Halloween Tarot Study - Ten of Imps

Skydancer

This card nicely illustrates what I've been thinking about "10" cards for quite a while; that they can mean total fulfillment, or over the top - too much.

In this case, he has picked up all his possesions, his ideas and desires (wands, right?) but one has slipped from his grasp. The big Tenth one. Can he hold them all? Should he risk dropping the ones he has to get the one he doesn't? Is he afraid that someone (or something, cat) is going to get it before he can make up his mind and act??

The 10 of Wands is often dipicted as a weary man trudging home with all of his sticks bundled on his back. Is he well supplied, contented, or is he over-burdened? I think the card in this deck illustrates that also. Is one more really necessary?

How do you read this card? (in general, as nothing is absolute)

*S*

annik

Each time I see this card, I think: "This hunchback had win too much of the Halloween Oscar". He even can't bring them all at home. And the cat seems to not laught. And I think the cat is tempted in playing with the falling statuette.

Disa

Usually the 10 of wands indicates to me a person carrying a huge burden. The straw that "almost" broke the camel's back. He's carrying the weight for others. (My DH said of the Druidcraft "that man is taking those sticks and he's going to build a house with them")

I can relate to this 10 of Imps as in, the hunchback has taken on more than he can handle, but is he doing this for himself or for the benefit of others?

The traditional 10 of wands doesn't seem to have taken on something he wanted, whereas this hunchback seems to have taken too much of a good thing. Unless he is taking those "prizes" to distribute to others, he seems a bit gluttonous to me.

Grizabella

Well, the hunchback is typically someone who acts as a helper to someone else in the movies I've seen. So I think of this one as being a helper given the job of keeping track of the bunch of little imps. He looks very tired and one of them has gotten away from him. He's a little bit frantic, wondering how he's going to catch the one little imp without losing any more of them. It's taking on more than one can chew long after one should be resting up, I think.