Moving and your chart

franniee

This is my husband's chart http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...-u1172237060;go.y=9;go.y=6;go=Go;go=Go&nhor=3

He was born in Pireaus Greece which is very close to Athens so I used Athens to cast his chart on astro, however he moved when he was a young child to queens, New York. How do I account for the move? What changes in his chart?

I think I am supposed to not look at the natal chart for his transits - I should probably make some type of new chart for the new location - I just don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance!
f

dadsnook2000

Relocation

First, the transits to the natal planets will not change. The planets are where the planets are.

Second, to cast a relocation chart you merely put in the new location data for NYC -- plus you have to adjust the birth time for NYC. NYC is in the +5 hours time zone, Athens in the -1 hours time zone, the difference being 6 hours. So, you would use his birth time less six hours when calculating the NYC chart.

You should find the Sun and Moon positions to be identical in terms of zodiac sign-degree-minutes-seconds. If not, adjust the time, plus or minus, by one hour until you get an agreement of position.

I'm not familiar with astro.com as I have several software programs which I have purchased and use. But the concept is quite simple. Good luck. Dave

franniee

dadsnook2000

thanks! It made a difference - he is a sag with aries rising but in the relocated chart he is on the cusp of aries and taurus ASC 29 21' he is to me very unlike an aries and way more like a bull - this makes more sense to me!

He is 11/28/67 2:36PM I kept the time but changed the time zone to EST and changed to coordinates to New york - hope that is correct - I have my own program too, Kairon.

His moon like mine is on his desc! Weird because it doesn't seem to manifest the same in his chart as it does in mine.... but his is in libra and mine is in scorp maybe that is the key.

His chart has the most uneven sections I have ever seen but I saw your posting for that in another thread his 12th hse is huge.

Very interesting....I always knew I had to do something to his chart but I never figured out what - thank you Dadsnook Very much!!!