Feedback Please - My First Tarot Deck

Riverdancer

I have just started working on a tarot deck and would appreciate your feedback and opinions very much.

For now, it is named Eloquenzia, and considerations of copyright have been addressed.

I have three possibilities for the Empress:

empress3withwatermarkel6.jpg

empress2withwatermarkag1.jpg

empress300finalwithwatelg5.jpg

Do let me know, please, which one you think is more evocative.

I really appreciate hearing from as many of you as possible. Thank you.

Star-Willow

Riverdancer said:
I have just started working on a tarot deck and would appreciate your feedback and opinions very much.

For now, it is named Eloquenzia, and considerations of copyright have been addressed.

I have three possibilities for the Empress:

empress3withwatermarkel6.jpg

empress2withwatermarkag1.jpg

empress300finalwithwatelg5.jpg

Do let me know, please, which one you think is more evocative.

I really appreciate hearing from as many of you as possible. Thank you.

Hi Riverdancer, I really love the second one, she is beautiful, surrounded by all the finery and elegance of material things. Her clothes are stunning too but she looks a little bewildered, well, maybe not bewildered, maybe just lost in thought, too me anyway :)

I can't help but wonder what the rest of your deck looks like??? :)

*Peace & blessings*

*Star-Willow*

Riverdancer

Star-Willow said:
I can't help but wonder what the rest of your deck looks like??? :)

*Peace & blessings*

*Star-Willow*

Thank you, Star-Willow, for your feedback. I have always thought the Empress had a lot on her shoulders, so to speak. Perhaps that is why this painting appealed to me.

I have only created one other card, so far: the "death" card which is here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=76296

Do you think I should continue with other cards?

spokeynic

i like the second one!!! :)

Debra

The second one fits best with the Death card, so it gets my vote, too. These are lovely images!

Star-Willow

Riverdancer said:
Thank you, Star-Willow, for your feedback. I have always thought the Empress had a lot on her shoulders, so to speak. Perhaps that is why this painting appealed to me.

I have only created one other card, so far: the "death" card which is here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=76296

Do you think I should continue with other cards?

I love your "Death" card, it certainly wouldn't be as frightening for a sitter in a reading because of it's peaceful quality.

And heck yeah... you should continue with your deck :D

Sidhe-Ra

Of course you should continue! Creating a deck is an enormously rewarding and educational process. It does become rather obsessive and addictive though- be warned!

These are lovely images. the first one says 'Empress' more to me :)

Blessings,

Em x

temperlyne

I like the romantic and dreamlike quality of your cards. I'm not sure which empress I like best though... The third seems a bit too sad but the first two both are rich and lush in their imagery. The first maybe being more regal. I suppose it also depends on the surrounding cards which will work best. You do not want readers to mistake an empress for a queen or priestess.

And should you continue? Once I started there was no stopping me and I believe you really need to feel that strong addictive desire to be able to finish 78 original pieces of artwork. But as long as it gives you pleasure, as long as you feel inspired, why not just continue? The cards themselves are gorgeous and if you wonder about them being marketable, I think from what I've seen that they are.

Anyway, enjoy the creational journey! I look forward to seeing more from your work.

pandoras-box

Hi Riverdancer,

First of all, I love the death card and I fit the second card firts best with it. Both of them work together very well. I would definitly say to continue with the deck, and I'd put my name down for a copy. :)

Thanks for showing those lovely cards to us. I really loved them.

Love and light

Pandora's Box

Pumpkin

I love am in love. lalalalalove!

I love the second one.
The first picture would be second.

I really do like the first one too. Maybe you could use it for another card?

Great Death card too.

The death card is my favorite card in any deck.