit. The sunlight off of the snow can cause snow-blindness. Communications repeat and echo across the hills. Beginnings of logic and clarity.

Ace Wands: Heat, sometimes feeling oppressive. New growth on the wand. The full moon is pregnant with new possibilities, birth will happen now. Action, energy, light, but it is also a bit harsh in the terrain.

Ace Cups: The clouds are soft but may hold rain. The cup is overflowing, a sense of abundance. The waxing moon is for growth. Everything is green and lush with new plantings waiting to mature. A sense of expectancy and joy.

Rhiannon

Twos

Two of Pentacles: Balancing between dark and light. The 2 pentacles, one is dark one is light... Yin and Yang? She is in a precarious position. The light from the lighthouse "houses" her and keeps her safe from the waves. Dancing in the face of adversity!

Two of Swords: This 2 is different from the RWS 2 because it looks as though this young man can straighten up and choose a side to stand on at any time. This seems more like an excersize for him. IMO: Witholding judgement. Sitting on the fence. Choosing to wait and see. Not choosing between 2 potentially bad situations. Exercising self control.

Two of Wands: Choosing one's path in life. Wishful thinking, wishing upon a shooting star. Deciding one's future from your own inner voice instead of listening to, or interference from, others and their opinions.

Two of Cups: The coming together of 2 like minds. A happy meeting of friends and soul mates. 2 different views can bring about a more complete and better whole. Partnership and enjoyment. Bouncing ideas off of each other.

So, those are the cards I've done so far. Please let me know what you think and feel free to tell me if I'm full of it, or if I make sense. And please add your own interpretations as well!

R :)

Sulis

Hi Rhiannon,
I think you`ve got those cards spot on. Glad you`ve restarted this study group as well.

Crystalmynx

Rhiannon

Thanks, crystalmynx! Getting ready to post 3's, 4's and 5's.

Maan

Love your intrepetations :)

Hmmm i try to give mine..probebly almost the same as yours and a little hard to read but here we go:

Two of pentacles:
She likes this..juggle with everything. She gets easaly bored when things stay the same. She know where she's going and where she is it al doing for cause the light of the lighthouse is guiding here. She looks over her glasses as if she does not need them or anything alse from outside herself to see things clearly

Two of swords:
He is in zen like state. he has to be still. he is even still inside. he try's hard not to think and not to feel cause if he does he might loose his concentration.
The rabbit symbolizes the growth possible in this card even though the moon is not...growth after a period of letting things go?

Two of cups:
The couple knows that you can love each other and be different, you don't have to give up you own individuality..hence the different flowers and clothes etc. There even guided by different gods...
Wich also makes me think of the couple being ment for each other cause the god/ddess is guiding them.
The snake almosts bites his tale....almost the symbol of infinity....thats the potential of this situation?

Two of staves:
Standing on a shore and thinking of what's going to happen.
He is still a little bleu( sorry could not resist..hope this is still a pun in english)he has his whole life infront of him and he is thinking of what all he might do with it

Hope you can make sence out of this..if not i'm still glad i did it cause it made me learn some

Love and light
Maan

rajarod

nice!

Well done! I'm glad you're doing this... I've had this deck for a while, but I've never really 'connected' with it. I enjoy reading and learning from you both! Thanks Rhiannon and Maan :)
::bows deeply::

Rhiannon

You're welcome, rajarod!

Maan, I like your take on the glasses in the 2 of Pents. I was trying to find a way to mention her proverbial "rose colored glasses" but I just couldn't quite get it. Now you've made me see that she doesn't need to look at the world through them because she is not afraid to face reality. Very nice!

Also, the guy in the 9 of Wands has these glasses too, do you think there is a connection? Maybe we can work on that when we get to #9?

And re: the snake in the 2 of Cups. I was trying very hard to find the lemniscate (symbol of infinity) in each of the 2's. But I only found it in the 2 Pents (lighthouse) and the 2 Cups (snake). If anyone else sees one in the 2 Swords or 2 Wands, let me know.

I'll be working on 6-10 and posting them soon. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope I'm helping!

wavebreaker

Rhiannon said:
Thanks for the feedback, and I hope I'm helping!
Definitely! I just got the World Spirit myself and it's great to read your interpretations of the cards, both from you and Maan!

Maan

The glasses

Great idea Rhiannon i woud have to give it some thought! Maybe he SHOULD look thru them ;)

I will get the next few cards but it probebly monday evening...I really like this idea exchange and i think whe can learn alot here!!

Love and light
Maan